• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, March 24-30

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:32 pm Reply with quote
You usually don't see Vertical stuff that high up, especially with a price tag like Gundam: The Origin's.
unitmikey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah! Gundam Origin! I need to get that. And catch up with sailor moon. But go vertical, lets hope for more high numbers.
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Glad to know Gundam: Origins is doing well Smile
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm not a fan of Gundam, but I'm glad for Vertical that it's selling well. Very Happy
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Too bad I can't afford Gundam right now and if it sells out that's it and I'm screwed.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:16 am Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
Too bad I can't afford Gundam right now and if it sells out that's it and I'm screwed.

Ed Chavez has stated that Barnes and Noble should still have it in a few months. After that it should be hard to find.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:19 am Reply with quote
And not surprised that Walking Dead keeps up while The Last Airbender makes a comeback.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:18 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

Ed Chavez has stated that Barnes and Noble should still have it in a few months. After that it should be hard to find.

It's still stupid that they're going with a "once and done" model for this series. Vertical already bummed me out once by not releasing the rest of GTO because contracts made them start with parts of the series no one would understand and thus led to the sales being crummy, and now they're relegating a Gundam manga to a limited print run that will eventually become scalped off on eBay for hundreds of dollars by people. If they end up getting Crossbone Gundam and doing the same thing I'm not going to be happy because the Gundam fanbase is in such bad shape here as is with Bandai being dead.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:23 am Reply with quote
The Saika Arc of DRRR!! was a favorite part of mine from the anime so I'm very pleased with how it's done in the manga. Hope the LNs aren't far behind! (Oh Yen, shut up and take all my money already Anime hyper)
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:40 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

It's still stupid that they're going with a "once and done" model for this series. Vertical already bummed me out once by not releasing the rest of GTO because contracts made them start with parts of the series no one would understand and thus led to the sales being crummy, and now they're relegating a Gundam manga to a limited print run that will eventually become scalped off on eBay for hundreds of dollars by people. If they end up getting Crossbone Gundam and doing the same thing I'm not going to be happy because the Gundam fanbase is in such bad shape here as is with Bandai being dead.

Vertical really doesn't have the money to reprint something like this since its a hardback with glossy paper. I own about a hundred manga volumes and this volume is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of quality.

So if you can afford it in two weeks than you need to buy a copy from Amazon because it is worth it.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:11 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

Vertical really doesn't have the money to reprint something like this since its a hardback with glossy paper. I own about a hundred manga volumes and this volume is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of quality.

So if you can afford it in two weeks than you need to buy a copy from Amazon because it is worth it.

At least they've given you fair warning that's it one print run then that's it. Other publishers wouldn't do you that courtesy. You'd check Amazon one day and it would be $300 from the marketplace only.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1