• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your most anticipated purchase

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:11 am Reply with quote
Considering I've done some binging on Lupin III films over the past couple months, I am anticipating Discotek's releases of The Secret of Mamo and Green vs Red, the former of which I have on preorder. Whenever Green vs Red becomes available for preorder, I shall spring on that opportunity as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:12 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
And finally, the fact that it's thirteen 50 minute episodes fascinates me. I am dieing to know how a show with that kind of structure unfolds.

It works better for War on Genimar than Figure 17, a slice of life/alien combat anime which used the 45 minute format to have half slice of life, half alien fighting {no, really. You can almost see a dotted line connecting them}. Genimar's episodes are more like the 45 minute OVA episodes, with a complete story arc for each episode with loads of character development .. filler if you don't like that sort of thing.

And yes, this is also my most anticipated release of the first half of 2013 and I too plan on preordering both sets. I'm just not sure from which site yet.

Other things I'm looking forward to in earley 2013:

Haganai {Don't when that will be, but 2013 seems likely}
Lagrange: Flower of Rinne
Future Diary
..Some Sentai release TBD...

...there's got to be something.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:51 am Reply with quote
Really can't wait to get Rose of Versailles, ever since I saw the series in 2007 I wanted to own it.

Also looking forward to getting the 2nd Natsume Yuujinchou set and seeing what the final one will look like.

As for unsolicited stuff I expect Sentai will announce Tsuritama soon. If they don't use this cover I am going to be bitterly disappointed. Sentai tends to pick my least favorite covers so I am trying to not get my hopes up.

Also looking forward to Shin Sekai Yori even though I said I am going to stop buying multiple cour from Sentai (since their releases are so barebones) but for this I will make an exception, it's a long's way off.
lem

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:32 am Reply with quote
of all the stuff that I've ordered? my most anticipated for twenty thirteen?
Wait for Funi? I couldn't. So I ordered the Japanese language with Japanese subtitles blu-ray version

Beyond that, it's just a couple of books & movies, as well as a few tv shows. Some of them are older works. Others are fairly new and I've only seen a few episodes and or a preview of them. But all of them appeal to my craving for "fresh" and "just a little different than the rest of the stuff that is already out there" Like Mr. Kon's early comic work. I've wanted to get my grubby paws on an out of print Japanese version of Kaikisen for awhile now. Vertical really made my day with their announcement of this!

Satoshi Kon's manga for Kaikisen
The first volume of Vinland Saga the Hardcover

The pencil drawings and all of the other goodies for the Kickstarter project I contributed to. The Kick-Heart (movie)
Sentai's blu release of Colorful not the funny eye candy panty fest (which I also like), the movie. Very Happy

A show I've waited years to see and one I pre-ordered last December. Oscar in all of her glory from TRSI
The Rose of Versaille, Part 1, The Rose of Versaille, Part 2
More of Natsume from NISA. Natsume's Book of Friends DVD/Blu-ray Season 3 Set (S) Premium Edition
the Gurren Lagann set from Amzn JP that'll be released June 26th.
Kids on the Slope - even though I've seen most of it, and already have the cds...
And last but certainly not least Gundam Unicorn 6
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I was in the B&N today, and happened to see the hardcover edition of Avatar: The Promise and flipped through it! At first, I mistook it for an artbook, it's almost the same size as the Avatar: TLA artbook (I thought the Korra one came out early, lol, Amazon says The Promise is a hair shorter than the artbook). It also has commentary, things like "We had originally drawn this with a sunset sky until someone pointed out this scene takes place around noon" and there was lots of extra art in the back. Definitely glad I waited on getting the v1-3s, I can't believe how amazingly my laziness has paid off on this one! I still need to actually buy it, you understand, I merely flipped through it and got even more excited, as I was just expected the three volumes compiled into one with a bit of extra art. I should have been more suspicious that the MSRP was $40 though, I can see where it went now. I hope the comic shop has it tomorrow when they have hardcovers 40% off this weekend, I'm even more excited for it now! So just if anyone is wondering, having seen it in person, it made me quite excited as I wasn't expecting such an amazing looking final product! And The Search starts in April (I'll be renting it from the library in hopes of a future deluxe version of it too)

Also really looking forward to Digimon 02 because I'm such a Digimon slut. I also need to pre-order the Unico graphic novel. I actually have Atomcat on pre-order already because that comes out the same day as either Rose of Versailles set 1 or the Colorful movie so that TRSI can ship 'em without hold up on anything. No clue when Triton of the Sea is coming so I guess that'll wait for now. My Tezuka love won't allow me to not buy it. Actually, both Unico and Avatar are about $20 on Amazon, maybe I should zip over there real quick....
Wooga

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping that Medaka Box will come out soon, since the last dvd of the first season has been released in Japan... yes, I've already seen all of it, of course, but I'll still get it. Just wish funi had got it, since it's Shonen Jump, and maybe got an artbox....

Quote:
And The Search starts in April (I'll be renting it from the library in hopes of a future deluxe version of it too)

Aren't those books just about how Zuko was spoiler[adopted]?
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:47 am Reply with quote
Patlabor the OVA on BluRay AND the Vampire Princess Miyu TV series...
When did "Maiden Japan" become so genius? These recent rescues are a real step up from their initial releases (even if those were newer shows).
I'm very excited about each one. I never owned a copy of the Tokyopop VPM series.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Super Robot Wars OG Divine Wars.

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm very much looking forward to being able to own Lupin III ~The Woman Called Fujiko Mine~ on home video, hopeably Blu-ray. I liked the series a lot and I would really enjoy watching it with a good English dub and perhaps some cleaned-up animation. (The look was great, but it creaked a lot) I had been rooting for Colleen Clinkenbeard as the lead, but they seem to have summoned Michelle Ruff for the part instead. I'm actually very curious to hear that; I enjoyed the Geneon dub of the second Lupin III series, but the new series has a very different tone. I wonder how she'll adapt. (I presume that they didn't go to the expense of the rest of that cast, which is a shame as Richard Epcar would probably slide into the different tone beautifully, but probably for the best when it comes to Tony Oliver, whose performance I liked, but can't quite imagine being adapted to the new series)

I'm really excited to get a chance to have Michiko e Hatchin too. I seem to have a director crush on Sayo Yamamoto.

ailblentyn wrote:
Patlabor the OVA on BluRay AND the Vampire Princess Miyu TV series...
When did "Maiden Japan" become so genius? These recent rescues are a real step up from their initial releases (even if those were newer shows).
I'm very excited about each one. I never owned a copy of the Tokyopop VPM series.

I certainly never expected anything interesting to me to come out of Maiden Japan, but low and behold, there was Patlabor. I've been curious about that since I was in high school.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
I certainly never expected anything interesting to me to come out of Maiden Japan[...]
I want to say "likewise" except that, inspired by some misguided Black Jack completism, I actually bought Ray. Which was incredibly bad. Far worse that the ANN review described it as being, in my opinion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6