• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Neon Genesis Evangelion 10th Anniversary Box Set

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:19 pm Reply with quote
You've gotta be friggin kidding me. ANOTHER box set? How many times do we need to buy this series? The Platinum Edition DVDs are barely even a year old. I love Eva, but I think there's plenty of content already. I mean what do we have, the VHS, the DVDs, the DVD box set, the director's cut DVDs, and now the Platinum DVDs. I wonder who made the decision to repackage this series once again. It's a great series, but really even something like Eva can only be re-released so many times.
Takeponsama

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Here's the secret: Eva's a cash cow that you can milk over and over, and dumb little Eva fans will pay for every bit of content, despite owning everything already.

Here's to five more "Ultimate Eva Collections"!!
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:31 pm Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:
You've gotta be friggin kidding me. ANOTHER box set? How many times do we need to buy this series? The Platinum Edition DVDs are barely even a year old. I love Eva, but I think there's plenty of content already. I mean what do we have, the VHS, the DVDs, the DVD box set, the director's cut DVDs, and now the Platinum DVDs. I wonder who made the decision to repackage this series once again. It's a great series, but really even something like Eva can only be re-released so many times.

And I guarantee it will sell like hotckaes.

If it were a bit cheaper, heck, I'd get it too. I don't doubt once the price drops a bit I'll own it, along with my other DVDs.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:34 pm Reply with quote
JoshuaStChristopher wrote:
And I guarantee it will sell like hotckaes.

If it were a bit cheaper, heck, I'd get it too. I don't doubt once the price drops a bit I'll own it, along with my other DVDs.

Get on the money Train, HONK HONK!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
icepick314

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:34 pm Reply with quote
if the retail is about $250, most online stores probably can sell at around $175....

if the extras are worth spending, then I would get it....from collector's point of view....and probably sell the platinum box to someone else....but i love the artwork on the platinum box....i may just keep the sucker.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Hahahaha!! I wanted to say that. Yes another boxset. Why didn't they just wait until it was their 25th anniversary. Razz I doubt we'll get it.
TiredGamer

This just in: George Lucas revealed to be secret controlling interest of ADV Films. You heard it here first!
Area88

I have my $250 ready!

Now who do i give it to?
Ongaku_no_tenshi

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:05 pm Reply with quote
There is no way in hell I'm buying this new box set. There is no reason I would ever buy the Eva series. I personally think this anime is not that good in the first place to warrant this many re-releases. It's an average series at best in my opinion. MY god, give it a rest ADV. A series that truely deserves a re-release (and is beeing re-released now) is Martian Successor Nadesico. They made a great decision there.

Last edited by Ongaku_no_tenshi on Wed May 17, 2006 4:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
RezSav

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:06 pm Reply with quote
$250?!?! I could buy the Nintendo Wii for that much! Although, I have to admit that the jacket is pretty cool, but it's pretty much the only collectible that seems worth it when you think about it.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm sooooo glad that I didn't buy Eva Platinum yet! Laughing
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Let's not forget, Blu Ray and HD DVD is right around the bend. Here's to atleast two more box sets after this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Lainofthenet

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:24 pm Reply with quote
So someone double dips more than Paramount. I've heard this set includes an ending as an extra. I hope the next one has a hammer in it to hit myself with.

V me
Grico

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Ah, isn't that a pretty bad price though. Platinum collection for 89.99 or this edition for 249.99? I can't think of any extras possibly worth an additional 160 bucks to me...
Ongaku_no_tenshi

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Grico wrote:
Ah, isn't that a pretty bad price though. Platinum collection for 89.99 or this edition for 249.99? I can't think of any extras possibly worth an additional 160 bucks to me...

My sentiments exactly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7