• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, April 28-May 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syrianmj

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:44 pm Reply with quote
wow AOT sold 600k Only this week, , and I cant understand how Naruto still a sales shark after the 4th war mess. (I am a naruto big fan but I cant get it why bleach got punished after fullbrin arc and naruto didn't)
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Attack on Titan in the top 10 baby. Also I started reading Ansatsu Kyōshitsu recently and it definitely deserves its spot there in the top ten.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kutsu

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, am I imagining things or is Toriko's total particularly low (even for 4 days' worth of sales) ? Shocked

What a flop Beelzebub has become...

And wow at 'Attack on Titan''s first volume sales : over 1.25 million and still selling almost 60k a week. I'm very curious to know the heights it will reach.
Ushio

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:39 am Reply with quote
Kutsu wrote:
Oh wow, am I imagining things or is Toriko's total particularly low (even for 4 days' worth of sales) ? Shocked

And wow at 'Attack on Titan''s first volume sales : over 1.25 million and still selling almost 60k a week. I'm very curious to know the heights it will reach.

If 100,000 copies in 4 days was a flop there would be less than 30 manga running at anyone time!
Ushio

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:40 am Reply with quote
syrianmj wrote:
wow AOT sold 600k Only this week, , and I can't understand how Naruto still a sales shark after the 4th war mess. (I am a naruto big fan but I can't get it why bleach got punished after fullbrin arc and naruto didn't)

Because Naruto got regular top 3 rankings in the shonen jump survey all through the war while Bleach droped to bottom 5 before the fullbring arc even started.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:02 am Reply with quote
Man, it is awesome to see volumes 1 and 2 of Kachou Fuugetsu in the top 50. Go go Shimizu Yuki.
Cetais

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:29 am Reply with quote
Oh shieet, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu really sell way too good. Even more, it deserves it. <3
Too bad no Hungry Joker in the list.
Kutsu

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:52 am Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
Kutsu wrote:

If 100,000 copies in 4 days was a flop there would be less than 30 manga running at anyone time!

Well not all manga run in Shonen Jump and not all manga have had an anime adaptation.
bigivel

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Wow, AOT last episode made the this week volumes sell almost two times more copies than last week. The way is going AOT will be in Top 5 half year sells and Top 3 in year sells!
Progeusz

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:55 pm Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:
Wow, AOT last episode made the this week volumes sell almost two times more copies than last week. The way is going AOT will be in Top 5 half year sells and Top 3 in year sells!
It will be #2 in both thanks to other volumes selling. Maybe Magi will get #2 in half-year list.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:58 pm Reply with quote
syrianmj wrote:
wow AOT sold 600k Only this week, , and I can't understand how Naruto still a sales shark after the 4th war mess. (I am a naruto big fan but I can't get it why bleach got punished after fullbrin arc and naruto didn't)

What do you mean? The war arc has been great so far. On the flip side, Bleach was slipping in rankings for awhile anyway.
Camiru Mylle

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:13 am Reply with quote
Shingeki no Kyojin is gaining.....wow,
and what!!? Ato ni mo Saki ni mo Kimi Dake WHAT!!??! on earth....I read the manga of this and it's nowhere good. Erkk... oh well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1