• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[JP/HK/TW/KR] DVD/Blu-ray Release List with [EngSub] and/or [EngDub]

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supercreep

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:25 am Reply with quote
Hopefully they'll get to Spirited Away one of these days.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:37 pm Reply with quote
[JP BD] Puella Magi Madoka Magica Movies 1 & 2 [EngSub]

EngSub on Blu-ray confirmed by RightStuf.com (they are releasing it almost a week later: July 30th instead of July 24th).

Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie Blu-ray (S) (Import)
http://www.rightstuf.com/i/ansx31313132 | MSRP: $109.98. Your Price: $89.98
Quote:
Contains both Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie Part 1 -Beginnings- and Part 2 -Eternal- plus a special postcard (US exclusive).

Special Features: -Beginnings- Audio Commentary (Aoi Yuki, Chiwa Saito, Kaori Mizuhashi and Eri Kitamura), -Eternal- Audio Commentary (Aoi Yuki, Chiwa Saito, Ai Nonaka and Emiri Kato), Textless Opening and Ending, Commercials, Theatrical Trailer.

Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles, Japanese subtitles, French subtitles, Spanish subtitles, Chinese subtitles, Korean subtitles.

Note: special features are not subtitled.

Due to licensing and contract restrictions, this product can be sold and shipped to the US, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Central America and South America only. This product cannot be shipped to Japan. All sales are final. It may be returned for an exchange if defective, but unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie Blu-ray (S) Collector's Edition (Import) +CD
http://www.rightstuf.com/i/anzx31313133 | MSRP: $129.98. Your Price: $104.98
Quote:
Contains both Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie Part 1 -Beginnings- and Part 2 -Eternal- plus exclusive new cover art, a deluxe booklet, the original soundtrack CD, a US-exclusive English translation booklet for the deluxe booklet and a US-exclusive special postcard.

Special Features: -Beginnings- Audio Commentary (Aoi Yuki, Chiwa Saito, Kaori Mizuhashi and Eri Kitamura), -Eternal- Audio Commentary (Aoi Yuki, Chiwa Saito, Ai Nonaka and Emiri Kato), Textless Opening and Ending, Commercials, Theatrical Trailer.

Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles, Japanese subtitles, French subtitles, Spanish subtitles, Chinese subtitles, Korean subtitles.

Note: special features are not subtitled.

Due to licensing and contract restrictions, this product can be sold and shipped to the US, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Central America and South America only. This product cannot be shipped to Japan. All sales are final. It may be returned for an exchange if defective, but unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote
[JP BD] Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 [EngSub]

via Amazon Japan
  • Vol.6 (eps 19-22): 7/26
  • Vol.7 <final> (eps 23-26): 9/25
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Bandai Visual updated their Macross Plus Blu-ray page...English subtitles are going to be included with the Movie Edition.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:08 pm Reply with quote
One of the few times that BV updated on English language specs. The last was probably Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199.

So the quick round-up is OVA includes EngDub and now Movie Edition includes EngSub.

http://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/index?act=detail&ino=BCXA-0719
Quote:
OVA全4話 ※日本語オリジナル音声に加え、英語吹替版音声を収録(日本語字幕ON/OFF可能)
●「MACROSS PLUS MOVIE EDITION」 ※オリジナルサラウンド音声に加え、新規5.1ch音声収録(英語字幕ON/OFF可能
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:44 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
[HK] Wolf Children Ame and Yuki [EngSub?]

There are mixed reports on what format really includes EngSub or not.

Buyoyo.com | April 19th, 2013
  • ALL (only 2-Disc DVD mentions EngSub)

Play-Asia.com | April 19th, 2013

YesAsia.com | DVD: April 15th, 2013; Blu-ray: April 2nd, 2013

I got an update on the subtitle situation.
Quote:
DVD includes Eng sub but BD doesn’t have Eng sub.

So EngSub on the 2 DVD editions, but no EngSub on BD.

