• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tees, Totes from ADV

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steev-sama

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Wow, the people at ADV have no imagination.. It looks like they just took the images off of their DVD covers and pasted them onto white t-shirts..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
LordRobin

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:37 pm Reply with quote
steev-sama wrote:
Wow, the people at ADV have no imagination.. It looks like they just took the images off of their DVD covers and pasted them onto white t-shirts..

Well, this is one of those cookie cutter T-shirt shops. You or I could start one using the same service. All you need is a bunch of artwork you own the rights to and they do the rest.

------RM
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Yeah as an Daioh fan, I'm happy. All they offered before was ONE T-Shirt with just the girls and logo. While these shirts lack imagination, they at least offer a little more variety to us fans.

I'd totally go for a Maya shirt.
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:10 pm Reply with quote
I loose more paychecks this way Very Happy

I'm glad they offer some baseball T's and hoodies, you don't see those too often for anime apparel.. The bags are nice too.
Takeponsama

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:49 am Reply with quote
LordRobin wrote:
Well, this is one of those cookie cutter T-shirt shops. You or I could start one using the same service. All you need is a bunch of artwork you own the rights to and they do the rest.

Not so. You can get away with making a few shirts before they catch you for using copyrighted material without permission.

Cafepress, here I come!
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Takeponsama wrote:
LordRobin wrote:

Not so. You can get away with making a few shirts before they catch you for using copyrighted material without permission.

Cafepress, here I come!

Note that he said "own the rights to".

Anyway...I'm both happy and disappointed. I collect shirts with anime and cartoon characters on them (by 'collect', I more mean 'I like to wear them a lot'), so I'm glad that a few of ADV's animes are getting t-shirts (particularly since I adore Azumanga). But....

The shirts are...SO plain. I mean, when I can go to Hot Topic and get some really awesome tops for a buck or two cheaper....it just kinda feels like a rip-off. I mean, even just the anime's logo underneath the main image would make a difference, so it doesn't look like you're walking around with some random anime girl on your shirt...

I'll probably eventually at least get an Azumanga top, but I'd rather they were $15 or so.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ingraman

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:22 pm Reply with quote
steev-sama wrote:

Yeah, the selection is underwhelming. I scanned through the offerings for a couple of series, and was disappointed by the lack of non-white shirts. I might consider something on grey (preferably) or black (good, but too hot in the summer), but definitely no white shirts for me...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1