• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation: Kyōkai no Kanata Anime Is in the Works

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blazaking

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:50 am Reply with quote
Awesome! KyoAni work that isn't slice of life? O:

Looking forward to this.
Wakazhi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:57 am Reply with quote
I'm getting a Bakemonogatari vibe from the commercial and premise. Hope it doesn't get looked over by US distributors for not being a conventional KyoAni show aka moe enough (ex: Hyouka).
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:11 am Reply with quote
With girls below average appeal level, will Kyoani be able to sell, that is the question.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:47 am Reply with quote
Wakazhi wrote:
I'm getting a Bakemonogatari vibe from the commercial and premise. Hope it doesn't get looked over by US distributors for not being a conventional KyoAni show aka moe enough (ex: Hyouka).
The two previous shows used TBS in their production committees to hold international rights. TBS and Sentai are on very good terms, so it's quite likely to come over here. Unfortunately, that means a delayed simulcast on TAN only though.
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:04 am Reply with quote
I dont know if there is any action in it,but just imagine KyoAni animating them.Of God I wanna see this stuff,not to mention the story sounds interesting too.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:05 am Reply with quote
As a fan of KyoAni, I was greatly disappointed by Chuunibyou and Tamako Market. But just the look of the show gives me hope that KyoAni aren't dead just yet.
Kreion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:01 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
As a fan of KyoAni, I was greatly disappointed by Chuunibyou and Tamako Market. But just the look of the show gives me hope that KyoAni aren't dead just yet.

I agree with Tamako market but then again I also dislike K-on. I'm glad to see them doing something deeper again (than things like Tamako) it's a great use of their awesome animation Very Happy I Look forward to watching it.
Amutofan123

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:42 am Reply with quote
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:53 am Reply with quote
Eh, doesn't really look too interesting. I'd rather have a Chuunibyou 2.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:09 am Reply with quote
I have never seen Kyoto animation do an fantasy action series, but I will look forward to it.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:14 am Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
I have never seen Kyoto animation do an fantasy action series, but I will look forward to it.

Munto?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ3pI25j4tk

Though it was also by far their least successful and is pretty much "The forgotten KyoAni series", so I don't think thats really the direction they want to go.
lijachan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:32 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Same.
I don't particularly just watch them for the "moe," I mean, cute is cute...but if the story's bland, what's the use. Hyouka, Chu2koi, Tamako Market, they were okay, at best. Even Munto was better in terms of story-telling - even though greatly forgotten.

But finally shit is getting real. (Now, just to satisfy our fangirl needs, we want Swimming Anime to become real too. It's a once in a life time wish, KyoAni. Hahaha!)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Matrixen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:32 am Reply with quote
I want FMP !
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:55 am Reply with quote
As excited as I am, there's one thing that's always bothered me about this premise. In stories where someone has the power to control blood or water, why can't take control of other peoples bodies using the blood/water? Theoretically they should be able to cause them to explode from the inside out if they truly can control water/blood. Unless they can only control their own blood, this will bother me the entire time I watch it >.<. Yes, I think too much
opn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:10 am Reply with quote
Well i for one love that they finally announced this since a lot of people speculated this would be their next anime. Looking forward too this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3