• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ask CLAMP Online

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RezSav

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Awsome, think I'll ask them when we'll get a new season of chobits. BTW, will their be a column like the Boston Con one for AX?
jaybug39

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:52 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how many questions will be the same questions our own dear Hey! Answerman has been dealing with? The how can I get into the biz, and how to get a job where I don't do anything but dream up stuff? Very Happy
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:59 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how many will be about the manga on hiatus, especially X/1999. It would be nice to actually get a straight answer on that, with perhaps a more definite idea of what's going on.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the heads up. I put my Clover questions in. Very Happy
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:59 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
I wonder how many will be about the manga on hiatus, especially X/1999. It would be nice to actually get a straight answer on that, with perhaps a more definite idea of what's going on.

You sure want to ask it again? Or do you want to challenge her reasoning?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Dear CLAMP: How do you type with....oh wait, nevermind. Cool

And you thought Answerman had it bad. I bet I will be able to count the number of really good questions on one hand.
championferret

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:32 am Reply with quote
I wonder if anyone's going to ask if there's any meaning behind the name 'CLAMP'. It's something I've been wondering for a long time.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:49 am Reply with quote
It's an archaic English word meaning "A bunch of potatoes".

That's really the answer they give if asked.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:25 am Reply with quote
Dear clamp other then for comdic effect Why the hell is chii's power switch down there?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:03 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:

Yeah, because, as I said, we haven't gotten a definite answer about X/1999 or the other two manga on hiatus, Clover and Legal Drug. As I said in the thread you linked, that article was old and really didn't seem to be an answer at all, when you consider that the events in question were about 10 years ago. If they aren't over it by now, I doubt they ever will be.
Omega13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:44 am Reply with quote
jaybug39 wrote:
I wonder how many questions will be the same questions our own dear Hey! Answerman has been dealing with? The how can I get into the biz, and how to get a job where I don't do anything but dream up stuff? Very Happy

Well, presumably, if they're asking for questions beforehand, they:
a) Expect that there will be too many questions for everyone to get a shot anyway, so they'll have plenty of material to choose from,
b) Due to (a), they will be able to filter out the inane or otherwise useless questions (or reword them, if the submitted question would be ok, but was posed awkwardly or improperly) and stick to the good stuff

So, I wouldn't expect any questions about 'getting into the biz' or about 'why *spoiler* *spoiler* *major spoiler* happened'. Nor do I anticipate a free-question period, unless CLAMP specifically requests it at the con.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:52 am Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
dormcat wrote:

Yeah, because, as I said, we haven't gotten a definite answer about X/1999 or the other two manga on hiatus, Clover and Legal Drug. As I said in the thread you linked, that article was old and really didn't seem to be an answer at all, when you consider that the events in question were about 10 years ago. If they aren't over it by now, I doubt they ever will be.

Well, the only way to find out is to ask. Besides, since those questions are probably screened, if it's something that they don't want to deal with, it won't get asked.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:13 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Well, the only way to find out is to ask.

A strong sense of futility has just emerged from my chest. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Chun-Li

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:02 am Reply with quote
I think this is a great idea!! it will definitely save time and attendees don't have to stand in line and wait to ask a question...or wait for those who ask if they can take a picture with them.. ^^;;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Chun-Li wrote:
I think this is a great idea!!

Most convention coordinators would filter questions for big names (e.g. CLAMP) beforehand, just in case some rabid fans might ask inappropriate questions ("what are your three sizes?").

Last edited by dormcat on Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2