• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Media Blasters Anime Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:56 pm Reply with quote
TRSI shows the season 2 BD of Queen's Blade as "we'll get it for you", so I guess they're out too.
murph76

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:05 pm Reply with quote
I had to buy my copy from a marketplace vendor on Amazon, but I had put off buying the series until a few months ago. The DVD version still seems to be available, so that's something I guess.

Really, at this point I'm more curious about when we'll hear something from Sentai about QB: Rebellion. In April, it will be a year since they announced its acquisition.
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:38 pm Reply with quote
via Media Blasters Facebook page
Quote:
I would say the TV series would be same quality as Geneon but the OVA and Eikoden are remastered as I did them personally. We did new encodes and Eikoden will include music videos and other promo items not avail before.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:44 pm Reply with quote
http://www.media-blasters.com/main/index.php/the-news/811-mb-tries-to-clear-some-posts-up
Quote:
Pardon the Interruption for a message!
Friday, 08 March 2013 10:06

Hello Blaster Supporters!

We keep getting posts and emails about a few issues that the boss would like to clear up. Hoping this will clear up the clutter.

There are a few major questions we get asked and to clear them up we have to first give a little story. MB at its highest was at about 50 people and releasing 5 or more DVDs per month. Well as the home video industry went down so did MB in size and sales. A major issue at MB was a major back accident in the warehouse that slowed down my ability to manage the company and stopped me from travelling especially to Japan. Hence it threw the company into a major tailspin which culminated to a former boss of mine and business associate going around Japan showing a tax paper stating we were out of business than leading to the few remaining people in production leaving and no Japanese licensor wanting to work with us. I was actually personally planning to go on to Fever Dreams and produce films and let MB finish its last days. Well the whole situation upset me enough mainly cause MB did not go out on my terms. Hence I made a promise I would rebuild one last time while still trying to enjoy my love of film making with Fever Dreams. Belleville happened and the Factory was born! Like myself, left for dead and needing lots of work, it got me going and rebuilding. The ghosts are alive and well in the factory! 2013 is looking good!

But lots happen in between so finally to the meat of it.

1. Bakuman is no longer an MB title and any guesses of who or if it will be released is simply a guess.
  2. Sayonora Sensei and Moyashimon are titles that were once acquired and no plans to be released at this time. These titles can and may be licensed to another company.
  3. Godzilla and Toho, we do still control both titles and are still in negotiations to resolve issues with all the releases except for Godzilla vs. Megalon barebones edition. We are hoping it can be resolved in 2013.
  4. Many titles have expired and the list is too long here. Of the major ones, Kenshin and Berserk are no longer MB titles.
  5. The only labels MB will continue to acquire and release in for 2013 are AnimeWorks, Tokyo Shock and Kitty. In addition there will be a focus to produce and release original productions through Fever Dreams.
  6. Kitty is a major focus in 2013 with atleast one title per month and the Kitty site getting more content.
  7. We have focused once again on acquiring new titles and release them on DVD and through New Media as BD sales are just not there. SO AW and TS will have many announcements.
I believe this covers most of the bigger emails. If there are certain titles or issues you want addressed, please post on FB and we will try to answer them.

Thanks for the support and we will continue to announce new titles in 2013!

Our latest acquisition and soon to be released under Tokyo Shock label, Zombie 108!! Check out the trailer on YouTube.

-John Sirabella

EDIT: via Media Blasters Facebook page
Quote:
- Just one question. Are you going to release the second season of Squid Girl??

- I forgot and thank you for asking [name omitted], the answer is no but not by our choice. I hope that we can eventually get this resolved and going again. But for now do not look at it from us. In a sense we cleaned house in 2012 and everything is new and not continuations from previous series like QB. Another company picked that one up.
zrdb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm goddamn glad I've picked up all but one of the Media Blasters titles I wanted over the years.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Not listed @ TRSI yet, but here are the solicitation information for July (the actual MSRP could end in .99 rather than .98). Subtitled DVD releases as well.

• Super Robot Wars OG: Divine Wars - 780 minutes - $39.98 - 7/23/13
    - Number of Discs: 5
    - Includes All 26 Episodes
  • Super Robot Wars: Original Generation The Animation - 90 minutes - $14.98 - 7/23/13
    - Number of Discs: 1

Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone seen those titles? I'd be curious as to what people thought.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:02 pm Reply with quote
eh.....

It's good to see them holding on for life but WHY do they want Boys love titles... w

When they are talking about BD are they referring to ikamusume sales or something like queen's blade?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

Does it matter, I mean it's not like Media Blaster is ever going to release them, anyway. They'll just say they are, delay them 3 times and then cancel like they always do.... Razz
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

giant robot animes...
it is exactly what it looks like and exactly what you would expect; a mediocre mech pilot battle show.
if you like gundam you would like it but dont expect it to have any depth like a show similar to stellvia would.

OG, original generation are bandai's own 'in-house' created robots
they are kind of crappy but have a cult following due to the video game franchise.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:06 pm Reply with quote
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Does it matter, I mean it's not like Media Blaster is ever going to release them, anyway. They'll just say they are, delay them 3 times and then cancel like they always do.... Razz

A joke that's really getting old...

They are licensing contents and releasing them this year whether people chose to ignore them or not. Many of the past cancellations (could) have tie-ins with properties expiring. Some may say lack of capitol. Whatever the reason(s) could be, I think they are on the right track of rebuilding their anime catalog (as many were let go). We may not see cancellations for a (little) while. Whether people chose to believe that or not is their choice.

The two key concerns though remain though and that's with their home video distribution.
- Will all retailers get the new releases at the same time. Many of the 2013 releases have shipped early (1+ month early), but not to everyone.
- Next comes to home video replenishment. When will a back-ordered title really be replenished (good example is Magic Knight Rayearth Season 2)? You got a problem if you can't provide any sort of ETA on when a release can be pressed/shipped again. This area right now needs huge improvement.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:28 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

A joke that's sadly more truth then jest.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Double dipping on SRW! Can't wait!
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
WTK wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

A joke that's sadly more truth then jest.

More truth then jest? How? The 2013 solicited anime releases so far are getting released even with the weird distribution (of which still needs to be addressed as noted from my previous post).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 18