• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Which manga series would you really like to see as an anime?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote
rheiders wrote:
I would really like to see an anime for 20th Century Boys. Not movies, but an anime series. Monster got a really great anime adaptation, and I think this series is, if anything, even more conducive to an anime format. It's more visual and happens on more of a grand, climactic scale, if that makes sense.

I'd definitely want to see that, too. I think it's very visual indeed and the story happens on a much bigger scale than Monster. I just love this manga, such a page turner. And they even have a giant robot. Cool
Kelly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:56 pm Reply with quote
I would love to see Petshop of Horrors get a decent full anime treatment, complete with Chris, T-Chan and Ten-Chan. Love the manga, but I haven't seen the four episodes we've already got because from what I've read the collection isn't very good and the animated version didn't get even close to the points where some of my favorite characters started being introduced.
gsilver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:53 am Reply with quote
I've always felt that Eden: It's an Endless World would be a great fit for anime. The action scenes in particular are just begging for an animated treatment.

lossthief wrote:
This one is mostly just out of personal love for the series, but I'd absolutely love to see Angel Densetsu animated. I have no idea if the art style would lend itself at ALL to an anime, or if the writing would work very well with the medium (lots of stuff that happens is just characters standing having long, verbose monologues inside their own heads) but it would allow me to show it to more friends, and that's enough for me.

There was a 45 minute OVA of this. It was pretty funny, though I'd only recommend it to fans of the manga.
trilaan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Three that I would love to see: Yasuhiro Kano's Pretty Face, Kotaro Mori's Stray Little Devil, Tsukasa Hojo's Family Compo.

Pretty face would be a fun, somewhat lowbrow gender bender comedy anime of 13-20 episodes. Great fun to be had with a guy with the face of his love interest who thinks he's dead and mistakes him for her twin(stuff we learn very quickly).

Stray Little Devil would make another fun 13-ep series about a girl who's yanked into the spirit world and becomes a devil.

Family Compo would make a good romantic counterpoint to Pretty Face and it would be great to see Hojo's other characters besides City Hunter get some good air time.
naninanino

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:36 am Reply with quote
I want to see Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa with the narrator from Kaiji. It was like the only manga that almost made me hurt from laughter, although it definitely has a rather serious side too.
Speedy_J

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:50 am Reply with quote
Triage X. Get the same crew who worked on Highschool Of The Dead and it would be great.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:16 am Reply with quote
I know the author and creator of this Manga said that it'll probably never be an anime, but I wanna see Yotsuba&! get an anime, it was my very first manga and it lead me to one of the first actual animes I've ever seen (Does the Keroppi Christmas special count?) And its so cute and enjoying in the manga alone that I wanna see it get animated!
TwilightZone817

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:34 am Reply with quote
cydarius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:18 am Reply with quote
I thought a few in my mind:
-Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
-Minamoto kun Monogatari
-Kitsune no Akuma to Kuroi Madousho
Key

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:42 am Reply with quote
cydarius, what you're doing constitutes listing. Annotating your choices is expected.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cydarius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:49 pm Reply with quote
...Very well, just giving out some thoughts of mine(I'm not much of a blogger, but new here).

Guess I'll choose one of em eh the one I like to see as an anime...

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou, it does have unique story goes of what if there's really beast humanoid beings(such as Lamia, Centaur, Neko, Mermaids, etc) from other world. By having the beast creatures intergrate into human world, they have cultural exhange program. As I read the story, it's like Rosario and Vampire combine with To Love-ru.spoiler[ As the story progress, more hottest female beasts are piling up by living at the main character's home(which he doesn't volunteer for the program from the very start) and so as law slowly made some changes(such as illegal of interbreeding between races except marriages).] It's same ecchi level as To-Love ru series, but find it fun and enjoyable.
killjoy0309

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:34 pm Reply with quote
MxO should be made into an anime, I'd like to see it like that and see if it becomes more popular as an anime instead of a manga series
Sootoo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Why is this thread only about series? It's really strange to see how people always count out things when it comes to anime/manga. Many people seem to think that manga is somehow the same as anime, or many others also think that every anime has to be called a 'show' although it's actually a movie.

Well anyway, I have a lot of titles which I'd love to see as an anime, but sadly, I mostly only read one-shots, so I guess I'm disqualified for this thread.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Or you could try discussion some one-shots? That would seem the more reasonable route to go. Of course, reasonable and the internet do not often go hand-in-hand Razz

I think in general people read more series than one-shots, which would explain why they are getting overlooked here. But I've read a few that I really enjoyed. Solanin would make a good movie or short series, though I think that is a title that might work better as live action than anime.

Clover would also work though I'm not sure how likely that is because I think there is a rights issue there which is one of the reasons CLAMP has never finished it. Of course, there is the 7 minute special so maybe it could be done.
Sootoo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:02 am Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
Or you could try discussion some one-shots? That would seem the more reasonable route to go.

I actually don't like such thinly revealed recommendation threads anyway, so I'm totally comfortable with my decision. Just wanted to let the people know, that not every manga has to be a series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5