• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Durarara!! DVDs have hit the Closeout Items section @ TRSI. Only Part 1 has counter right now.
murph76

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:27 pm Reply with quote
My replacement for Garden of Sinners disc 1 arrived today. Very Happy
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:24 am Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
WTK wrote:
Guren Alchemist4 wrote:
What is up with Oreimo though? Are they treating that as an import? cause it sure feels like it at that price point.

It's a direct import from Japan. Pricing wise, you are better off ordering the set directly from the likes of Amazon Japan and HMV.

I wonder if JP retailers are going to update their listings to reflect that the boxset does have English subtitles on them or not. Or it could be a pleasant surprise for people who actually import the JP version from Japan.

if Yen continues to drop, people will starting to import more like the old days.
The current exchange rate is $1 = 94 yens.
Last year this time, $1 = 78 yens.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:06 pm Reply with quote
perhaps because the Yen was so strong reverse importation was a serious threat to japan over the past two years

I hope nisemonogatari ships out this week
though I probably will not open it
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:45 pm Reply with quote
http://aniplexusa.com/mikunopolis

Mikunopolis in Los Angeles LE Blu-ray & CD Combo Set. April 16th. MSRP: $74.98. Sales Price: $59.98.

Pre-order begins 2/25/2013 (http://www.rightstuf.com/i/aoa2801).
Quote:
Product Details
■ Hatsune Miku’s live concert in Los Angeles on Blu-ray and CD!
■ Deluxe digipak and PET sleeve case
■ Double-sided poster

Bonus Materials
■ Making of Mikunopolis
■ Opening Act: Dancealoid performance

Blu-ray Specs
Languages: Japanese
Video: 16:9 1080p/MPEG-4 AVC
Audio: Linear PCM (2ch), Dolby TrueHD (5.1ch)
Subtitles: English (Song lyrics translation &
roma-ji) ※ Keeping creators' intentions in minde, MEDLEY (Tracks 08-11) doesn't contain subtitles.
Total Run Time: approx. 98 min.
Region: --
Rating: --
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:44 pm Reply with quote
here is what the back of the box looks like
the flier on the back was ugly so i had to open and remove it

back of CD jackets

ssandulak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:01 am Reply with quote
I may have missed it, but does the Nisemonogatari set come with the character commentaries like Bakemonogatari did?
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:49 am Reply with quote
ssandulak wrote:
I may have missed it, but does the Nisemonogatari set come with the character commentaries like Bakemonogatari did?
No. AoA was not able to secure the rights to the commentaries this time. It could be anything from costs of the commentaries to a seiyuu's label not letting AoA have the rights/making it incredibly difficult for the release to be successful.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:15 pm Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
ssandulak wrote:
No. AoA was not able to secure the rights to the commentaries this time. It could be anything from costs of the commentaries to a seiyuu's label not letting AoA have the rights/making it incredibly difficult for the release to be successful.

That's a real shame. Now I'll have to really think about this purchase.

And is it just me or do Karen's eyes look really weird on the art box?
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:36 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
ultimatemegax wrote:
ssandulak wrote:

You know, I understand wanting to have extra's, but it clouds you buying the actual series? I would think the actual show itself would be the main course that would have you consider buying it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:11 am Reply with quote
If you think that's bad, I'll never forget the poster who said he/she wouldn't buy Wagnaria!! because NISA had changed it to that title from Working!!.
ssandulak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:29 am Reply with quote
Yeah that was a weird change for them to do...but not buying a series you like cause of that? Seems odd (The Working!! thing). The commentaries I was curious on because I'd heard good things about the Bakemonogatari ones.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:39 am Reply with quote
Nocturne123 wrote:
You know, I understand wanting to have extra's, but it clouds you buying the actual series? I would think the actual show itself would be the main course that would have you consider buying it.

It does. This is a bit of a deal breaker for me. But in the end they'll likely get my money one way or the other as I may now consider getting the Japanese release (used, mind you) instead so that the commentaries will be included, though that North American price is still very enticing.

For the record, and I've said it many times already, but I am a seiyuu fan. My priorities may be different from those who do not share the same interests. I have many [Japanese] BDs/DVDs that I've bought solely for the extras.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:17 am Reply with quote
I'm of the mind that when you're watching something streaming, then only the quality of the show matters. However, when it comes to the point where you're deciding if you want to drop actual, hard-earned money to physically display on your shelf, then the quality of the product gets a slight edge. You (or at least I) can't buy everything you like, and so quality of release is the deciding factor. I still buy shows I love with awful packaging (way, way down the road and probably used), and I don't buy just any "pretty things", but I've struck just the right balance.

I think this is the difference between hardcore collectors who swell with pride about their lavish shelves and people who just buy stuff or do it simply to show support.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crazydom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Nocturne123 wrote:
GokuMew2 wrote:
ultimatemegax wrote:
ssandulak wrote:

The prices Aniplex is charging for this stuff isn't cheap. The character commentaries are the main reason I splurged immediately on Bakemonogatari and they lived up the hype. Full character commentary for the entire episode of every episode is great stuff; particularly considering I love seeing the Monogatari characters get meta.

The lack of character commentaries are the main reason why I didn't pre-order Nise and am still on the fence about getting it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 71 of 108