• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:45 am Reply with quote
I pre-ordered a kanzaki kaori
I wonder if it will end up being rare
her dere face annoys me
it is also to risque, I will have to leave it in the box forever Anime cry
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Since Dark Horse stuff is on sale:

Oh! My Goddess Volumes 21, 23-30

Rightstuf didn't have 22 for for some reason so I turned to Amazon for that.

Can someone tell me what the difference is,if any, between pressings of this? I ask because so far my collection of OMG manga looks really haphazard with like 3 different types of books. There's thin and tall ones with no volume numbers just volume titles, some that are just as tall but are thicker and have volume numbers and some that are what I'd tend to consider normal manga size which are also numbered.

Will I have trouble with the actual content of these versions not matching up when I read them? Confused
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Oh eBay, you don't know how funny your emails are sometimes! Like when you wrote "Enjoy your Eiken DVD!" without realizing that one enjoys Eiken in the same way one enjoys a root canal. I can't wait to watch this with my best chick friend! Her Mad Bull 34 reactions were good, I'm hoping for even better here! Also, it was under $6, my price point for this thing I have secretly wanted for a while, but couldn't justify any more than around $5 for it.
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Wow, it has been a while since I posted in this thread.

Recently, I bought two highly limited steelbooks from a user at Cheap Ass Gamer who lives in Japan. I must say, they look magnificent!

Amazon.jp exclusive
Heaven’s Lost Property the Movie: The Angeloid of Clockwork*, Link.

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Link.

* I was told that it is supposed to be for the movie. However, they can be used for Funimation's Seasons 1 and/or 2 releases if I wanted.
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:50 am Reply with quote
Comic shop:

Full Moon 4
Fullmetal Alchemist 20
Skip Beat 3 in 1 4

And from the bargain bin:

Antique Gift Shop (manhwa) 8-10
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:43 pm Reply with quote
A few more pre-orders for June, July, and August:

A Devil and Her Love Song Volumes 9 and 10
The Rose of Versailles Part 2 LE DVD

Get the feeling my boyfriend will be trying to buy one or two of these for me despite protests. Anime hyper But also so glad that now there's only three more volumes to go before I complete A Devil and Her Love Song (in English; still working on collecting the Japanese volumes). ^^
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:29 am Reply with quote
From HMV's closing down sale

Hetalia part 4 (second half of World Series)
Barefoot Gen
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:15 am Reply with quote
Snagged Heaven's Memo Pad on DVD from off Amazon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quote
Haha! I recently started tracking all of the sales RightStuf has had (I've gotten as far back January 2011) so that I could predict when certain sales would occur. I was expecting a Nozomi sale soon, and I've been waiting on it.

And it's just my luck, we're at the tail end of a Dark Horse sale as well! Very Happy And not only that, but RightStuf just added a new item I'm interested in: 20th Century Boys 17-22 & 21st Century Boys 1-2. I already own up to #17 for CB, so I would be getting a 2nd one of that, but I can always sell it to Amazon (also, since it was a recent purchase, I think I'm still able to return my first purchase to RightStuf).

I have yet to make any purchases, but I plan to tonight. Now it's just a matter of choosing:

Martian Successor Nadesico LE
His and Her Circumstances
Sound of the Sky LE
Sweet Blue Flowers
Eden: It's An Endless World ('cause I'm a fool to myself)
Cardcaptor Sakura
Appleseed
20th CB 17-22 / 21st CB 1-2

I'm thinking definitely the first two. I've been waiting on them patiently for the next sale. Eden is very tempting despite the OOP status of several volumes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:31 am Reply with quote
Cynical Orange (manhwa) 1 and from HMV's closing down sale: The World God Only Knows Series 1.
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:13 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
And it's just my luck, we're at the tail end of a Dark Horse sale as well! Very Happy And not only that, but RightStuf just added a new item I'm interested in: 20th Century Boys 17-22 & 21st Century Boys 1-2. I already own up to #17 for CB, so I would be getting a 2nd one of that, but I can always sell it to Amazon (also, since it was a recent purchase, I think I'm still able to return my first purchase to RightStuf).

