• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Section23 Films Announces June Slate [2013-02-21]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:10 pm Reply with quote
I liked Dusk Maiden of Amnesia spoiler[but the ending was poor in my opinion]. The fact that it is a great looking show and available on BD might make me consider getting it. I am disappointed that Tari Tari is not on BD. Too bad, but I am still buying it on DVD.

Last edited by Angel M Cazares on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
stove top stuffing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Mysterious Girlfriend X in June? HELL YEAH!!!! I can't express how much I can't wait for this release!!!

I am super happy about the blu ray, but I am torn on there being a dub. I am really curious about the English cast but no matter who they get I will probably listen to the Japanese track first because I love Ayako Yoshitani as Urabe.

Also at 325 minutes it looks like they were able to secure the OVA that came with the volume 9 manga release.

Now we just need To love Ru Darkness.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:02 pm Reply with quote
stove top stuffing wrote:

Also at 325 minutes it looks like they were able to secure the OVA that came with the volume 9 manga release.

The original broadcast was 13 episodes long (325 minutes).
stove top stuffing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:23 pm Reply with quote
[quote="angelmcazares"]

You are right. I screwed up the math on that. It's okay, i have the OVA dvd so I will live.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:28 am Reply with quote
I'll be picking up Tari Tari. Really enjoyed that show... and I somehow completely missed (or forgot) that Sentai licensed it. So that was quite a nice surprise.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:24 am Reply with quote
Mysterious Girlfriend X in June? HELL YEAH!!!! I can't express how much I can't wait for this release!!!

I'm happy to see that ADV'll be releasing MGX on BD. I liked it enough that I imported the series, but I'll double-dip if neither ADV nor the Japanese screw up the video (as seems to be occurring more often) and I can find it at a good discount.

I wasn't planning to buy Dusk Maiden, but with it getting both commentaries and soundtracks with the series, I'll definitely be buying the BDs if there are no production issues.

Tari Tari? Hmm... It was okay, but I didn't like that one enough to import. I'd at least consider buying it if ADV were to put it out on Blu-ray, but there's no chance that I'll bother with a DVD release.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:15 am Reply with quote
Tari Tari on DVD is great news.
now I don't have to buy it since my wallet is already hurting from all that damage from Aniplex.

MYSTERIOUS GIRLFRIEND X; I'm not sure about.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote
Dusk Maiden is my top pick from that list. Given the visuals that it uses, it should look awesome on DVD, and I'm a bit curious to see how the dubbing is handled
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Guess Kill Me Baby really is going without a Blu-Ray after all. I forget, is that a first for Sentai, to release a dub on DVD, but not on Blu-Ray?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:41 pm Reply with quote
MadMan400096 wrote:
Guess Kill Me Baby really is going without a Blu-Ray after all. I forget, is that a first for Sentai, to release a dub on DVD, but not on Blu-Ray?

No, they have released dubbed DVD's before. The Book of Bantorra and Hakuoki were released that way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1