• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, February 24-March 2

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rigamortis-chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing Mike Toole is sitting by his door, ala Scott Pilgrim, waiting for his Mad Bull 34 DVD
Cativo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Just how bad is Mad Bull 34? as bad as in MD Geist or garzey's wing? I've seen both...Also, what exactly do you get in the Oreimo BD boxset?!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:05 pm Reply with quote
lol $330 for Oreimo. I could buy a new console or a phone for that...
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Cativo wrote:
Just how bad is Mad Bull 34? as bad as in MD Geist or garzey's wing? I've seen both...Also, what exactly do you get in the Oreimo BD boxset?!
seeing mad bull 34 is an early 90's anime I'm guessing it's in the neighborhood of MD Geist, as for Oreimo I'm guessing not that much extra with the anime looking at that price
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Cativo wrote:

Mad Bull 34 is a very special anime. Try reading this Buried Treasures column about it. If that doesn't satisfy, try this condensed version.

All you really need to understand is that Sleepy Estes has hand grenades tried to his pubic hair and that she'll thaw out if you stick your finger up her ass. (Not safe for work, unless your job is being awesome)

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Any comparisons of how the new DVD looks? Any upgrade in quality or are they still the 20 year old VHS masters?
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:20 pm Reply with quote
I can't freakin' wait to get my copy of Mad Bull 34 either! I never thought I'd be so excited to be getting an anime known to be so terrible in the mail, and yet, here I am. Clearly Discotek picks their garbage with more care than the early 90s anime market did. I can respect that (in addition to releasing Lupin and Fist of the North Star and a dozen other things).
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping Discotek can break into older anime on BD with something like Riding Bean. That is so their style, and it's been out long enough in Japan.
Cativo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies everyone, I will check the article and vid later...
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I'm hoping Discotek can break into older anime on BD with something like Riding Bean. That is so their style, and it's been out long enough in Japan.

I watched Riding Bean on Hulu this past weekend, I thought it was pretty good.
rookie_one
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:55 am Reply with quote
TRIAGE X! Nice to have something to read while waiting for new HSOD and the second color omnibus.
Sky_Renzokuken

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Cativo wrote:

Seriously that is unreal what is Aniplex thinking? I do remember the original DVD LE release went up to $500 on amazon though Confused
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Sky_Renzokuken wrote:
Cativo wrote:

Seriously that is unreal what is Aniplex thinking? I do remember the original DVD LE release went up to $500 on amazon though Confused

If they sell 100 copies, they've made a ton of money. I'm sure a couple hundred completely pays for itself without issue
Sky_Renzokuken

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:16 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Sky_Renzokuken wrote:
Cativo wrote:

If they sell 100 copies, they've made a ton of money. I'm sure a couple hundred completely pays for itself without issue

very true. If they lowered the price I'm positive they could sell thousands of copies though. The original dvd release sold over 100,000
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Sky_Renzokuken wrote:
Seriously that is unreal what is Aniplex thinking?
It's an import(AoA is simply acting as a middleman); the price is fairly typical of Japanese anime releases.
scineram

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:22 am Reply with quote
Sky_Renzokuken wrote:
The original dvd release sold over 100,000

Yeah, no.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2