• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dictatorial Grimoire Manga Listed by Seven Seas' Distributor

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OniTasku

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Given the Amazon solicitation has an actual product description and bio for the manga, I don't really know why Seven Seas is withholding comment.

That is, unless they intended to keep this secret until Sakura-Con (if they were even intending on being there, in the first place).
Tratious

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Tratious wrote:

We received the news tip on Saturday, February 9, but requested a comment from Seven Seas before posting. On at least two previous occasions, retailers listed titles from Seven Seas Entertainment that were canceled or in error.
OniTasku

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
We received the news tip on Saturday, February 9, but requested a comment from Seven Seas before posting. On at least two previous occasions, retailers listed titles from Seven Seas Entertainment that were canceled or in error.

True enough; though almost all of their last recent batches of licenses have appeared via solicitations such as these for the past 6 months (at least); Sacred Blacksmith, Zero's Familiar, Kanokon and all of the Alice in the Country of [x] series/spin-offs.

They are a fairly quiet company, PR-wise, and they haven't exactly made much a deal of officially announcing titles until much later, either. That said, it's uncharacteristic of them to decline comment. If it were only Amazon, that's one thing, but now it's on Edelweiss too. Only thing I can think of is that this was leaked too early for them.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:34 am Reply with quote
Hahaha, only one of those in the list comes with "Promotion at the San Diego Comic Con." Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1