• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fairy Tail Episode Ends With 'To Be Continued' Message

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TadashiED

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I think I'm just going to replay the piano version of the FT theme song the entire night Sad
It was an epic episode, with HUGE cliffhangers. I can't wait for it to come back. Hopefully it won't be that long...I'm going to assume at least a year though.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:07 pm Reply with quote
told you guys it's not the end. THey just want to wait for the manga to catch and use the Fairy Tail time slot for Attack of the Titans
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
told you guys it's not the end. THey just want to wait for the manga to catch and use the Fairy Tail time slot for Attack of the Titans

Attack on Titan will air at 2 AM on Sunday night, while Fairy Tail airs at 10:30 AM on Saturday mornings.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:17 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

Attack on Titan will air at 2 AM on Sunday night, while Fairy Tail airs at 10:30 AM on Saturday mornings.

ok, not Attack on Titan, the another anime. No different. I was right about Fairy Tail was not over.
When you guys are shitting on me when i i said it was not over on this topic.

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1600800&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Last edited by Spotlesseden on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping it starts back up with another company other than A-1. I doubt it though - I just hope to know what they plan on doing. I don't want it to be gone for a really long time - or just vanish like Hitman (which the manga ended idk why they haven't started it back)
decepticons2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:20 pm Reply with quote
What a horrible spot to cliff hang it. They could have stretched out some of the magic games, Increased the point totals. While continuing the same arc of development.

There is enough manga for a much better ending point. Fairy Tail is lucky though I don't think there is any new stuff with enough story to fill its spot for more then a couple seasons. But one has to figure at least 24 weeks if not a year. Beelzbub has already past a year with no return.

Edit 1 Anyone know what is getting its Saturday spot next week?

Last edited by decepticons2 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Mashima posted a tweet about it.

https://twitter.com/hiro_mashima/status/317831936485769217

Google translate:

"I do not just say "to be continued" now, so far from over even the original re-broadcast on Thursday also some new OAD, thank you a Fairy Tale in the future"

Maybe someone who knows better Japanese than I could translate it better.

decepticons2 wrote:
Edit 1 Anyone know what is getting its Saturday spot next week?

Tanken Driland
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Well I hope it returns in the fall instead of waiting a whole year for new epsiodes
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:39 pm Reply with quote
of course its not the end, why would they end a show like OP (only less popular lol, but still popular!)
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:18 am Reply with quote
Fairy Tail anime walks to the lobby and sits down with Bleach anime and are waiting for their turn to return to the TVs when it's time for their return.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote
The to be continued message reminds me of Ranma 1/2 series conclusion, albeit with Fairy Tale, their are higher chances of the loose ends being tied up and being given a grand finale.

Needless to say, only time will tell if this series will actually continue and if this does, when.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:39 am Reply with quote
So why exactly can't he just say definitively that its not ending and give the reason why it stopped? Sure its not that hard to guess but its quite annoying that they won't say anything.

Ambimunch wrote:
of course its not the end, why would they end a show like OP (only less popular lol, but still popular!)

nothing like one piece, unless you count that they are both shonens.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:06 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Mashima posted a tweet about it.

https://twitter.com/hiro_mashima/status/317831936485769217

Google translate:

"I do not just say "to be continued" now, so far from over even the original re-broadcast on Thursday also some new OAD, thank you a Fairy Tale in the future"

Maybe someone who knows better Japanese than I could translate it better.

His twitter says "For now, 'to be continued' is the only thing I can say, but new OADs, thursday's reruns, and the original work are all still continuing so please continue to support fairy tail."

In other words, nothing useful.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:18 am Reply with quote
At least we still get fanservice OVAs to tide us over.

Better yet, just make the series a late-night anime and make it like Qwaser.
Ushio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:13 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

I'll give you $100 (hope you have a paypal account Rolling Eyes ) if the Fairy Tail anime ever sees a continuation with a daytime weekly anime!

If it's OVA bundled with GN's or some late night rush job (like inu yasha final but with a latenight release) no deal.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3