• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation June 2013 Solicitations

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:16 pm Reply with quote
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Ah, very nice, I knew if I just held out, Birdy would probably hit SAVE sometime this year! Finally! Also eyeing Phantom looks good too!
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Awwwww, man. If Birdy the Mighty: Decode is getting a save edition, that pretty well certifies that it didn't sell especially well. That sucks, because it's a great show that deserved to be a success.

Oh well, I guess that the west follows Japan, where it tanked, sometimes.

I just don't understand people.

Well, at the very least, anybody who hasn't bought it yet, by all means exploit this opportunity! You won't regret it.

Appleseed XIII. *sigh*

classicalzawa wrote:
Finally! Also eyeing Phantom looks good too!

Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ is a slightly tricky show to love. It's a Kōichi Mashimo joint, albeit it one with a male rather than mostly or exclusively female, leads. It has some lovely cinematography, but can be very slow and is sometimes questionable, especially in the weird final arc. It has a great English dub; Colleen Clinkenbeard makes Claudia McCunnen one of the sexiest characters ever with her voice. I wrote a little about it in fall of 2011.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Not much for me here. I kind of wanted to get Phantom on Bluray, but I'd rather not have the fugly SAVE edition.
wormraper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote
woohoo!! so in for Birdy. a goot funi S.A.V.E. sale will get this around $15. I knew If I held out long enough we'd get a good price on it
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Not much for me here. I kind of wanted to get Phantom on Bluray, but I'd rather not have the fugly SAVE edition.

You do know you can flip the insert over to the clean artwork, right? It's because of this I actually prefer S.A.V.E. packaging to Anime Classics packaging, because once you flip the S.A.V.E. cover you have the name of the show featuring the actual font on the spine, whereas with A.C. the title is always in boring old Times New Roman.

Anyways, the disturbing tradition of FUNi only putting out a single new release alongside a butt-load of re-releases sadly continues. I don't know whether I should start getting worried or not.

Also, no announcement of Toriko volume 5. It's starting to look as if they're only planning to release the first 50 episodes after all. Crying or Very sad
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
Awwwww, man. If Birdy the Mighty: Decode is getting a save edition, that pretty well certifies that it didn't sell especially well. That sucks, because it's a great show that deserved to be a success.

I couldn't say as I couldn't make it past the first two episodes ... it has missed premises on every front. Oh, a body meld gimmick combined with "failure is the only option" seperation premise and perfect maskerade plot armor so it seemed the only place it could go is five minutes after the plot began.

Phanyom: Requim for the Phantom - I made it through four episodes of that one. Leave it to Bee Train to get bored by the sole prospect of a heterosexual relationship. Or maybe it was Zwei and Drei who were boring.

Crome Shelled Regios. I liked this one but it's completely uninspired though it's funny that Girls und Panzer takes the same "battling mobile schools for survival" premise and makes it entertaining and completely inconsequential to its own plot.
wormraper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:01 pm Reply with quote
hell, due to the cheap prices of S.A.V.E. release I may pick up Phantom and Chrome Shelled as well.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:04 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Also, no announcement of Toriko volume 5. It's starting to look as if they're only planning to release the first 50 episodes after all. Crying or Very sad

FUNimation.com lists 75 episodes. Kazé France will be releasing the series (so far) in 4 DVD sets. Their first set is 19 episodes, so with 4 sets it will be around 75 episodes.

So I think FUNi has 75 episodes for home video. And also the 4th volume is solicited for May (3rd was in March), so July could be a possible landing target for the 5th volume.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:54 pm Reply with quote
^ Man, I hope they don't stop at 75 episodes. That would put us right at the start of a story arc and leave us with a bad cliffhanger. It'd probably be better just to stop at 50 in that case.

On the plus side, however, we WOULD get to hear English-dubbed Zebra. Very Happy
Raikuro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:10 am Reply with quote
Only really liked the second half of Birdy, so this is just cheap enough to justify the purchase. I doubt I'll ever re-watch much of the first half, but would still want to own it for completeness.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:33 pm Reply with quote
TRSI has posted the June schedule. No changes from what posted in the first post before.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:33 pm Reply with quote
$25 for Phantom SAVE DVD? Strange price, for a while, they simply made the Blu-Ray $35, though the strategy of making the Blu-ray $30 and the DVD $5 less still sits well with me.
wormraper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:00 am Reply with quote
is phantom going to be a combo pack like the initial release?
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:10 am Reply with quote
wormraper wrote:
is phantom going to be a combo pack like the initial release?

It's been so long since you raped a worm.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2