• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lem

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:44 pm Reply with quote

my January pre-order of the Patlabor OVA blu showed up yesterday. It looks and sounds great. Crisp and clean. 7 eps & a preview for Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 (which is one I went into blind and really really enjoyed at an emotional level) are what's on it. Can't wait to see the Patlabor TV on blu.

*today I also went lookin' for more Patlabor stuff at Amazon Japan and ended up ordering Porco Rosso on blu for 7,032 (¥5032 + 2000 EMS shipping/$70.70)

Last edited by lem on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:26 pm Reply with quote
I had a fabulous day at the comic shop! A routine 50% off sale (which includes manga, which is all I really needed anyway). In a rare twist, I actually found what I was looking for! Then I found several ongoing volumes I needed!

07 Ghost 3
Blue Exorcist 9
Bokurano 8
Unico

Unico, if anyone here knows me, is of course what I would've gone in there for! And it was there! Normally, the laws of the universe don't allow for a haul like this to happen! For anyone curious, it is a small book! It's a bit shorter than a standard manga size (standard being the size Blue Exorcist was). Clearly it is also a thick book (400 pages), and the price is because it is a full color book. This and ComicsOne's Joan are the only full color manga that have come out here that I am aware of.
Also, the time might've come to re-organize my Tezuka shelf. Thing is near full to bursting!
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I am really looking forward to watching a pretty release of Patlabor. And though I do like the TV series a lot (especially the stand-alone episode), what I'm really thinking of here is of course the OVA.
It looks as if mine will arrive on Monday morning. Monday night I will definitely be declaring a Condition Green and popping it in the player!
fireaxe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Just received Hanasaku Iroha BD volumes 3 to 6 earlier this week, which means that I now own the complete set. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:16 am Reply with quote
Just ordered The second set to Tiger and Bunny and The first Set to Rose of Versailles. Very Happy
rheiders

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I just made what is perhaps the most important purchase of my entire life--the unparalleled animated MASTERWORK, Garzey's Wing. For around $3 because God knows it's not worth more than that xD

Joking aside, I got it because my friends and I are planning a "so bad it's good" night and I thought this would fit in nicely. Should be fun.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:17 pm Reply with quote
rheiders wrote:
I just made what is perhaps the most important purchase of my entire life--the unparalleled animated MASTERWORK, Garzey's Wing. For around $3 because God knows it's not worth more than that xD

It's part of my "unholy trifecta", along with Eiken and Mad Bull 34! All fantastic for a night of terrible anime for sure!
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:06 pm Reply with quote
New day, new post I suppose.

Suncoast (the few that still exist, though it generally has all the same sales an FYE might) had pretty much all the Funi SAVE titles on sale. I'd been eyeing Linebarrels of Iron for a while (I love the character art the guy does, don't ask) so yeah, about $16 after tax. I hope they'll put more SAVE stuff on sale for when Birdy and Phantom come out.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:19 am Reply with quote
My Sentai BD set of Kids on the Slope arrived yesterday. For those worried about potential licensing issues with the (classical jazz) music, I watched the first two episodes and all the music seems to be there, intact.
Botan24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:23 am Reply with quote
A quick trip to the bookstore:

Oresama Teacher volume 6
The Story of Saiunkoku volume 9
geishageek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:49 am Reply with quote
Just got my shipping notice from Rightstuf for the first set of Rose of Versailles. I cannot wait for that to arrive and gaze at its wonderment and awesomeness. Wink
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:12 pm Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:
Just got my shipping notice from Rightstuf for the first set of Rose of Versailles. I cannot wait for that to arrive and gaze at its wonderment and awesomeness. Wink

Sweet! Mine says "reserved for your order", but that's because I put Atomcat and Colorful movie on there too, so it must be waiting on that. But I'm glad to know the moment has almost arrived!
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Strange that Amazon is now showing the Nausicaa manga box set as in stock (cheap too!), but RightStuf isn't. I wonder if that means that some RightStuf back-orders can look to be filled in the very near future?

(And just when I'd given up on my RightStuf order, and ordered from overseas too — Curses! Oh well, at least I basically only paid U.S. MRRP.)
murph76

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote
@ailblentyn: According to Facebook, it just arrived.
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, murph! I guess I'll have two copies then. One for me, and one as a present for someone special when he's old enough.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1033 of 1399