• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bandai Entertainment discontinued anime releases update

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:48 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Guren Alchemist4 wrote:
I don't recall ever hearing about HONNEAMISE. Do they officially own the rights to release Unicorn cause they still list Bandai as the official licensee?

Honneamise is label under Bandai Visual. I don't own any of the domestic discs but I believe all of the production takes place in Japan.

I've thought about buying a second set but I'm so tight on funds right now. I'll barely be able to afford my pre-orders as is. I hope everyone that wants one gets one before they are gone.

Hopefully, Right Stuf includes that label during their next Bandai sale. I've watched the first two OVA's, so I'll be looking to pick these up before they go out of print. Still, I wonder if another anime company will pick up the rights to distribute these in the future..sort of like Hellsing Ultimate.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Gundam UC vol 5 now has the counter removed, but its status has changed to "We'll get it for you." All other volumes still have the counter.
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:36 pm Reply with quote
I can't remember exactly, but doesnt Bandai USA still technically exist in the US? In like a digital fashion? Couldnt remember and thought someone might know.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:04 am Reply with quote
They're out of the distribution game altogether - they're just a middleman for R1 licensing now.
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Well, the forth Vol. of Gundam Unicorn is officially sold out at Right Stuf. Luckily, I placed an order earlier this week since I knew they would sell like hot cakes when the counter hit the teens. Laughing

Gundam, Mobile Suit UC (Unicorn) Blu-ray 4 (Hyb)

Edit: It's back in stock. 11 copies left.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Latest counter update (with re-stock on Vol.4 & 5 is back to the Closeout Items section)...

Last edited by WTK on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Looks like its now or never...time to order meeself a domestic set of GU discs.
RoverTX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:29 pm Reply with quote
How are they going to handle UC 6 and 7? Will we have to import from Japan like Code Geass Akito?
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:46 pm Reply with quote
@RoverTX

Vol 6 is being released the same way. It's coming out on March 22nd and will be available on rightstuf (and amazon maybe?):
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/HRWQEd0O4pnz4TmvuF/browse/item/97373/4/0/0
RoverTX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:39 am Reply with quote
After I posted that I went back and checked my rightstuf account and realized I had preordered it... stupid me. I hope they are still planning on vol 7 though. That would make me cry for years if they didn't put it out stateside, or at least a JP version with 英語(english) subs...

I still don't get why they don't do something similar with Code Geass Akito as they did with UC, just without the dub. They could even ship the Japanese packaging and just have rightstuf be the middle man. All profit no risk for them... instead I find myself navigating amazon.jp...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 15 of 15