• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gatchaman CG Film in Production

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reikijenosaido

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Let's hope this ends up less like Advent Children and more like Kaena.
R.G.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:29 pm Reply with quote
A CG Gatchaman movie?

Sounds cool.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:50 am Reply with quote
Sounds interesting but I don't know why. I guess considering that a lot of companies are taking interesting in the popular retro shows that we grew up with back in the days. After all 'Voltron' aka 'Go Lion' was a fan fave back in the early days of anime fandom and still is. And look, they got a CGI TV show where they were able to get most of the original cast to perform the voices. And we've had several 'Transformers' shows, two of which were done in CG by 'Mainframe Entertainment' (Reboot, Shadow Raiders, etc...). Oh and lets not forget the major 'Transformers' movie that's supposed to be coming out in 2007. I guess it would happen sooner or later.

I guess if anyone want to remake something and make it flashy they'll pick something that good and nostaligic. Confused
.Sy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Oooh CG films. That reminds me, I still haven't gotten Advent Children yet. But anyway, cool visuals are good, but I'd like to see a good story too.
Kuririn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad they (finally!) decided to bring back Gatchaman.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Sounds interesting, Gatchaman has interested me but unfortunately it's hard to get in to since it pales so much in comparison to modern anime. I love the Box Art though for the new collections, that alone practically makes the price worthwhile.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Anime News Service just mentioned that it'll be out by 2010. I guess we're finally starting to see this stuff get green-lit.
Vicserr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
Sounds interesting, Gatchaman has interested me but unfortunately it's hard to get in to since it pales so much in comparison to modern anime. I love the Box Art though for the new collections, that alone practically makes the price worthwhile.

I would rather say that modern anime pales in comparison to Kagaku Ninja Tai Gatchaman tell me of any modern anime with the sense of wonder, excitement and adventure that Gatchaman has in spades! Cool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1