• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Listen now to the Brazilian version for Pegasus Fantasy ver. Omega

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know when the Mexican/Latin American version come out? Very Happy
Winger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Well, this dub will be great.

Saint Seiya has a very good status in Brazil, and only for that, they dub Saint Seiya series in the country so fast. And now with Toei making good jobs in Brazil and Latin American, this dub will be very good.

But unfortunaly, Toei Animation only have good results in Brazil with Saint Seiya and Dragon Ball, in the last year, they was negociating a new One Piece dub in Brazil, but the brazilian channels didn't have any interest to broadcast One Piece in Brazil with a new dub(the old dub is based on 4Kids version, and for that, brazilian One Piece dub sucks).
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote
trunkschan90 wrote:
Anyone know when the Mexican/Latin American version come out? Very Happy

I'm pretty sure I'd heard it somewhere when the Latino Dub voices where announced but now I can't find it anywhere. I think the original interpreter reprised, and I remember it sounded nostalgically beautiful, but now there's another version floating around with different interpreters that doesn't sound so cool. :S

Edit: Found it Very Happy It's hard to make it out since the dub voices are all over it but I think it is the original interpreter? I could be wrong
http://universosaintseiya.com/presentacionvocesomegalatino
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:11 am Reply with quote
It's cool to see Brazil is still in the anime scene. I thought anime is not being relevant due to the popularity of Korean pop culture (drama, and pop music). Nice to see Japan still want audiences in South America to watch anime despite the Korean wave is still being mainstream over in South America.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Winger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Taurus Harbinger's voice actor is Ricardo Juarez, brazilian Johnny Bravo's VA:

http://www.cavzodiaco.com.br/noticia/30/04/2013/omega_ricardo_juarez_e_o_dublador_brasileiro_do_harbinger_de_touro
Winger

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:33 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
It's cool to see Brazil is still in the anime scene. I thought anime is not being relevant due to the popularity of Korean pop culture (drama, and pop music). Nice to see Japan still want audiences in South America to watch anime despite the Korean wave is still being mainstream over in South America.

Ehh...not.

The Korean Culture isn't so popular in Brazil, only Gangnam Style had some sucess here.

Anime and Japanese Culture are more popular than Korean culture in Brazil.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Winger wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

Ehh...not.

The Korean Culture isn't so popular in Brazil, only Gangnam Style had some sucess here.

Anime and Japanese Culture are more popular than Korean culture in Brazil.

uh, that's not possible K-pop is mainstream in all of South America that include Brazil. I talked to other Brazilians online and they confirmed K-pop is like very big over there and all of Latin America that include Mexico and Brazil. For example, I was told this:

Diii on Soompi wrote:
I'm from brazil and i was really surprise by how Kpop music are getting more and more notice every day, on every friday kpop videos pass on MTV Brazil, and what was more surprise, when i went to the mall i saw 2NE1's mv passing in every eletronic store.I wish Kpop's band come to Brazil soon! Fighting

There was this video this person from Brazil uploaded showing Girls Generation MVs playing on a LG TV in a Brazilian store. I did also recalled seeing a Brazilian TV talking about K-pop like this music channel in Brazil for example. Also the same channel talked about BigBang's Seungri. Also this Korean program talked about Hallyu in Brazil. I saw another program about Hallyu in Brazil and I saw what looks like a Brazilian store selling K-pop CDs.

I also recalled MBLAQ went to Brazil and looks like there were a lot of fans down there according to this Korean news video. A Brazilian TV also interviewed MBLAQ, hard to say Korean pop is not popular when MBLAQ is interviewed by a Brazilian media. MBLAQ also talked about the Hallyu wave in Brazil. Looks like you're missing out on the Hallyu.

When Cube Entertainment held United Cube concert in Brazil (which had 4minute, G. Na, and BEAST performing), the Brazilian media seem to report on the concert. That concert in Brazil proves to be successful, because of this Cube Entertainment have started to distribute and sell their K-pop band albums over there. Again, how could Korean culture not be popular when 4minute, BEAST, and G. NA had a concert in Brazil in 2011.

2 members of ZE:A went to Brazil for a program called Star Date. You can watch the video on Youtube. Again, if Korean culture is not popular why would ZE:A Kevin and Dongjun traveled to Brazil.

Junsu of JYJ performed in Brazil, this concert attracted a lot of fans in Brazil. I don't see any proof that Korean culture is not popular in Brazil when Junsu did a concert in Brazil.

Another K-pop concert happened in Brazil on Feb 24 of this year. It featured Ailee and Kim Hyun Joong. Turns out Kim Hyun Joong has a lot of fans in Brazil.

Also Super Junior not long ago had performed a concert in Brazil, which by the way sold out which doesn't surprise me because Super Junior is very popular and well-known in all of South America. Brazil has the biggest Super Junior fans in all of South America, that's a lot of ELFs. Very Happy

Super Junior was kind enough to donate 2,000 shirts to their Brazilian fans.

