• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The Qwaser of Stigmata Sub.DVD 2

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echo_City

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:37 am Reply with quote
This show does fanservice wrong & is a tad too trashy, IMO, from what I've seen of it, but if it were dubbed it could be gold.

Being bombarded with fetishistic panty shots, anatomically impossible characters & the old anime standby of the inverse relationship between "bitchiness & bust size" could go from hellish to hilarious with a proper dub.

I guess it is not to be. I wonder what determines which of their many licensed "salacious" shows Sentai will dub? Why did Battle Girls, say, get a dub but this not? Perhaps I am mistaken, it's fairly likely in this matter, but I was under the impression that this title was more popular.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote
you know, I think it would be hilarious if Sentai sent this out to a hentai dubbing studio and adult film stars were cast in the roles. the acting might be horrid, but at least we'd get some genuine sounding moans from all that soma sucking
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:41 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
you know, I think it would be hilarious if Sentai sent this out to a hentai dubbing studio and adult film stars were cast in the roles. the acting might be horrid, but at least we'd get some genuine sounding moans from all that soma sucking

You know they used to do that with actual H-anime dubs, right?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:42 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
getchman wrote:

You know they used to do that with actual H-anime dubs, right?

yeah, that's why I brought it up
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:58 am Reply with quote
Everytime I hear about this show I partially wonder just what kind of sexual dysfunction birthed it.

I can't tell if this show is puerile dreck or a secretly genius satire of ecchi shows.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:01 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Everytime I hear about this show I partially wonder just what kind of sexual dysfunction birthed it.

You really want to go there? Seriously?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:22 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

I can't tell if this show is puerile dreck or a secretly genius satire of ecchi shows.

An intense love of breasts, same with the recent Kagaku na Yatsura. I don't doubt both the manga for and Qwaser were less intense, but some directors really enjoy upping things. I can only hope Manyuu Hikenchou is licensed next.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:22 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I don't doubt both the manga for and Qwaser were less intense

No, the Qwaser manga is just as, if not even more, intense.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:43 am Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
Being bombarded with fetishistic panty shots, anatomically impossible characters & the old anime standby of the inverse relationship between "bitchiness & bust size" could go from hellish to hilarious with a proper dub.

Don't know how much you've seen of the series, but you're a bit off here. Although the series does have panty shots, it doesn't use them heavily, and the "bitchiness/bust size" relationship that you're talking about simply doesn't exist; I could name examples of both very bitchy and very tame characters on both extremes of the bust size scale.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:46 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I could name examples of both very bitchy and very tame characters on both extremes of the bust size scale.

Katya alone disproves this, unless you are going for an inverse relationship.

And hell, Tomo.
Khooni

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:14 am Reply with quote
I'm soo happy happy that a fanservice anime got a good review. Yeah, I hope that sentai dubs it soon (even though i felt like killing myself when i saw the dubbed version of battlegirls time paradox)
potatochobit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:56 am Reply with quote
this is not a fanservice anime
this is borderline hentai

the day you think suckling is fanservice is the day you clearly have crossed the line of reality

you want to call this an ecchi anime, that's fine

but fanservice in no way is synonymous with rampant nudity I wish people would stop saying that

a maid bending over to pick something up, that is fanservice
it does not mean she has to be topless
of course, there are situations where nudity is included in fanservice but that situation is not here

this is all just my opinion
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:21 am Reply with quote
1st off, yes, the second OP for this show is absolutely fantastic, from the images, the music and the direction. It's one of the best action oriented openings I've ever see.

The show itself is decent. I can't think of another ecchi show that has this much character development.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:40 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

You really want to go there? Seriously?

Yes, because only someone with some severe sexual psychoses could think that making this manga (that birthed this show) was a good idea.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:53 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Yes, because only someone with some severe sexual psychoses could think that making this manga (that birthed this show) was a good idea.

A) Thats spectacularly offensive, just in general

B) Glass houses
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5