• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Heroman GN 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeathScytheRuler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Heroman didn't nearly as much attention and publicity as Ultimo.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:52 pm Reply with quote
DeathScytheRuler wrote:
Heroman didn't nearly as much attention and publicity as Ultimo.

Just out of curiosity since I've always kinda half-wondered about this after Heroman aired, but remember having no luck finding any info about it way back when:

Is/was there any particular reason Ultimo never got an anime adaptation like Heroman did?
Kurohei

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm still waiting for the Heroman anime to make it to America. I mean, it takes place in America, Created by Stan Lee. Why wouldn't it?
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
I'm still waiting for the Heroman anime to make it to America. I mean, it takes place in America, Created by Stan Lee. Why wouldn't it?

Its because Disney owns the rights and wont do a thing with them. It even has an english dub. Well apparently it aired in Malaysia or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay9ri7YJA-4
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:58 am Reply with quote
The anime is on Crunchyroll, at least.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:50 am Reply with quote
I honestly have no idea why they'd do a Heroman anime of all things. It's not too amazing a series to make it stand out and there's nothing marketable about it, maybe the kid looks a bit like a trap, but that's about it.

Ultimo could have had potentials if handled well. It looks quite a bit more marketable, and has moments of entertainment peppered throughout. In fact, I reckon they shoulda slapped a Marvel label(pitched by Stan Lee, so close enough) onto that series and scrapped one of those 5 godawful Marvel animes and used their budget to make an anime for Ultimo instead.
lLuffyl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quote
I loved Heroman. Kinda iffy about this review. The whole point in Heroman was to be what it is. Taking a normal kid and making him become a hero. It wasn't meant to be a crazy super story with massive action. It was meant to go back to the roots of what it is to be a hero and just tell the story in a different way. It wasn't meant to jump out at you with something you've never seen before.

The art for one was amazing. I have no idea how anyone could say the art was bad. Sure it wasn't filled with explosions and super crazy detailed fighting but it was a nice smooth style and fit it perfectly.

To each their own I suppose. I feel that Heroman was great and really got to the roots of heroism in a short and sweet story.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quote
"Heroman" seems like a pretty good anime but I have a criticism. If the anime now has a dub,why is it in Malaysia? Why isn't it here? What in the heck is Disney doing with this? Why isn't being shown in America? I'd love to see it.
As for the "Heroman" manga,one of the most interesting scenes in it is a guy dressed in traditional Japanese clothing possessed by an evil spirit kidnapping the female friend of Joey's and Heroman is born to help get her back. Then,Heroman battles a demonic samurai in order to save the girl. This sort of scene wouldn't be out of place in other manga like "Inuyasha."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1