Hard to say Brazil don't like Korean culture after seeing # of K-pop concerts over there and how K-pop get a lot of publicity in Brazil unlike J-pop. There's an interesting article about the Hallyu wave in Brazil. Another article I read about K-drama in South America, it looks like Brazil is going to broadcast it's first K-drama on TV. I'll quote this:

Quote:
in addition, a single-episode length of the drama Queen of Housewives was also dubbed in Portuguese, becoming the first Korean soap opera to be dubbed in the language, to be aimed at the Brazilian market.

The dubbed episode will be used for promotional purposes at Forum Brasil TV 2013, a major international TV production market to be held in Sao Paulo, Brazil in June. Forum Brazil TV is one of the biggest TV markets in Latin America. So far, most Korean broadcasters and drama producers have provided content only in Spanish for the Latin American market.

If Korean culture is not popular, then why would there be K-pop concerts in Brazil, and why does Super Junior have more fans in Brazil then any other South American countries, and why do Korean and Brazilian programs seem to show proof that Korean culture is getting big in Brazil. Hard to say Korean culture is not popular in Brazil when these program proves it and several K-pop concerts have been sold out.

Last edited by mdo7 on Wed May 01, 2013 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:55 pm Reply with quote
^I really don't get what's your fixation with K-Pop's popularity. So K-Pop is more popular than J-Pop... and...?
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:21 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
^I really don't get what's your fixation with K-Pop's popularity. So K-Pop is more popular than J-Pop... and...?

Winger said Korean culture is not popular in Brazil which is not possible because several Brazilians that can speak English I talked to online said K-pop and Korean culture is becoming more mainstream in Brazil. Youtube videos and information about Hallyu around the world that include K-pop concerts in Brazil kinda proves it. I thought the dude didn't pay attention about the K-pop and hallyu scene and didn't take notice of K-pop concerts that Brazil had. What you have problem with K-pop, and I don't see the problem with J-pop trying to replicate the same success like K-pop, wouldn't you want AKB48 and EXILE getting the same level of popularity outside of Japan/Asia as Girls Generation and Super Junior?

EDIT: I also like to add that part of the Brazilian rainforest will be named after Seo Taiji. Still think Brazil don't like Korean culture, Winger??
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:27 pm Reply with quote
But that's my point. He wrote a one-liner "It isn't that popular", and you go and make a huge-ass wall of text to counter him? You seem to be obsessed with proving to the world that K-Pop is really popular. We know, so what? I really don't get why it was even relevant to bring it up in a thread about Saint Seiya, a property that everyone knows to be insanely popular in Latin America
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:39 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
But that's my point. He wrote a one-liner "It isn't that popular", and you go and make a huge-ass wall of text to counter him? You seem to be obsessed with proving to the world that K-Pop is really popular. We know, so what? I really don't get why it was even relevant to bring it up in a thread about Saint Seiya, a property that everyone knows to be insanely popular in Latin America

I'm not obsessed, I just thought he may not have noticed, a lot of people in the US didn't even know about the hallyu even after Gangnam Style became big. Heck, some of my friends that know Gangnam Style didn't even know Girls Generation or K-dramas until I showed it to them, there's probably a lot of people that don't know about K-pop beside Gangnam Style (although I have seen people ending up listening to Girls Generation and Super Junior thanks to Gangnam Style). I'm sorry I went off-topic, but I thought the dude sort of not know about K-pop or hallyu, I've seen J-pop fans not knowing anything about hallyu or Girls Generation at all. Heck I met anime fans that didn't even know BoA and TVXQ/Tohoshinki are Korean when they are not Japanese, those fans thought BoA and TVXQ are from Japan when they're from Korea and not know it. I'm aware Saint Seiya is popular in South America, so is K-drama and K-pop.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:55 pm Reply with quote
And again, so what? I don't know a single one of those groups you mention, except for BoA. Doesn't that misprove your point, and show that K-Pop isn't as mainstream as you assume it is? Its popularity is undeniable -many of my friends are fans of Korean stuff- but you seem to be in a crusade to educate Anime and J-Pop fans on K-pop stuff, because -as you say it yourself- it's apparently very mistifying that J-Pop fans don't know anything about K-Pop, and I seriously don't understand why you need to do this
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:07 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
And again, so what? I don't know a single one of those groups you mention, except for BoA. Doesn't that misprove your point, and show that K-Pop isn't as mainstream as you assume it is? Its popularity is undeniable -many of my friends are fans of Korean stuff- but you seem to be in a crusade to educate Anime and J-Pop fans on K-pop stuff, because -as you say it yourself- it's apparently very mistifying that J-Pop fans don't know anything about K-Pop, and I seriously don't understand why you need to do this

I met anime fans that don't even know what Crunchyroll is and I was surprised when they told me "what's Crunchyroll?". I was shocked because I thought all anime fans would know what Crunchyroll is, and turns out that there are anime fans that don't know what Crunchyroll is at all. Dude, there's a lot of people that don't know everything that include anime fans. I met anime fans that didn't even know BoA and TVXQ were Korean, I met anime fans that don't know what Crunchyroll is, and I'm not making this up this really happen when I talked to anime fans, they didn't even know about Crunchyroll at all. So I thought Winger may not have listen to K-pop or took notice of the Korean Wave.

