• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Nostalgia Critic and AVGN cameo in an anime.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:19 am Reply with quote
No really.

If you haven't already seen this floating around the internet just yet, apparently in the 5th episode of "The Unlimited Hyobu Kyosuke", expys of both The Nostalgia Critic and the Angry Video Game Nerd can be seen for a brief second.

Don't believe me? Our very own JesuOtaku got it all on video.

Even though it's only one line, I really do think that if this anime ever gets licensed and dubbed, whoever dubs it should totally bring Doug in to record for his character.

Heck, I'd be willing to contribute to a Kickstarter fund just to make it happen. Laughing
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:49 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I think that's undeniably them. Could be an easter egg from an animator. It's not like Danny Choo's original character donut steel being added to Mayo Chiki where he probably knew people from JCStaff. Apparently AVGN got popular on NicoNico at some point, and maybe his NC feud carried over as well?

Good thing Doug reconsidered and didn't kill off the NC and blow that 200,000 dollars making absolute shit.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:12 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Good thing Doug reconsidered and didn't kill off the NC and blow that 200,000 dollars making absolute shit.

It was that or get a real job after his thing tanked. "Artistic integrity" doesn't pay the bills, after all.

Anyway, yeah, an animator slipping in a cameo character in a background shot is pretty common.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:22 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Apparently AVGN got popular on NicoNico at some point, and maybe his NC feud carried over as well?

Is that so? Guess that would explain this lol.

Still, even though I know a lot of Doug's fans are anime fans, I never imagined this happening in a million years.

Kinda makes we wish I was already watching the show so I could have been surprised on my own lol
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:32 pm Reply with quote
OH MAI GAWD WTF!??? O_______________O

........uh.......congrats, Doug and James? Anime hyper
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I read about this on Japanator. That was quite surprising, I didn't know AVGN has a following in Japan.

Quote:
Apparently AVGN got popular on NicoNico at some point, and maybe his NC feud carried over as well?

Maybe hopefully, AVGN could have a Japanese language version for the Japanese audience. I hope maybe AVGN could create a section dedicated to Japanese pop culture in response for making a Japanese language version of AVGN. Also AVGN coincidentally did a Cinemassacre's Godzillathon on Youtube which tend to get hilarious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:04 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Anyway, yeah, an animator slipping in a cameo character in a background shot is pretty common.

Yeah, whenever it's Colonel Sanders. Not if it's these guys.
wolf4537

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:19 am Reply with quote
HOLY.....I just fainted from all the overwhelmingness of what I just saw.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Must be the work of the plothole....

really all I can say is that this made my day! Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1