• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Berserk Film Blu-ray/DVD Listed by Retailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuma78

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:02 am Reply with quote
so, so disappointing... They've had the english dub ready in japan in december, plus they are going to showcase the movie next month here in the US.. and we gotta wait 3 months after that to be able to buy it? Even if the english dub shown in japan wasn't done by Viz, they still have the movie ready to go, probably right now.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:28 am Reply with quote
kuma78 wrote:
so, so disappointing... They've had the english dub ready in japan in december, plus they are going to showcase the movie next month here in the US.. and we gotta wait 3 months after that to be able to buy it? Even if the english dub shown in japan wasn't done by Viz, they still have the movie ready to go, probably right now.

What are you complaining about? Just buy it if you want it.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:45 am Reply with quote
Really slow turn-around considering how long they have had the dub completed.
Too much messing around with this Neon Alley rubbish.
Showing it on that in May, yet not releasing the DVD/BD until August...
Viz need to get their priorities right.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:35 pm Reply with quote
kuma78 wrote:

You have to wait with every movie that is shown in a theater setting and then released on DVD. A few months is nothing to wait.

Besides, if you don't want to wait for them to actually dub, encode, produce, and organize distribution of the disks for US audience, feel free to import the Japanese version.
kuma78

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:17 am Reply with quote
no, my whole point is the length of us waiting makes no sense. We got the first berserk movie in the US in under 10 months. The 2nd one by the time it's released will have been 14 months. While I think it's awesome that they are going to have a double feature shown in a movie theatre, it's odd that the physical media won't drop the next day, week, or even month later.

I think that the dubbed version they shown in japan in december was the dub that will be shown on may 11th and will be the dub released for purchase in august... so why is there a 8 month gap from a completed dub, to a release? It takes 8 months to make a english language cover image for the DVD? Maybe 8 months to translate and subtitle everything? I think not.

I'll give credit to Studio 4c though, they busted out 3 movies in under a years time. Grant it, the films run at a shotguns pace and many aspects that made the manga and even the anime great are missing or done in a completely weird way (flashback sequences for instance), but I do enjoy these films and really look forward to what they have planned next.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Who cares? It's coming out buy it if you really want it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1