• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
.hack//Roots (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KuzuryuuTakumi

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:31 am Reply with quote
I hadn't watched any new episodes until a few days ago due to exams (damn them...) but heres what I think.

spoiler[Like Deltakiral said, I think the virus cores will transport them to some level where they may face off against Tri-edge.
One virus core seems to be missing though, Haseo has two, Shino has one, Tawaraya has one and Gord has one - altogether that's five and there are supposed to be six. Which means in the next episode they will be fighting for the last virus core.
Unless I overlooked something Laughing
As for the twin blade in purple, she looks like one of the characters who appears in G.Us trailers (i think she's the one that Haseo decapitates after interrogating her about Tri-edge Anime smallmouth )]

I have nothing more to say except bring on ep9
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:02 am Reply with quote
Something I found interesting thus far with this series, why isn't anyone talking about it? I mean beside KuzuryuuTakumi and myself it doesn't seem like there is anyone else even interested in this series. Is anyone else watching it? Are you not watching this series because you were discourage by either SIGN, or LOTT? Or is that because of other shows (Melancholy, Witchblade, etc) you have not had a chance to view the series thus far. Some feedback would be most appreciated.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Mylene

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:41 am Reply with quote
Quite simply, I'm waiting for the show to be licensed. If that doesn't happen, then at the very least, I'm waiting for some higher quality fansubs than what I've found thus far. By the time Shinsen started doing a bit of work on it, I'd already see the Lu Perry and some other version of the show, and wasn't particularly pleased with what I had seen. I have faith that this one will be brought over as well (I mean, LOTT made it over, and it was awful, imo), so I figure I'll just be patient.

Besides, with .hack//SIGN it was much nicer to be able to see a few episodes at a time, rather than just a single every week or so. With the slow-moving plot that the .hack shows seem to have, it's rather necessary to have a few episodes built up to get full enjoyment, or at least that's the way it is for me.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Mylene wrote:
I have faith that this one will be brought over as well (I mean, LOTT made it over, and it was awful, imo), so I figure I'll just be patient.
I have no doubt in my mind that this series will be stateside sometime in the near future. Easy on the LOTT that may not be the best series ever, but for the gamer that put in 80 hours to beat all 4 games that series is an interesting look at the characters that we had grown to love. Even if they were all Chibit looking.

Juicy is the best word to describe episode nine of .hack/root. A very interesting episode from a fan side, because there is a bit of escape from the dialogue heavy (Although that why I like this show) that is normally fills the show. Anyhow spoiler through episode 9
spoiler[Wow, well looks like someone was right with the whole Tri-edge angle nice call KuzuryuuTakumi. I always figure that he (is he a He, maybe an it I guess) would show up towards the end to beat up on Haseo. Anyhow back to the summary, a big battle takes place at TaN and Twilight beat up one another. Finally we see that Ovan can damn well kick some a$$, which is good to know that he isn't one of the silent type who isn't good at the game.]
This is one of those series that would be a lot better to watch in bulk, that would be awesome to get a brick set of this. But I am so addicted to this show I can't wait for each new episode.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
KuzuryuuTakumi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:23 am Reply with quote
I was right? Shocked Damn, I wasn't expecting that...

Yep, that episode is easily the most action packed one yet, and there should be more in the next one, so I can't wait either Cool

spoiler[I have one problem, at the start of the episode, they show Tri-edge warping into that field, right where the virus cores are used, so where did he go for the rest of the episode?
As for Ovan, rather than standing around looking cool, he gets to look cool beating up Ender and even if his action scene was extremely short, it should keep Ovan fans happy Laughing

Now, heres my prediction of how the plot will go from here (based partly on info gathered from dothackers.net)
Ovan's guild faces off against TaN while Ovan himself explores the dungeon. He may or may not find the Key of The Twilight, but I'm certain he'll run into Tri-edge. Perhaps the Twilight Brigade comes to help him and then Shino gets DataDrained. From then onwards, I can see the Twilight Brigade disbanding and Haseo moving on to become the "Terror of Death". ]

Well, that's my opinion - and now I'm waiting for ep10 Cool
KuzuryuuTakumi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Bah! There goes my theory - now I have to come up with a new one Laughing
spoiler[Seriously though, Naobi pulled one over on Ovan, and I don't think anyone saw that coming...
Now, Naobi is the one who told Ovan about the Key of the Twilight being a bracelet and the Ultimate AI - how on earth could he have known that? Seriously, who is he? I like my Kite theory, but I doubt it (although it would be cool Cool )
Also, in G.U, Ovan has been missing for some time, along with Shino - could it be that Naobi keeps Ovan for such a long period of time?]

