• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gunsmith Cats Burst, Re-Release in 2007

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quote
It's good to see Rally and Minnie May back in the States again. I figured it would be made in to a TV series by now. Oh well...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:52 pm Reply with quote
I guess I saw this one coming. It's too bad stuff like GSC has enough support to reprint while Shadow Star and Mother Sarah fall into obscurity.
jgreen

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
I guess I saw this one coming. It's too bad stuff like GSC has enough support to reprint while Shadow Star and Mother Sarah fall into obscurity.

Or Outlanders, for that matter.

Still, I'll probably snap up the GSC reissues, depending on what the "extras" are. I'll definitely be grabbing GSCBurst, though. I didn't even know it existed until now, but I can't wait for it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:31 pm Reply with quote
I'll be buying these. I LOVE GSC! I really like Minnie May Hopkins.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:

I remember reading an interview somewhere in which it was stated that if re-releases like these do well, there may be a shot of Shadowstar Narutaru being re-released uncut and finishing the series.

As much as I want to see Narutaru finished, what I really want is a proper 3x3 Eyes release. But, sadly, that seems only slightly more likely than 4kids releasing One Piece uncut.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha: I hear Legend of Mother Sarah's on hiatus in Japan, too.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:07 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Kagemusha: I hear Legend of Mother Sarah's on hiatus in Japan, too.

I've really got no idea what the status is; I've heard that it's been going on and off since Otomo started wrapping up Steamboy. It would be nice if he'd go back to manga, since he's a better cartoonist than a director (or if he wants to direct something why not do Domu?).
Lum

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quote
w00t! Awesome news. I'll be picking up the rereleases and GCB right away. Very Happy I've been looking forward to this for a while now. Rally.. <3 But yeah, I'd also like to see 3x3 Eyes.. one day. Sad Though that might be hoping for too much. I'm still glad about Gunsmith Cats though since I love that series as well.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Awesumo. I love Gunsmith Cats, especially Rally's Shelby Cobra. The attention to detail's great in that manga (and in the OVA, which deserves some sort of sequel).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Lum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:00 am Reply with quote
I had been hoping for a TV series myself.
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:46 am Reply with quote
I was wondering what those were at Kinokuniya. Excellent news.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
hrtrunks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:27 am Reply with quote
OMG this is so great! GSC is my favorite manga! Anime hyper
Damn that's a good news.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Cool I'll be getting the new series and probably the releases too. Cool
Mokkori

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Lum wrote:
I had been hoping for a TV series myself.

And if they do, make sure it's on a satellite network so they won't have to tone down the violence.

Also, BEAN BANDIT!!! While I like the OAV series, it always bugged me that he didn't make a apperance in it. I mean Bean was in almost every volume of the first manga series. So if they do make a TV series, I hope they give Bean a significant role in most of the series. Or better yet, give Bean his own TV series!
Lanisatu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I remember hearing rumours about some sort of argument about the Bean Bandit character. I don't recall the details.

The GSC OAV didn't seem as exciting as the manga, I think. Though the nod to some of Rally's and May's former foes was kind of funny.

I know the topic of anime to live action movie can go either way (love or hate, I mean)... but with Transporter, Transporter 2, and Domino (just a few off the top of my head); you'd think there's a market for GSC and/ or Bean Bandit in live action. There'd probably be a lot of tricky stunts, but it would be fun to see Very Happy

I haven't seen the movie yet, but Domino looked a bit like Riff to me, without the green streak in her hair and the star on her cheek.

If they're going with unflipped, does this mean they'll preserve the sound effects art as well? (I hope so!) I hope they'll fix Minnie May's age, too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2