• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: IG, Geneon to Make French Music Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pwolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:06 am Reply with quote
if i'm not mistaken, at the Production IG Panel at Anime Expo, they said they already did make it and it would be released some time soon. In fact, i believe they had it with them but couldn't show it.

Pwolf
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Ovalshine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Actually, Geneon is working on some last minute edits to include footage of the two french girls who tried to escape to Japan.

You know, this joke sounded so much better in my head.
ohtori_akio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:56 am Reply with quote
That is so cool! I am a huge Mylene Farme fan so I am very excited about this.... I wonder what the concept for it could have been....
Mylene

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:55 am Reply with quote
Oh wow! That is such cool news. I'm a huge fan of Mylene Farmer (note the handle, which is both for her and the French manga name of Kaiou Michiru), and just the other day i was thinking that it would be fun if there was ever some connection between her and anime... I guess I'm getting a little something, even if it isn't exactly what I was hoping for (I was thinking more along the line of her music being used in a soundtrack/collaboration with Kanno Yoko or something).

I'm going to have to pull out my copy of Avant que l'ombre and remind myself what Peut-etre a toi sounds like. Wasn't as fond of this album overall, but then again, I'm a big fan of her songs on L'autre (which has my favorite song, Desenchantee) and Anamorphosee (which is my favorite overall album by her).
ohtori_akio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:41 am Reply with quote
If you like Mylene Farmer my dear Mylene you should definitely get her video hits on DVD. It even has Live versions of some hits, such as Ainsi Sois-je (which is just awesome live, the way she interpretes it is orgasmic). My favourite album by her was probably Anamorphosee as well, just love Je te rends ton amour and Souviens-toi du jour...
BTW, are you also an Utena fan coz I love your avatar Smile
Mylene

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:21 am Reply with quote
ohtori_akio wrote:
If you like Mylene Farmer my dear Mylene you should definitely get her video hits on DVD. It even has Live versions of some hits, such as Ainsi Sois-je (which is just awesome live, the way she interpretes it is orgasmic). My favourite album by her was probably Anamorphosee as well, just love Je te rends ton amour and Souviens-toi du jour...
BTW, are you also an Utena fan coz I love your avatar Smile

I actually have some of her old VHS videos (as well as her Live a Bercy concert and Innamoramento concert), but hope to snag a DVD soon, once I get a player that can handle R2 (or have they been released to R1?) I noticed that Netflix actually has a DVD of one of her videos for rent, that completely surprised me. The videos VHS I have has the really extended movie-like versions, like "Pourvu Qu'elles Soient Douces" if I'm remembering correctly. It also has Allan. My current VCR is in bad shape, so I avoid putting my precious Mylene tapes in it.

Live a Bercy (maybe there's a DVD of it now?) is a fantastic VHS to have, and I have the CD version as well. Her voice is so raw and emotional live. I've found myself breaking down in tears when she sings "Laisse le vent emporter tout". The Innamoramento concert VHS is very good as well, although since I didn't like that album as well, I prefer the Live a Bercy concert.

And yes, I am an Utena fan. It is my favorite anime. Anime smile I love it even more than I love listening to Mylene Farmer.

I hope that I will be able to view this animated music video. Very intrigued by it indeed.
ohtori_akio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:54 pm Reply with quote
You can probably find a way to make your DVD player play Region 2 dvds online if you looked as they are all capable to nowadays. To get the dvds, I would go with www.amazon.fr as they are very reliable.

Utena is my favourite series too, hence my username being the sexiest guy alive (or is that dead?) Smile Funny how easy it would be to make a Mylene Farmer song relate to Utena since they are both so surreal...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1