No theories from me at the moment, exams have killed my brain Laughing

I'll have more when I come up with it Cool
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:06 am Reply with quote
I just finished with episode 10 and I don't know about this series anymore. There are definetly some strange angles that don't make much sense, I wonder how this will tie together in the end. Anyways spoiler throught 10spoiler[The whole discussion of the Key with Ovan and Naobi has me convinced that Naobi is someone from the original version of the game. Ovan is definetly from the new game, I don't think that Naobi is Kite it really isn't what Kite would be doing. Next now with Ovan out of the picture we can see how Shino and Haseo relationship will begin to build as shown with the bridge (waterfall) scene. Back to theory, I really don't know if Naobi is anyone (that we met) in the original game/series, there really isn't anyone that fits him. I know people have been saying that Sora could be it, but I doubt that he wants anything to with the Key after what happened to him.]
All I can say is I hope the following episode bring this show back to the good old days when things made some sense.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Fui

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Something I found interesting thus far with this series, why isn't anyone talking about it?

Just a guess but...because nothing ever happens in the series?

I think the ones that people are currently following are: The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, School Rumble Nigakki, Ouran High School Host Club, Fate/Stay Night, and maybe Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni or xxxHolic (note: I haven't seen half of em). Still, with the fan following of the entire .hack// series (including games) you'd expect more buzz around it. "Let's look for the Key of Twilight." "Let's spy on the Twilight Brigade." "Hm...the [insert TaN or Twilight Brigade] seems to be moving..." is like the most eventful thing I can think of, but I quit watching it around 8. Maybe it's aimed for //sign fans, which I couldn't stand either because it was just...so...slow.

...za warudo! ザ ワルド! 
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Fui wrote:
The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, School Rumble Nigakki, Ouran High School Host Club, Fate/Stay Night, and maybe Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni or xxxHolic (note: I haven't seen half of em)

You can add Nana to that list. It is pretty good thus far, and a good addition to the vast (or not so vast) library of Shoujo Titles. Although it isn't as addicting as Haruhi or Higurashi.

I personally haven't watched //sign, but seeing as how the last .hack anime series was, IMO, not good at all, I don't really have the motivation to see this new one. Plus, Kajiura Yuki isn't doing the soundtrack...
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:08 am Reply with quote
Ok so I got to the newest episode of Root
spoiler[Anyways after all the fighting and everything else that happened in the last couple of episodes we get one of those discussion episode as everyone in Twilight is trying to deal with the aftermath of not having Ovan. Things are getting a little bit interesting with all the different things occuring within TAN, seeing as how there is a split between two different groups within TAN. Something that was odd is how it was basically announce that there was no Key of the twilight, and to that effect Ovan will never come back.
One thing that is bugging me is that Naobi is obviously someone from the old version of the game but yet there really isn't a hint yet. I guess only time will tell.]

Till next time,

Delta Kiral
KuzuryuuTakumi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:25 am Reply with quote
Ok, I finally got around to watching the new episodes, and things have returned to SIGNs slow pacing Laughing

spoiler[The Naobi and Ender PC bodies were Yata and Pai's second characters to conduct investigations into Ovan and the Twilight Brigade as TaN. And, to top it off, Tawaraya is held responsible and his account is suspended Laughing
In ep 12, we see Yata break through the lock on Ovans arm which bursts open - do you think that might have something to do with Tri-edges sudden attack on Shino? (I say this because up to now, Tri-edge has been shown doing nothing except either floating or looking around - and out of nowhere he's going to DD Shino in ep 13 Shocked )]

