• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Adds A Centaur's Life, Love in Hell, Monster Musume Manga

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donpablo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! I absolutely loved "A centaurs life"! So great to see it being brought over.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:16 pm Reply with quote
I heard A Centaur's Life is dangerously HNNNNNGGG inducing and has yuri side couples which pretty much puts this on my watch. Laughing
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:18 pm Reply with quote
im sure 4chan will be thrilled lol
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Ok, what is up with manga and centaurs? There's that businessman centaur manga over on JManga, I'm just really confused why this a popular topic right now.

That said, I totally plan to check it out!
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:38 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Ok, what is up with manga and centaurs? There's that businessman centaur manga over on JManga, I'm just really confused why this a popular topic right now.

Monster guys/girls are the hot thing now. I don't really know how anyone will feel about boinking a half snake/girl, but Monster Musume makes you wonder.. WHY NOT???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:

Monster guys/girls are the hot thing now. I don't really know how anyone will feel about boinking a half snake/girl, but Monster Musume makes you wonder.. WHY NOT???

Its quite a nice series though its very..shallow. They're basically just cramming a dudes house full of monster girls who're all lusting after him and they just keep producing more girls. The dude must live in some kind of mansion. Still the artwork is nice and it adds a fun element to the boring old harem slog.

Im mostly interested in love in hell as I've not read any of that yet but it sounds quite cool.

the centaur nichijou one has some very cure artwork, I've read a bit of it and it didn't send me running a mile but it wont be a priority buy for me (i still got a bunch of seven seas stuff to get anyway like railgun and more toradora)
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Damn, that was quick on Monster Musume. I hope an anime gets made of that.

The concept started as a few single page comics of a dude living with various monster girls. I think they were supposed to all be twin brothers, but the idea is focused on the monster girl niche. I know the ANNstaff won't understand it if they ever need to review it, it's very fetishistic on purpose. For me it's a toss up between the lamia and the centaur, they're both great.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Amazing, more manga that I thought would never be seen in print here in N.A. Must say I'm happy.

Mark Gosdin
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Centaur no Nayami is amazing.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote
As a sucker for anything with supernatural elements... i'll probably check these out.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:38 pm Reply with quote
*throws money on the computer screen*

TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Nice to see those 3 coming over to the states-sides. Now, I may have to stop reading those "scan-lated" manga online in favor for the physical releases. Smile
Melanchthon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
I don't really know how anyone will feel about boinking a half snake/girl, but Monster Musume makes you wonder.. WHY NOT???

Dude, people have been writing about boinking half snake girls for centuries.

I quite literally (relatively speaking) just downloaded a raw copy of Monster Musume, because it looked interesting. But thanks to Seven Seas, I now don't have to bother with trying to translate it myself. First release date Halloween? It's in my budget spreadsheet now, and I'll be looking forward to it.

Never heard of A Centaur's Life, and I'm on the fence with it. I'll probably wait to see the reviews of it before committing.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Sweet all 3 are reallly good and I can wait got A Centaur's Life and Monster Musume
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, Centaur No Nayami has been licensed?! I love this series, will definitely buy. Thank you, Seven Seas.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Managing Editor of Seven Seas Entertainment Adam Arnold said of the releases that “there's growing interest in new stories about exotic supernatural creatures that we don't typically see,” and all three series are comedies that feature mythical beings such as lamias, succubi, harpies, and centaurs.

I believe he's skipped the critical ingredient of anthropomorphic bishoujo Very Happy
Kinda like how vampire stories wouldn't be popular if the vampires were fugly bloodsuckers instead of pretty boys
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3