Neon Ally App freezing up issues

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:43 pm Reply with quote
MeggieMay wrote:
LittleB wrote:
Anyone else have freezing issues with episode 12 of Nura?First time i've had this issue with the service.

This doesn't seem to have been a app freezing issue alone (at least in my case) but a screw up on the master tape. While I did have some actual freezing/lag & catch up (the new issues? I think this may be the "fix" for the original and I can live with it, since I don't have to re-boot the channel) on the first run of the show Saturday, the exact same thing happened the second run! I did manage to catch the parts of the episode that got clobbered during the freeze/catch up stuff but the end of the episode, at the end credits, look to me to be a master tape issue. The episode didn't go into end credits but went back to the last commercial break and then just ended a few minutes into that!! I'm hoping it'll be fixed tonight when the episode re-shows during the marathon but if not, could someone fix this please?!

Yeah, I experienced that same exact skip sequence skipping around within the episode during the premiere of the ep last Saturday, so since it was pretty much exactly the same I'm inclined to believe this wasn't that kind of skip.
venture2000

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:29 am Reply with quote
I take it that means everyone is no longer experiencing skipping and freezing issues.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately, problems still exist, at least where I am. It's not as bad as it used to be but there are still some problems. I still experience some freezing but usually for a very short while and may be due to local internet use. But tonight, I had some major skipping issue during Tiger&Bunny and Inuyasha FA. The ending of T and G was lopped off, credits rolled, then an end scene, and a cut-off promo. And Inuyasha skipped/froze several times and even repeated an entire scene! Anyone else have any problems?

Seriously, NA, you need to finish fixing these problems before moving onto other consoles/devices!
venture2000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Rinmackie, I watched the same broadcast of Inuyasha The Final Act (8:30 PM EST) I did not notice any freezing issues.

I don't know if you saw my earlier post in this forum, but I had the same problem you did. Until mid December- after I fixed it- life has been great. I suspect that you may have a wireless dead zone in your house like I did or maybe interference.

Where is your playstation 3 located with respect to your modem/router? I would try this experiment:

1) Move your playstation 3 into the same room your modem/router is located.

2) Disable your wireless Internet connectivity in the options settings on your playstation 3.

3) Selected wired Internet connectivity in the options settings.

4) Using an ethernet cable- connect it to your ethernet port on the back of your playstation and the other end to to one of the ethernet ports (output ports) on your modem/router.

5) Connect your playstation 3 to a tv set in the same room with the modem/router and see if your freezing/skipping issues continue.

In my case they stopped the minute I did this. But resumed the minute I moved the playstation back into the wireless dead zone. I ended up having to run an ethernet cable directly into my router for the issue to stop.

I will be interested to see if this solves your problem.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I don't know that it's a dead zone problem. I've watched with very little to no problems before. This is the first time in a while I've had such major problems. However, the PS3 is in our bedroom, so it's a bit of a distance from the router. I don't know how much of issue that is, but I'm reluctant to move the console back to the living room. Actually, I'm the only one in the house who watches it. I moved it to the bedroom so I could have privacy.
venture2000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote
When no one is around or you have the house to yourself. Move the playstation to the living room (temporarily) and see if you experience the freezing skipping issues. If you don't- the problem is on your end. If you do the problem is on Neon Alley's end. Either way it will give you peace of mind.
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:29 pm Reply with quote
I recently was able to do a Ethernet cable test on my PS3 and guess what? It didn't fix a thing with the freezing issues and I found out my wireless is just as good as the cord is, at least on my PS3 (my Roku is another story but it's more the Roku 2's problem and some specific apps on it, than my wireless). The only thing I noticed that was better on wired was the time it took to leave the app and return. It does that faster but I was doing it just as much as I was on wireless because it still froze up.

At this point I'm just putting up with it. Just when and how much freezing happens is very random at this point. I also get video jumping (i.e. it'll skip forward a minute or so or jump back and repeat a few seconds) but this is a newer issue than the freezing and I'm not sure what is going on with that.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm not sure changing my console location will help. It's not as bad as it used to be, just some minor freezing every now and then. But this was the first time in a while that it skipped so bad. I usually just put up with it or if it's really bad, I'll just watch the episodes at another time.

But I'm only following two shows at this time. And I'm planning on buying the dvds/blu-rays at some point.
Demonshalo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Hey guys its been awhile. It has now been almost 4 months with the technical difficulties screen. Just downloaded the update and still nothing. Been in contact with customer service repeatedly they keep saying the patch is coming. So I'm curious if the update was the patch? Waiting for yet another response from customer service. I also want to mention I have brought up multiple times about them not charging me since the service isn't working and they offer me the free months to equal the time the service has been down. which is fine but if it's not working what good is that to me? They say i can cancel my service and come back later and receive the time some other time. ( Which I very seriously doubt would actually happen) I have already stated if I leave I'm not coming back and I want a refund and they totally glance over that. So basically they are refusing to refund my money. This has got to be the worst experience and service ever. Twisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted Evil
8BitPinkiePie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm annoyed this problem has not been fixxed, we are 4 months in 2013 and this problem is on going, I don't see why I would pay 7$ a month for an app that continually freezes and skips scenes and I'm watching late at night having these issues, for some reason there seems to be no problems in the morning which is great.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:32 pm Reply with quote
8BitPinkiePie wrote:
I'm annoyed this problem has not been fixxed, we are 4 months in 2013 and this problem is on going, I don't see why I would pay 7$ a month for an app that continually freezes and skips scenes and I'm watching late at night having these issues, for some reason there seems to be no problems in the morning which is great.

....I think you mean "6 months in". Neutral

Anyways, if you have an XBOX 360, I'd definitely recommend switching over to the Neon Alley app on that. Ever since I started watching on my 360, I haven't had a single problem with skipping, and only very occasional problems with freezing or dips in quality. It's been really nice.

Yet even now, if I try to watch on my PS3, I get the freezing, skipping, and bad video problems. So yeah, I'm sticking with my 360 from here on out.
0Seru0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:12 pm Reply with quote
The ps3 app need to be updated to fix these issues.

I watch the channel just fine on my xbox, but I prefer the ps3 cause I can flip between different HDMI channels on my TV without having to re-access NA every time .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4