Forum - View topic
Neon Alley Outside US?




Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
0Seru0



Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Why it's not there? what's the point of streaming on a ps3 when you still restrict your channel in US and Canada only?

I'm sure people there have stable access to different anime channels like Funimation and won't feel the need to go online on a console 24h a day to watch a channel for 7 dollars a month + adds.

well, people in other parts of the world won't mind that especially those who have no other means to watch anime but the Internet (like Me).

some here would kill for a descent anime channel while others whine about how it's Dub-only or doesn't have an on-demand feature.

Pretty ironic, I'd say.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Divineking



Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 1086

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote
0Seru0 wrote:
Why it's not there? what's the point of streaming on a ps3 when you still restrict your channel in US and Canada only?

I'm sure people there have stable access to different anime channels like Funimation and won't feel the need to go online on a console 24h a day to watch a channel for 7 dollars a month + adds.

well, people in other parts of the world won't mind that especially those who have no other means to watch anime but the Internet (like Me).

some here would kill for a descent anime channel while others whine about how it's Dub-only or doesn't have an on-demand feature.

Pretty ironic, I'd say.


Simple answer: Viz is an R1 licensor and therefore only operates in the US and Canada. Any regions beyond that have other distributors and Viz can't very well interfere with whatever it is their doing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
0Seru0



Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Simple answer: Viz is an R1 licensor and therefore only operates in the US and Canada. Any regions beyond that have other distributors and Viz can't very well interfere with whatever it is their doing.

What if those areas have no official holdings? don't think the Japanese companies would really dwell on those regions if no one there reached out to them for shows.
They could tolerate the ps3 thing, I hope.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative


Joined: 03 Oct 2012
Posts: 59
Location: San Francisco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Its true. We're limited to R1 for right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdo7
It's Over 9000!It's Over 9000!


Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 4960
Location: Maryland, USA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Last time I checked, Neon Alley is a North America only thing, there's no European version of this yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative


Joined: 03 Oct 2012
Posts: 59
Location: San Francisco

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:15 pm Reply with quote
European anime rights are a tad different, also they are another region code altogether.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
animewatcher0=



Joined: 09 Feb 2013
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:18 am Reply with quote
please TRY can't STAND 4KIDS MUCH LONGER COME HERE AND KILL THIER DIRTY WAY OF MAKEING ANIME CHILD FRENDLY AND CLEAN

or atleast get us a easy way of buying series such as

bleach
blue exorcist
fariy tail
naruto
naruto shippuden
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mdo7
It's Over 9000!It's Over 9000!


Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 4960
Location: Maryland, USA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:03 pm Reply with quote
animewatcher0= wrote:
please TRY can't STAND 4KIDS MUCH LONGER COME HERE AND KILL THIER DIRTY WAY OF MAKEING ANIME CHILD FRENDLY AND CLEAN

or atleast get us a easy way of buying series such as

bleach
blue exorcist
fariy tail
naruto
naruto shippuden


uh dude, 4kids can't get anymore anime. I don't think you didn't read this article but since you're new here on ANN, I'm going to assume you don't read a lot about the world of anime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
getchman
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Posts: 6746
Location: Cheshire, CT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:56 pm Reply with quote
animewatcher0= wrote:


or atleast get us a easy way of buying series such as

bleach
blue exorcist
fariy tail
naruto
naruto shippuden


whether or not you get those shows depends on your local UK licensors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Tempest
ANN Publisher & CEO


Joined: 29 Dec 2001
Posts: 8568
Location: Do not message me for support.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Neon Alley Moderator wrote:
Its true. We're limited to R1 for right now.


How about Quebec? When do I get to watch Neon Alley ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
DENelson83



Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Posts: 19
Location: Vancouver Island, B.C.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:25 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Last time I checked, Neon Alley is a North America only thing, there's no European version of this yet.

Last time I checked, Neon Alley is US only. Viz refuses to exercise or is otherwise incapable of exercising its Canadian distribution rights, leaving Neon Alley completely blacked out here in Canada. It didn't matter to me until a couple of weeks ago, but then Viz acquired the rights to the only anime that I have ever liked, and that's Sailor Moon, and now I'm right pissed off that Viz is not letting me see it. It's not enough to tell me that Sailor Moon is coming back to Canada "soon". I don't want to be kept in the dark; I want a timetable. I have also reported this situation to Toei and PNP over Twitter, so even if there is nothing that they can do about the situation, at least they are aware of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group