• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Digital Manga's Warehouse Liquidation Sale, March 9-10, 10AM to 4PM- Manga and Anime Merchandise

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little confused. What part of Digital Manga is actually closing down? And how does this effect the rest of the publisher?
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:31 pm Reply with quote
It appears to mean they are either just getting rid of overstock at their warehouse, or they are closing the warehouse and outsourcing their operations to someone else.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm only about an hour away, I'll totally be going on Saturday! (Need to make a list of all the BL I want to get.)
SnaphappyFMA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:30 am Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
It appears to mean they are either just getting rid of overstock at their warehouse, or they are closing the warehouse and outsourcing their operations to someone else.

Yes, I think this is it. I would hope it doesn't mean any of their retail divisions are being shut down. I think it's overstock being sold.

Sewingrose wrote:
I'm only about an hour away, I'll totally be going on Saturday! (Need to make a list of all the BL I want to get.)

I'm going too. Very Happy I wouldn't miss this...

[EDIT: Please use the Edit button. Do not double post. -TK]
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:03 pm Reply with quote
SnaphappyFMA wrote:

Perhaps I'll see you there, I'll be there Saturday morning.

Edited: Forgot to delete the extra quoting.
SnaphappyFMA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Sewingrose wrote:
SnaphappyFMA wrote:

Perhaps I'll see you there, I'll be there Saturday morning.

We should wear nametags like it's an anime convention. LOL
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Bit of a trek for me, that pesky Atlantic ocean gets in the way somewhat
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Bringing this back to the main page for people who hadn't seen the pres release before. I was there sharp at 10 today, and the sale was epic, almost every book was priced at either $1 or $4, and I bought over 50 books for myself. I really recommend anyone who likes BL to stop by and stock up.
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Sewingrose wrote:
I was there sharp at 10 today, and the sale was epic, almost every book was priced at either $1 or $4, and I bought over 50 books for myself. I really recommend anyone who likes BL to stop by and stock up.
If only I lived anywhere nearby (i.e. not clear across the country), I could've gone to this sale in the morning and still had time to go stalk greet Lee Min Ho at the airport this afternoon. Really, it would've been The Perfect Day.

*is insanely jealous of locals*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
Sewingrose wrote:
I was there sharp at 10 today, and the sale was epic, almost every book was priced at either $1 or $4, and I bought over 50 books for myself. I really recommend anyone who likes BL to stop by and stock up.
If only I lived anywhere nearby (i.e. not clear across the country), I could've gone to this sale in the morning and still had time to go stalk greet Lee Min Ho at the airport this afternoon. Really, it would've been The Perfect Day.

*is insanely jealous of locals*

That's the thing about being in Southern California, everything takes an hour and a half to get to, but then you can get to everything in an hour and a half. Trains you to enjoy podcasts, audiobooks, and fuel efficient cars.

Then you get home and realize you still didn't get everything you meant to get. -_- This is why you update your shopping lists morning of, people. And by people I mean myself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1