EDIT: My previous confirmation on no EngSub for BD was from DDDHouse.com via email (they had supposedly checked with the distributor).

Here is the latest update on the EngSub. NeoVision's online store (iAnime) finally has their listings up. The 2 DVD listings and 1 BD listing mention EngSub. YesAsia.com has also posted back covers confirming the EngSub for the 2 DVD listings.

iAnime (all three below lists EngSub)

Buyoyo.com
  • ALL (only 2-Disc DVD lists EngSub)

Play-Asia.com (all three below list EngSub)

YesAsia.com (all three below now list EngSub; back covers for both DVD releases posted)

Last edited by WTK on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
supercreep

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:28 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
One of the few times that BV updated on English language specs. The last was probably Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199.

So the quick round-up is OVA includes EngDub and now Movie Edition includes EngSub.

http://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/index?act=detail&ino=BCXA-0719
Quote:
OVA全4話 ※日本語オリジナル音声に加え、英語吹替版音声を収録(日本語字幕ON/OFF可能)
●「MACROSS PLUS MOVIE EDITION」 ※オリジナルサラウンド音声に加え、新規5.1ch音声収録(英語字幕ON/OFF可能

So even though CD Japan does not currently reflect some of this info I should still be able to pre-order from them with peace of mind, yes?
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:04 pm Reply with quote
supercreep wrote:
So even though CD Japan does not currently reflect some of this info I should still be able to pre-order from them with peace of mind, yes?

There shouldn't be any issues coming from Bandai Visaul. But in reality, specs are subjected to change. EngSub and EngDub options sometimes gets added or subtracted later on (with or without notice).
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quote
[JP BD] Ghost in the Shell: ARISE [EngSub]

Bandai Visual has updated the specs for Vol.1 BD. It now includes English, Traditional Chinese, and Japanese subs.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:28 pm Reply with quote
^ Ain't even gonna think about importing that one. GitS is such a huge property around the world that it's not even a question if it'll eventually get dubbed or not.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Manga Entertainment themselves put up the money for the dub. That series is pretty much their baby, after all.
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:34 am Reply with quote
Good grief, do you check the websites for every anime in existence for this kind of information? The list is amazing. How do you know all English-friendly Japanese releases are accounted for?

Also, who do I need to contact in the companies to request subtitles for future titles (come on, Steins;Gate movie!!)?
WTK

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:14 am Reply with quote
^

The list is still incomplete. The info started initially from tables from AnimeOnDVD.com (before converting to Mania.com). The information in the recent years are fairly accurate. Ones from the early years can be iffy, but many of those are OOP. The Korean release section needs to double checked whenever I get around to it.

And EngSub for future releases isn't really something you can request. You can certainly contact (usually have to be in Japanese though) the respective distributor to see if it will be included though (most releases don't include EngSub).
WTK

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:55 am Reply with quote

[JP] The Fantastic Adventures of Unico (movie) | July 23rd

EngSub and EngDub included on Blu-ray and DVD. Additional confirmations from Kinokuniya: Blu-ray & DVD

Amazon Japan listings:
- Blu-ray: 3150yen
- DVD: 1890yen

[JP] Unico in the Island of Magic (movie) | July 23rd

EngSub and EngDub included on Blu-ray and DVD. Additional confirmations from Kinokuniya: Blu-ray & DVD

Amazon Japan listings:
- Blu-ray: 3150yen
- DVD: 1890yen

Quick note: Sirius no Densetsu (Sea Prince and the Fire Child) is also getting released on the same day (Blu-ray & DVD), but EngSub and/or EngDub are not included.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh. I do believe I rented that on VHS as a child, from the same place we rented The Last Unicorn as it happens.
I remember nothing about it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:57 pm Reply with quote
[KR BD] A Letter to Momo [EngSub]

via movie4989.com | May 30th via DS Media | Packaging shots

Language: Korean, Japanese
Subtitles: Korean, English, Japanese

33,000 South Korean Won
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 42