Deltakiral wrote:
spoiler[Something that was odd is how it was basically announce that there was no Key of the twilight, and to that effect Ovan will never come back. ]

spoiler[I think that Shino basically gave them the best answers that she could come up with in that situation - after all, everyone, especially Sakisaka, was wondering about what happened. Phyllo knows something but I'm not sure if he told Shino about it, so maybe that has something to do with her announcement.
Finally, about Naobi/Yata, who he was previously remains unknown, but I don't think they're going to tell us anytime soon. Confused ]
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Please note that my spoiler contain information from the game that takes place after Root. If you don't want to be spoiled please do not read ahead.
KuzuryuuTakumi wrote:
spoiler[do you think that might have something to do with Tri-edges sudden attack on Shino? (I say this because up to now, Tri-edge has been shown doing nothing except either floating or looking around - and out of nowhere he's going to DD Shino in ep 13 Shocked )]

You know I kinda think that there is a possiblity of Shino gettingspoiler[ data drain this early. However it seems like that with another 13 episodes Haseo would be just leveling up and becoming super strong, that may become a little boring. I hope there is another couple of episode dealing with Shino and Haseo relationship. That way when in fact when Shino does get DD we will see how Haseo cares so much for someone, and why is action reflect his feelings. Back to OVAN, the whole arm light thing bugs me. I mean I know that Ovan in the game still has that beastly arm thing on and yet now it's being unlock. I quest that perhaps it might have to do with Haseo becoming super strong if it doesn't summon Tri-edge.] It will still be interesting nonetheless even though I kinda hope the latter occurs instead of that of the former. Also I am pretty sure that this thing is going to licensed, why no word yet? Maybe it's like the whole FMP, maybe a different company may get the rights to this series.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Ok so we hit the midpoint in this series and it looks like we finally have that action/something happening like everyone has been wondering. Spoiler through 13 spoiler[Shino finally gets Data Drain, and that last 5 minutes were so well done. Music was spot on and capture the moment and fury of those last scene. Couple things to note, did it not seem like Shino knew her fate was coming soon? I mean she talking about how when I am gone, and tell Haseo this and that. Also the preview seem to sugguest that Haseo is going to start that transformation into the PKK, also did everyone else notice Ovan? What the hell he just shows up after all the bad times pass or what? It will be interesting to see how this series now progress without Shino who was really carrying all the Male characters.
One last thing before I close this sucker, it was odd how tabby and (her master name who has an impossible name to spell) just kinda up and quit. Tabby really made an interesting comment about being Haseo rival, anyone else reading more into this? Maybe she won't quit who knows.
]

Finally it seems like I am pump and can't wait until next Wednesday for .hack/Root! WOO!
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
KuzuryuuTakumi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Psyched eh? I too thought the DD scene with Shino was brilliantly handled - quite emotionally charged (I need to wipe a tear Cool )
About Shino predicting her "demise" - I thought that too - Shino continually asked Phyllo to look after Haseo after she had gone Shocked Plus, was she called to Grima Lowe Cathedral by Tri-edge? And he was there so why didn't Tri-edge attack Haseo?
I was expecting Sakisaka to quit the game, and that was also handled realistically - reminds me of how I quit FFXI Laughing.
About the next episode, besides Haseo becoming the terror of death, we have what looked like Phyllo being attacked by Tri-edge, and more of Ovan who seems to have escaped from Pai and Yata Shocked Moreover, his arm is sealed once more!
What I'm looking forward to now is how Haseo goes about gathering information about Tri-edge and how exactly he becomes so powerful. I really don't know if that power comes from a high level - other PKs should at least be a match for him but from G.U it seems that no-one stands a chance against him Rolling Eyes]

Now, I'm really looking forward to the next episode Laughing
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:00 pm Reply with quote
KuzuryuuTakumi wrote:
spoiler[Psyched eh? I too thought the DD scene with Shino was brilliantly handled - quite emotionally charged (I need to wipe a tear Cool )
About Shino predicting her "demise" - I thought that too - Shino continually asked Phyllo to look after Haseo after she had gone Shocked Plus, was she called to Grima Lowe Cathedral by Tri-edge? And he was there so why didn't Tri-edge attack Haseo? ]

One thing that I forgot to mention was that when spoiler[we first see tri-edge in this episode he is walking around in a giant grid. Then we see him smooth out a rough zone on the grid and then Shino knew she was summon? As for Tri-edge not attacking Haseo, I think that Tri-edge attacks for a certain reason it looks as if his targets are planned and everything that he does occurs for some reason. ]

KuzuryuuTakumi wrote:
Now, I'm really looking forward to the next episode Laughing
Yea I know things are starting to look up for the Root fans.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6