• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Chogokin Saber

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Very beautiful figure. Smile

Also, congratulations on the replacement arms! Does this mean other buyers will be able to get them now, or is this just a perk of persistence and fame? Wink

Last edited by Gina Szanboti on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dark Mysty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm a big Saber fan and at first I was considering passing on the Chogokin since I already owned the Revoltech and the figma versions, but since I was bummed that one of my figma's sword-holding hand joints broke and I've been interested in the Chogokin line for a while, I figured why not.

I got my Chogokin last week and I'm pretty happy with it. The face isn't as expressive as a figma's, but I kind of expected it from seeing photos of Bandai's Precure Figuarts. The rest of the figure is amazing. I didn't even notice the gap between her stomach and her lower body until you pointed it out in the review, but that's very easy to overlook.

Chogokin Saber has sold me on the line and I'll definitely pick up Gunbuster and GaoGaiGar if I see them at a con. It'll feel right to get a Chogokin that's actually a robot, too!

Also looking forward to Gilgamesh since we've only gotten one male Servant action figure amidst the avalanche of Saber action figures over the years. It's about time!
takachsh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:44 am Reply with quote
Nice to see a Saber review! It is a great figure!! <3

Dark Mysty wrote:
Also looking forward to Gilgamesh since we've only gotten one male Servant action figure amidst the avalanche of Saber action figures over the years. It's about time!

Not true, we are getting Gilgamesh but we also have Rider out now as well! Rider!! That and were also getting Lancer and Waver here soon as well! ^-^
Alunimus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:28 am Reply with quote
Nice review. Still waiting for my Saber to arrive. I'm kinda interested in non-mecha Chokogin series. Too bad I missed Chokogin Aegis some time ago.
Mirri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:36 am Reply with quote
takachsh wrote:
Nice to see a Saber review! It is a great figure!! <3

Dark Mysty wrote:

Not true, we are getting Gilgamesh but we also have Rider out now as well! Rider!! That and were also getting Lancer and Waver here soon as well! ^-^

Isn't that Rider a fixed-pose figure?
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Huzzah! Arms! Triumph!

And that Saber figure it absolutely beautiful - I really love the stand, too, it's very unique. I didn't even notice the plastic arm holding her up until the article mentioned it. That'd be a great piece for a collection...but if I brought it home now my mother would flip. She just helped me pack up my entire figure collection for a cross-country move, and I haven't heard her swear that creatively in years...

Side note: it is amazing how big a figure collection can grow without you realizing it, until the moment they all have to go back in their boxes...
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Love the last picture, but I agree about the waist line: looks really weird considering how much detail went into everything else.

Hey... for the next photo, make the Robo carry the figure in one of its hands!
Very Happy
Mirri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:28 am Reply with quote
I purchased Chogokin Saber myself, and I can say that she's very nice. I think my favorite part is that because her greaves are die-cast, she can in many poses stand on her own.

If the head were on par with the figmas of Saber then this would be the best Saber posable yet. I'm considering the RAH Saber but iffy on her. I'd buy an RAH Tohsaka Rin without any second thoughts, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1