• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Guyver TV Season 2 ?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digital Dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I just finished watching the new Guvyer Animation.
Firstly I find that it's great that they are continuing on with a classic anime story, however in about 26 episodes, we really did not cover that much more.
Like Episodes 1 to 16 covers the events from the first OVA series.
The 7 volumes that Viz Manga translated covers up to episode 20. And yet I have noticed that the manga still goes on for another 20 something volumes.

With the way that episode 26 leaves a lot of unfinished matters (Like spoiler[Chronos now controls the world] just for starters), does any one know if WOWOW are going to be doing a season 2?
Punchey Monk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Well, I haven't seen the new Guyver anime yet (I'm holding out for a domestic release), but I have read (which is to say "looked at the pretty pictures") the Guyver manga up to volume 20 and as of volume 22, the series is still ongoing. If the TV series continued for too much longer, it would probably have to make up its own ending, as the manga shows no signs of concluding soon.
GospelX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:28 am Reply with quote
One of the companies involved in bringing the series to life was ADVision, so I imagine that a sequel series in part depends on how far the manga has gone and also will depend on how much it makes in the US when it is released (and there's no doubt that it will be).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1