Would you be surprised if there are anime fans that didn't know what Crunchyroll is or didn't know that BoA or TVXQ were Korean? Because I met those people and you didn't so you have no idea what I went through. That's the reason I wanted to correct Winger, I thought he may not be a K-pop fans and may not have noticed how popular/mainstream Hallyu/Korean Wave is in South America and Brazil. So what's wrong with me correcting Winger?
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Would you be surprised if there are anime fans that didn't know what Crunchyroll is or didn't know that BoA or TVXQ were Korean

Not at all. I know plenty of anime fans who've never heard of CR. It's not that big outside of NA because of region limitations. And I myself didn't learn that BoA were Korean until, maybe, 6 months ago, I don't even know what TVXQ is. So no, I wouldn't be surprised, yet you make it sound like it caused you a psychological trauma.

Did you know that Tetsuya Kakihara, Fairy Tail's Natsu's VA, is German-born? Or that Yuna Ito was born in Los Angeles and raised in Hawaii? Would you be surprised if there are anime fans that didn't know this? No anime fan knows everything there is to know about anime, and I don't get how you expect anyone to do so.

My point was not that you shouldn't "correct" Winger. It's that you seem to feel the need to bring up the Korean explosion, even if it has nothing to do with the topic. And really, did you really need to write that wall of text to correct him? Just a brief paragraph would've been more than enough, there was no need to make a breakdown of K-Pop's history in Brazil to reply to just a one-liner.

Also, K-Pop and Anime are not even remotely the same thing, not even related, so why should your average anime fan be knowledgeable in K-Pop culture, like, at all?
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:52 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

Not at all. I know plenty of anime fans who've never heard of CR. It's not that big outside of NA because of region limitations. And I myself didn't learn that BoA were Korean until, maybe, 6 months ago, I don't even know what TVXQ is. So no, I wouldn't be surprised, yet you make it sound like it caused you a psychological trauma.

See if you didn't know BoA was Korean like until 6 months ago. Isn't it possible Winger may not have known about K-pop being popular in Brazil because I assume he may not have known (or even listen to) Girls Generation or Super Junior.

Look to be honest with you, I myself became a K-pop fans just few months ago if it hasn't been for Girls Generation (Gangnam Style wasn't the one that got me into dancing). It was SNSD that got me into K-pop and it got me back into dancing, I haven't dance for 7 years since high school since the music coming out in the US has went downhill (there's only quite a few good western singers these day) and the dance in US pop music just not that good, K-pop dancing take dance up the next level. I thank K-pop for getting me back into dancing, and K-pop is a breath of fresh air for me.

I was by the way shocked how K-pop and K-drama is popular around the world. I was even shocked K-pop has taken over South America including Brazil.

Quote:
Did you know that Tetsuya Kakihara, Fairy Tail's Natsu's VA, is German-born? Or that Yuna Ito was born in Los Angeles and raised in Hawaii? Would you be surprised if there are anime fans that didn't know this? No anime fan knows everything there is to know about anime, and I don't get how you expect anyone to do so.

Yes I'm aware of those. I would love to see Yuna Ito to do a Korean-language album since she's half-Korean and she can get more attention outside of Asia beyond anime fans if she does a Korean language songs.

Quote:
My point was not that you shouldn't "correct" Winger. It's that you seem to feel the need to bring up the Korean explosion, even if it has nothing to do with the topic. And really, did you really need to write that wall of text to correct him? Just a brief paragraph would've been more than enough, there was no need to make a breakdown of K-Pop's history in Brazil to reply to just a one-liner.

Also, K-Pop and Anime are not even remotely the same thing, not even related, so why should your average anime fan be knowledgeable in K-Pop culture, like, at all?

I know, then again I know K-pop fans that don't even know who AKB48 are since some K-pop fans don't listen to J-pop. I like to also add I know K-pop fans that are also anime fans (I'm one of them) so they would know more about both Japan and Korea. I know it was a little excessive to put every history of K-pop in Brazil and I apologize, but I felt it was very important for Winger to know this because a person that doesn't know about hallyu/Korean Wave/K-pop explosion may not have taken notice of it already. As I said, I didn't know how popular K-pop and K-drama was around the world until I found out few months ago, I didn't even know Girls Generation was famous around the world until I read more about them, I did a lot of research into the Korean Wave and the K-pop explosion, I was shocked that K-pop was the first Asian pop to break the language barrier at a massive level, not even J-pop couldn't achieve what K-pop did. So it's possible Winger may not have known about K-pop popularity in South America hence why I have to put all the evidence on there.

Can we just end this conversation? I think this is enough for my explanation. Let just wait for Winger to reply and see what he has to say.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2