• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Kill Me Baby TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote
I think I'm one of the 100 people that actually liked this show, but I'm still confused by this license.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:04 pm Reply with quote
This anime is definitely divisive. I saw hate and love for it, but it can't be denied the art and animation were limited, as was the watcher's toleration of the gag comedy. Obviously it'll be a sub-only DVD release, so no need to even begin speculation.

I liked the show too, but it's just Sentai filling their catalog with as much as they can get, cheaply.
DmonHiro

I loved it... but I sure hope they got this cheap.
getchman
Space Cowboy

im not entirely sure what to think about this since i could only stand about 6 episodes before I dropped it
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:07 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Obviously it'll be a sub-only DVD release, so no need to even begin speculation.

The press release says bilingual though.
clipeuh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:07 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Obviously it'll be a sub-only DVD release, so no need to even begin speculation.

Quote:
The company will release the series through "select digital outlets" and then later this year on bilingual DVD.

Laughing
mgosdin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Dubbed? I would have never though this would even be licensed let alone get the extra work of being dubbed.

I'm one of the 100 that actually liked this show, so I'm happy and will hand my money over with a smile to Sentai. Very Happy

Mark Gosdin
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:14 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

I stand corrected. Well, that'll outrage some... that this gets deemed economically viable enough to receive a dub while other shows don't. Maybe it's because you really only need three voice actors?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:15 pm Reply with quote
6 if you include the narrators and the unused character
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:17 pm Reply with quote
1.) Never saw this

2.) Is some convention goin on right now? Or is Valentines day just License announcement day for everyone today? (maybe Funimation would like to jump on the wagon lol)

3.) Since they just announced one, does that mean we're gonna here 5 other licenses from Sentai today? Anime hyper
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:20 pm Reply with quote
katsucon starts tomorrow, and funi has an Industry panel as well
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:37 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

I stand corrected. Well, that'll outrage some... that this gets deemed economically viable enough to receive a dub while other shows don't. Maybe it's because you really only need three voice actors?

The show was probably fairly inexpensive, and will likely be picked up in other English language markets. They dont generally dub shows that are North America only. Not to mention, it's a TBS show and they always seem to work well with Sentai.

Otaku USA had already spoiled the surprise, but a lot of us figured Sentai would license this sooner or later. They have the majority of the TBS catalog anyway.
Reibooi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

One has to keep in mind there may be more to this show getting a dub then it just being economically viable from Sentai point a view. We know that there are other parties helping to pay for a good amount of the Sentai dubs we have gotten and I would imagine this is one of those cases. If sentai is asked to do a dub and doesn't have to shoulder the majority of the cost to produce it they will do it as small sales or not a dub will produce a slightly large number.

There are certainly shows I would love to see dubbed from Sentai(Waiting in the Summer is one and Hell Girl 2 and 3 as well but they would likely be forced to recast that.) But I'm not gonna blame sentai for not doing them. As long as they are not killing themselves with the amount of stuff they are getting I'm content with what they put out.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:53 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
I loved it... but I sure hope they got this cheap.

going by all 600-1000 copies it sold per volume in japan I'm sure they got it for a reasonable price.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
This obviously needs a Ghost Stories-type dub. Stephen Foster, make it so!

Interesting pickup for Sentai though(then again, they'll license almost anything. Would love a Sentai license of Nanoha StrikerS done sub-only)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5