• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Moe You Know

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Wow, looks awful.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I recognize some of the characters on the page from a hentai game I know that's coming out. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of them were too. I don't really like that but... what Japanese consider to be moe seems to be SO different from what I think of as moe. Maybe I'll never truly understand it...
Gauss

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:01 pm Reply with quote
I think very few of those characters are connected with hentai games. The ball players probably tie in with the World Cup in Football (or soccer as you yanks call it). The girl on the cover is connected with the upcoming Strike Witches OAV release (at least it's the same character designer). The pictures with female tank crews would, I guess, tie in with the dominant military theme. Overall it seems the magazine is aimed at the subset of moe fans who like girls, guns and uniforms. But then the name is MC*Axis (or Akushisu as it's spelled in Hiragana oddly enough).
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
what Japanese consider to be moe seems to be SO different from what I think of as moe. Maybe I'll never truly understand it...

I think this magazine is going for a slightly older look by combining moe elements with teen girls. For me, there was only one series on that webpage that looked like what I recognize as moe.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:49 am Reply with quote
Yes, from what I`ve been seeing on my trip so far, the amount of moe hentai games and anime and stuff like that has been through the roof. Eroinihonjinme Evil or Very Mad
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I am interested in this if only for the crazy WWII tank and plane girls. I don't know if this is by the same artists as the figures I've got or a knock off, but that there's a manga out about this interests me.

Gauss

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:22 am Reply with quote
If it's these Mecha Musume figurines (or variants) you have, then the cover and some of the content is by the same character designer (Shimada Humikane):

Mecha Musume Set 1 - Mecha Musume Set 2

He's also the original character design creator for the upcoming Strike Witches anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1