• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[JP/HK/TW/KR] DVD/Blu-ray Release List with [EngSub] and/or [EngDub]

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:36 pm Reply with quote
I hope this is the right thread to ask this question. I would love to own the second half of D.Gray-Man which was never dubbed in English. I wonder if there might be any non-bootleg version of a DVD set or individual DVDs out there containing either English or Spanish subtitles? So far, I've only found things that looked very much bootleg-ish to the untrained eye. Might anyone be able to put me in the right direction, if there is one? Thank you.
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:14 pm Reply with quote
As far as I know the second half of D.Gray-man only has been released in Taiwan (on 13 DVD singles in super jewel cases). I don't believe it was been released elsewhere outside of Japan. So no English or Spanish subs.
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:10 am Reply with quote
I was afraid of that. Thanks anyway for taking the time to reply, WTK.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:54 am Reply with quote
[JP] Kotonoha no Niwa (The Garden of Words) [EngSub]

Amazon Japan listings: Blu-ray / DVD

June 21st | EngSub confirmed (http://kotonohanoniwa.jp/page/item.html) along with Japanese and Chinese subs (Traditional or Simplified not specified).
  • Blu-ray: 6090yen
    • Sountrack CD, 16pg booklet
    • Planned ~90 minutes worth of bonus features (Makoto Shinkai & cast interview - long version, storyboards, Makoto Shinkai filmography, theatrical trailer)

• DVD: 3360yen
    • 16pg booklet
    • Panned ~30 minutes worth of bonus features (Makoto Shinkai & cast interview - short version, Makoto Shinkai filmography, theatrical trailer)

(source)

Last edited by WTK on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Im very tempted to order it but at the same time, all of his movies have shown up here so I think it's safe to bet it will be released overseas.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:00 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
That Gurren Lagann set looks amazing but the price tag is crazyyyy Sad .

That price tag definitely pierces the heavens. Razz
larinon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:05 pm Reply with quote
re: WTK or anyone else who knows:

Rahxephon is listed on the google docs file as having both english dub and sub included, but when I look at the item on Amazon.jp and CDJapan neither one relates this info. Actually both are devoid of language and subtitle info, YesAsia is kind of vague as well. Is there any confirmation that the Rahxephon blu-ray box includes the english versions? Certainly this would affect whether I purchase it or not.

Also I just noticed the Library War movie on the list, definitely picking that one up, too. Thanks for keeping us updated on new ways to drain my bank account as always Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:22 pm Reply with quote
larinon wrote:
Rahxephon is listed on the google docs file as having both english dub and sub included, but when I look at the item on Amazon.jp and CDJapan neither one relates this info. Actually both are devoid of language and subtitle info, YesAsia is kind of vague as well. Is there any confirmation that the Rahxephon blu-ray box includes the english versions? Certainly this would affect whether I purchase it or not.

It's included (for TV & movie; no on OVA). I have gotten confirmation via Media Factory ([email protected]) some many years ago. If you want additional assurance, you can certainly email Media Factory (can be in English).
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:02 pm Reply with quote
I can check in a day or two for you. I actually bought the Rahxephon blu ray set a few months ago
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
jmfsilenthill wrote:
That Gurren Lagann set looks amazing but the price tag is crazyyyy Sad .

That price tag definitely pierces the heavens. Razz

I wish that my copy would (could) ship right this minute!! The dollar is buff. There is a $115 difference in price from when I placed my June order (Macross Plus and Gurren Lagann) to now. I'm saving some mad import cash. That new OreImo box was $225 out the door. What's Aniplex of America asking for that bad boy on RightStuf, like $280? Yowza.
larinon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:21 am Reply with quote
Nocturne123 wrote:
I can check in a day or two for you. I actually bought the Rahxephon blu ray set a few months ago

That'd be awesome, I'd appreciate it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:08 am Reply with quote
larinon wrote:
Nocturne123 wrote:

That'd be awesome, I'd appreciate it.

Ok, so Ill give my impressions on Rahxephon and Ergo Proxy (my two favorite shows, though Ergo Proxy is number one).

So your question: Yes, Rahxephon does have english subtitles and also the english dub track. So either way you are set. Only thing I dont like (and I really dont like) is that it is not full screen video.

Now, the Ergo Proxy blu ray comes with Japanese audio and the English dub track, but I dont believe english subs. So if you want to watch it in Japanese you better know how to understand it. I like the dub better anyways, so Im good. Plus its full screen video AND it looks gorgeous.
Vracer111

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote
I'll second the Ergo Proxy Blu-Ray quality... waited years for it and jumped on the Japanese release/preorder. Excellent visual quality and the audio is good too (too bad not HD for the English Track, but still no worse than the Geneon DTS 5.1 on the US DVD release.) It's one of my most favorite series ever...

And correct on no English subs. Also, the packaging was the main reason I jumped on the Japanese Ergo Proxy Blu-Ray release... very nice box set!

I like Rahxephon as well, and it's nice that its Subbed and Dubbed - but I'm good with the US DVD release for now; the Japanese Blu-Ray is a little toooo expensive...
lunamaria87

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:47 am Reply with quote
This is Amazing! Thank you for all your hard work and info!
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:04 pm Reply with quote
[JP BD & DVD] 009 RE:CYBORG [EngSub]

http://www.ph9.jp/ | http://www.vap.co.jp/category/1363591046863/

Release date: May 22nd, 2013. EngSub included for the movie feature.

Amazon Japan listings: BD-Box / BD (Reg) / DVD (Reg)

• BD-Box (Deluxe Edition; 2D BD + 3D BD): 10290yen
  • BD (Reg): 6090yen
  • DVD (Reg): 5040yen

via CD Japan
- BD-Box
Quote:
Deluxe Blu-ray box from "Cyborg 009" theatrical anime directed by Kenji Kamiyama ("Ghost in the Shell S.A.C", "East of Eden") in 3D and "D. Features 120 minutes bonus footage for a total of 3 discs. Includes making of (interview of Kenji Kamiyama, composer Kenji Kawai etc.), press conference, CM, TV spot and much more. Comes also with 3 booklets ("setting off" 56 pages, making of "009 RE:Animation" 112 pages, second making of "009 Re:creation" 35 pages.)

Special Features: "009 RE:CYBORG special prologue," press conference, teasers, trailers, and more

- BD Reg
Quote:
Regular Blu-ray box from "Cyborg 009" theatrical anime directed by Kenji Kamiyama ("Ghost in the Shell S.A.C", "East of Eden") Includes 24 page booklet and digipak.

Special Features: "009 RE:CYBORG special prologue," press conference, teasers, trailers, and more

- DVD Reg
Quote:
Regular DVD box from "Cyborg 009" theatrical anime directed by Kenji Kamiyama ("Ghost in the Shell S.A.C", "East of Eden") Includes 24 page booklet and digipak.

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 42