If you already have 17, it might be simpler to just buy the rest of the volumes individually. They're also on sale ($6.75 each), and the price difference between buying eight individual volumes ($54.00) and the bundle ($51.99) is only a couple dollars. We priced them that way exactly for people in such situations. Smile
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:17 pm Reply with quote
@willag
Definitely get Nadesico! I really enjoyed it, and it has the OVA!
I have a copy of H&H Circumstances (older one, 5 singles with artbox) if you'd wanna buy mine off me
For some other great TRSI/Nozomi stuff: Shingu, Emma, Rose of Versailles (if you haven't already pre-ordered), and Captain Tylor TV
I haven't watched the rest of the things you list, but I would like to (I'd just rather read Sweet Blue Flowers if someone ever picks it up with JManga's demise)
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:14 pm Reply with quote
I took advantage of having 2 sales together to make an order from TRSI:

Hyakko TV Series DVD Complete Series (S)
Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service Graphic Novel 13
Martian Successor Nadesico DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (TV/OVA/Movie) LE

I was hoping for a Nozomi sale since I only wanted one item from the Dark Horse sale, this way I can still get free shipping. I will be making another order to pre-order Rose of Versailles as I want to keep it separate from in-stock orders (yes, I know technically Hyakko isn't out yet but I've heard people have been getting theirs already). Then again, the manga volume I ordered is in "more arriving soon" status so this order may be delayed anyway.

I already own the old ADV brick of Martian Successor Nadesico and the movie but the prospect of improved video along with getting the Gekiganger OVA made me decide to double dip.

EDIT: As promised, I went back into TRSI to do a preorder for the following:

Lupin the 3rd: Green vs Red DVD (S)
Rose of Versailles, The DVD Part 1 (S) Limited Edition
Rose of Versailles, The DVD Part 2 (S) Limited Edition

When I ordered earlier, the weekly specials were not complete, which is actually kinda stupid of me (since I have noticed that before, that it takes some time for that to be fully updated) so I missed that Venus Wars which is in-stock is also on sale. The Lupin DVD is not a problem as that is also a pre-order (coming in May a week after part one of RoV). It may not be a concern since, in view of AnoHana suddenly dropping to 0 copies I may go ahead and order one of the NISA sets I've been keeping an eye on and I'll just add Venus Wars to that (already had to contact Customer Care about the first order due to the GotAnime discount not being correct, they of course took care of that for me right away, so don't feel like trying to add it to the first order and don't want to add it to the pre-orders).

2ND EDIT: I am really brain-dead today. I also forgot there was another item I needed from the Dark Horse sale, so I made one last order from TRSI:

Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl DVD/Blu-ray Complete (S) Premium Edition
MPD-Psycho Graphic Novel 10
Venus Wars DVD (Hyb)
Ensof

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:37 am Reply with quote
I promised myself a quiet month, but instead I’ve been going through my neglected wish-lists and picking up stuff that I kept putting off. I can’t believe it has taken me this long to buy anything by Yoshihiro Tatsumi.

From the Book Depository:
Nightmare Inspector: Yumekui Kenbun v. 1-9
Little Fluffy Gigolo Pelu v. 1
Garden Dreams
A Drifting Life
Abandon the Old in Tokyo
(softcover)
Good-Bye (softcover)

From Amazon:
Black Blizzard (big discount on this)
The Push Man and Other Stories (softcover)
Kitaro (pre-order)
Pepita (pre-order)
Doubt v. 1 (pre-order)
Last Quarter (live-action DVD, another big discount)
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:39 am Reply with quote
Crest of the Stars - Complete Collection
G Gundam - Anime Legends Collection 1

Got the last sets from a local online retailer that I've used quite a bit lately and at a good price too!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1026 of 1399