• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Anime on Encore WAM, Starz Action

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:50 am Reply with quote
Mirage of Blaze is on WAM now-on at least a 2nd run-last of the OVA eps aired something like Thursday because Friday or Saturday we cycled back to ep 1.
belisarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:55 am Reply with quote
I wonder if any of this will make it to their Vongo online service. They already have a couple of titles, Texnolyze included. Why oh why anyone would air the Eiken OVA is beyond me however.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Encore WAM is seperate from normal Encore right? I tried to look at the website but it is down, or my computer is messed up. It would be neet if they put this on basic Encore.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:15 pm Reply with quote
The fact that they chose to air Eiken before so many other anime I would love them to show really saddens me. Sad

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Eiken at 7:40? PM?! Um.....anyone see something wrong with that?
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:28 pm Reply with quote
It's probably the prime pedo viewing block I guess
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I sort of wondered at Eiken being on Action. Wouldn't SDK be more the usual action they pitch on that channel? Not that teens wouldn't like Kyo-Kyo is cool once one gets past the accent of the week (using a different accent for every character doesn't cover poor va work) or just listen to the Japanese cast which is killer. Not that Wam will run it in Japanese, so they're stuck with Dan Green & Sean Schemmel.

WAM's schedule runs on Sundays on one of the other Starz channels. I just know here in Socal Mirage of Blaze has been running 1:30 am, 6:30 am, & 4:30 pm, but on Sundays there's 2:30 pm & 11:30 pm on MPlex or one of those upper channels(less than 200)
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:

Most of what would be considered loli (pedo) anime in Japan airs after midnight. Eiken isn't even what would be considered loli though (Komoe has too big of breasts, which go completely against the loli body type, and the other candidate (forgot her name) doesn't get enough screen time to attract any lolicon).
DuoSagara

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:13 pm Reply with quote
0_o Well, I guess I for one need to really pay attention to more eps. of Mirage of Blaze...and the fact that they've shown Vandread and SFII:V like 20 times over...it's nice to see that they'll be showing a few more titles. I really don't care what they're on, as long as I can catch 'em.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:40 pm Reply with quote
It's about time they show something new.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:

No one in the right mind would fap to that anime! I mean, SERIOUSLY!!! Mad
RezSav

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Awsome, the gokusen, been looking for that show. Also like the way the block is heading (new shows on weekends), the whole "vandread and random show" pairing was getting stale.
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:17 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
Mirage of Blaze is on WAM now-on at least a 2nd run-last of the OVA eps aired something like Thursday because Friday or Saturday we cycled back to ep 1.

No joke - this is old news, seeing I posted most of this information a good two weeks ago in the Anime folder. I swear if the people running this site ever checked that folder they'd have known about it (but of course they don't seem to do that and I've given up trying to hand them tips on a platter).

I do admit that Samurai Deeper Kyo wasn't showing up in the WAM! listing at that time, so that was a surprise. As to Vandread, it ends airing on Friday, though I wouldn't be suprised to see it return later.

An everyone needs to remember -
AniMidnight is going to five days a week and the shows will be repeated at 12PM ET the next afternoon, at least in July.

I don't know why Anime fans who get Encore Pak channels can't wrap their heads around the fact that AniMidnight can and does change times and days but there are still people who still think the show airs on Fridays only when it moved premiers to Tuesdays over a year ago (so I figure there will be people this time next year going "what do you mean its on five days a week?") Rolling Eyes.
DuoSagara

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:07 am Reply with quote
LOLZ...so nice and hateful...but you brought up a good point...yeah, anyone who watches these shows can see that they come on at all kinds of times...they rerun about evey four or five hours somedays...and you can find anime on every night of the week on these channels, or showtime as well. The best thing is just to be happy that there's new anime coming on period. What would be bad is if less shows came around -_-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:18 am Reply with quote
Well I appologize if you thought that was hateful - I wasn't trying to be Confused I'm just annoyed, nothing more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2