• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Unreleased FUNimation Licenses Update Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:50 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
[*]Sgt. Frog - "is now on hiatus"

I know thats mostly PR for "We arent doing anymore," but dammit does that line fill me with a false sense of hope lol

I pray they at least finished the second season (at the Garuru Platoon). They can stop after that and I'll be content
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Nocturne123 wrote:
I asked on the Funimation Twitter and Facebook but never heard back. I really wonder if they are going to do physical releases of Haganai

S1 dub has been said as in production or completed a short while back. Best case scenario is sometime this summer (but seemingly unrealistic right now). Considering how fast they are releasing new properties, a more realistic target could be sometime during the last couple months of the year.

Animegomaniac wrote:
What I want to hear about is C Cubed. Has Funimation disowned it for some reason? After my fifth Oonuma series, I have to admit I like his style.

Nothing new has been revealed at this time (so streaming only license until more info is revealed from FUNimation).
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:37 pm Reply with quote
https://twitter.com/MarykeHendrikse/status/304285917701615617
Quote:
- @MarykeHendrikse has @FUNimation contacted you about doing the Roberta's Blood Trail dub? Would love to hear you as Revy again!

- @skullman667 @FUNimation would LOVE that too!
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:12 pm Reply with quote
I guess FUNimation won't be (re-)releasing this movie any time soon.

via Art of Akira Exhibit Facebook page (@ SXSW)
Quote:
Just did a great interview with Funimation about Akira, anime and cool tattoos. They're releasing a new Blu-Ray of Akira next year - be excited!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:03 pm Reply with quote
It's not like "new BD" means it'll be better than the older one, FUNi definitely isn't getting a new transfer done, like 2k or higher, not that AKIRA even needs one just yet. The best I can see them do is add both English dub tracks and re-add a bunch of the missing extras and special features. Beyond that, just having the film at less than $25 and continually in print is more benefit than anything FUNi will do the actual release.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:20 am Reply with quote
The Unofficial One Piece Podcast - Episode 260 with FUNimation brand manager Josh Kocurek

Some notes (or just listen to the podcast):
- One Piece Season 4 sale is "good"
- Sticking with 2 to 3 months turnaround time between voyages (releases); not slowing down
- One Piece DVD Collections "sell extremely well"
- Season 5 Voyage 1 to be released in July 2013.
- Just got materials last month for Strong World...goal is a holiday release (DVD and Blu-ray confirmed).
- Film Z: on the timeline...just don't know when; trying to get it as soon as they can
- Simulcast: our strongest; numbers keeps getting higher and higher; keeps growing exponentially; improvement on numbers
supercreep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:10 am Reply with quote
Interesting news about Akira. I'm considering importing the Japanese version, so maybe I won't wait for Funi's.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:55 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
via Katsucon (http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/29314084)
  • PSYCHO-PASS - "...recently acquired full rights" (@ 10:14)

Another home video license confirmation via megaplushie

A FUNimation promo poster that notes "COMING SOON TO HOME VIDEO". I'm pretty sure this person won it from FUNimation's noitaminA Nights.

EDIT: additional shots (front / back) via LINK

Last edited by WTK on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:25 pm Reply with quote
via The FUNimation Show - Episode 2: Roberta's Blood Trail English dub cast to be announced on the next episode (April 5th).

If this announcement holds up, it should mean the OVA will be solicited in the near future. FUNimation don't announce English dub cast unless the release is ready to be solicited soon.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:04 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Another home video license confirmation via megaplushie

I am surprised that ANN hasn't made a news article about this. Guess they are waiting on Funimation to give the ok to do it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Saiki_Thorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I am curious to know when Funimation will release more One Piece DVD Collections.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:29 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
via The FUNimation Show - Episode 2: Roberta's Blood Trail English dub cast to be announced on the next episode (April 5th).

If this announcement holds up, it should mean the OVA will be solicited in the near future. FUNimation don't announce English dub cast unless the release is ready to be solicited soon.

This makes me more than a little nervous. It seems to imply that not all of the original cast members will be coming back.

Now, provided they at least got the main four, it wouldn't really bother me. Roberta herself doesn't really talk all that much anyway.

But as long as they DON'T GET CHRIS SABAT TO VOICE DUTCH!!! NO!!! NEVER!!!! Mad
Calibrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:04 am Reply with quote
If they're not getting the original cast back together (ALL OF THEM), then honesty, they can go f*ck themselves.

The studio that dubbed Hellsing is long gone. Yet, they went through the trouble of getting in touch with Jaffe to bring the entire cast back together again - via several different recording studios across the nation.

Ocean Group, on the other hand, is still well in business. There's just no excuse. Once more, if they can't put forth a fraction of the effort they put on Hellsing, then they can go f*ck themselves.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:17 am Reply with quote
^
One of the embarrassing things about being an anime fan is that it means being part of a community that includes "people" who have the maturity level of 5-year-olds. Of course Funi is going to make an effort to get the original cast. It only makes sense from a business stand point given how popular the original BL dub is. But guess what, genius? Some of the original cast may not be involved in V.A. work any more. They may not be available at any price or a price so ridiculous it can't be met. Then no doubt you'll cry and sob like an obnoxious little bitch. Jesus Christ.
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:39 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
^
One of the embarrassing things about being an anime fan is that it means being part of a community that includes "people" who have the maturity level of 5-year-olds. Of course Funi is going to make an effort to get the original cast. It only makes sense from a business stand point given how popular the original BL dub is. But guess what, genius? Some of the original cast may not be involved in V.A. work any more. They may not be available at any price or a price so ridiculous it can't be met. Then no doubt you'll cry and sob like an obnoxious little bitch. Jesus Christ.

Agreed. I honestly dont see how people like this even consider themselves fans of anime. It shows a huge lack of support.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 20