• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
.hack//Roots (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KuzuryuuTakumi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
One thing that I forgot to mention was that when spoiler[we first see tri-edge in this episode he is walking around in a giant grid. Then we see him smooth out a rough zone on the grid and then Shino knew she was summon? As for Tri-edge not attacking Haseo, I think that Tri-edge attacks for a certain reason it looks as if his targets are planned and everything that he does occurs for some reason.]

spoiler[yeah, to me it looked as though he was fixing some error or corrupted data Shocked What side is he on?]
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:49 am Reply with quote
Yea that was kinda strange wasn't it. I wonder exactly what that bad data was? Also now moving onto the new episode 14spoiler[What exactly is making Tri-edge attack each target? First off is Shino, whom I don't get why this would happened, to get at OVAN? Ovan does seems to be the key to everything in this series, also at the end of this episode Haseo seems to be working on become stronger. ]Hopefully in the next couple of episodes we'll some change in a few characters mostly Haseo and Ovan.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
KuzuryuuTakumi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:56 am Reply with quote
EP 14 spoiler[Ovan's back, but why the heck is he out of contact with the others? And, Tri-edge appears where Ovan just warped out from and proceeds on to attacking Phyllo. When he looks at him through that scary eye of his, why do I get the feeling that he was analysing him or something? That's the impression I got of how he was looking at him then left him to move on elsewhere.
The BBS has a few rumours about him which means that Tri-edge must have attacked some other players before he got around to Shino.]

Quote:
spoiler[What exactly is making Tri-edge attack each target? First off is Shino, whom I don't get why this would happened, to get at OVAN? Ovan does seems to be the key to everything in this series, also at the end of this episode Haseo seems to be working on become stronger.]

spoiler[I don't understand what would make Tri-edge attack Shino either, but she was called out to Grima Lowe so, I assume Tri-edge called her out there. And then there's Phyllo. I don't remember if he said anything but he usually never leaves the Mac Anu bridge and suddenly he went out into that field Rolling Eyes He was probably called to as well.
Finally about Haseo - His anger needs to be directed and we can see that he's directing his anger at Ovan and Tri-edge - Ovan for abandoning the Twilight Brigade and Tri-edge for DD'ing Shino.

What do you make of new character Saburou? I can't really make anything of her just yet, but she's working for Pai so she may make contact with Haseo for her.]

Ugh, we get fed a lot of information and have very little to connect it right now...
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:38 pm Reply with quote
KuzuryuuTakumi wrote:
spoiler[I don't understand what would make Tri-edge attack Shino either, but she was called out to Grima Lowe so, I assume Tri-edge called her out there. And then there's Phyllo. I don't remember if he said anything but he usually never leaves the Mac Anu bridge and suddenly he went out into that field Rolling Eyes He was probably called to as well.]

I agree with you on tri-edge spoiler[it's so bizzare that Phyllo might have been called out to. Tri-edge seems to attack certain characters for certain reason. Shino must of been something special or had something special. But why go to face tri-edge? For what reason does she leave? Also Phyllo noted that he was worthy enough to be a challenger of Tri-edge, how strong was Shino then?]
I can't wait to get some more information so that all these holes can be filled.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing spoiler[ Tri-edge disguised a message to make Shino believe he was Ovan to lure her out there. Not sure why he would want to lure her out there, perhaps to try and find info on Ovan?

Anyway, we still don't know much between the relationship of Ovan and Shino as it is. But from what Phyllo said about not being a worthy enough opponent, I assume Tri-edge is just looking for strong people, unless Ovan's arm has something to do with this whole mess.

By the way, I'm confused. Is Tri-edge some hacked player or a glitch in the program, a la the Key of the Twilight?]
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[I think Tri-edge is more of a bug in the game, his exsistence probably being linked to that of the Key of the Twilight. Also, earlier someone mentioned him just showing up in the ep where he kills Shino, but he does appear before that in another ep, can't remember the number. I agree with the theory that Tri-Edge probably masked the message to Shino, either that or Ovan actually WAS able to contact her, but Tri-Edge got to her first and then Ovan decided not to message the others because they would be at risk. As for Phyllo going to that area, it could be because of Shino's "death", it was, after all, the place where Ovan and Shino first met, and mentioned earlier it was Phyllo that introduced them, so it would be a major area for all of them. As for Haseo wanting to get stronger, that's kind of a given since even in real life if someone you love or respect is beaten, you want to get stronger to beat the person that did it.] End Rant.

Edit: spoiler[As for the character Sabarou, I'm 90% sure that it was the merchant that got banned. The char's attitude and the hints they give points in that direction. Who wouldn't prefer a small female body to a big male body Razz.]
KuzuryuuTakumi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:11 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[My theory in Tri-edge is that he is an AIDA that infected the remnants of Kite's PC data. However, I'm wondering - the bracelet is something that Aura entrusted to Kite - so why does Tri-edge have it? I would have thought she would have removed it from his data somehow unless he got her first.
Another thing is that his bracelet is fragmented - but when Kite's bracelet was broken by Blackrose, it was unusable, so why is it functioning properly?]

Daemonblue wrote:
spoiler[As for the character Sabarou, I'm 90% sure that it was the merchant that got banned. The char's attitude and the hints they give points in that direction. Who wouldn't prefer a small female body to a big male body Razz .]

spoiler[As much as the idea disturbs me, I have to agree with you. Nice PC body though Wink ]

Tony K. wrote:
spoiler[I assume Tri-edge is just looking for strong people, unless Ovan's arm has something to do with this whole mess.]

spoiler[It seems like a basic goal, but then it does make sense - Tri-edge didn't attack Haseo back in GrimaLowe because he's still quite weak. However, I didn't really get the impression that Shino was a strong person - quite the contrary. She relies on Ovan's support, and when he left, she turned to Haseo. In terms of levels, then I suppose she would have been a high level player, but then there should be lots of them in the world - he could be looking for people that are apart from the rest (i.e. possible epitaph wielders.) That's just a theory though.]

On a side note, where did this sudden interest come from? I had the impression that it was just me and DeltaKiral that was interested in this series Laughing (not that I'm complaining, it's nice to have more people to debate with).
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:57 pm Reply with quote
KuzuryuuTakumi wrote:
On a side note, where did this sudden interest come from? I had the impression that it was just me and DeltaKiral that was interested in this series Laughing (not that I'm complaining, it's nice to have more people to debate with).

I've been watching it for a while. I just never had the time or energy to post about it. All of my free time goes to playing an MMORPG called Maple Story, watching anime, or modding the forums. All of which is pretty time consuming, considering I usually work 5 out of 7 days in the week and only have Tuesdays and Thursdays off (which I normally dedicate to MS Anime catgrin).
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I'm guessing spoiler[ Tri-edge disguised a message to make Shino believe he was Ovan to lure her out there. Not sure why he would want to lure her out there, perhaps to try and find info on Ovan?]

I don't know, it obvious that she spoiler[recieve some sort of call, but what it was is still a question. The thing that bother me about Shino is felt like she knew something aweful was going to happen, and yet she still went. That sort of thinking seems like it would have to be dealing with Ovan, just like how Ovan knew there was a trap but the key of the twilight is just too tempting. Much like the key Ovan is her temptation, that why she went. ]
One last thing that I am interested in with Shino spoiler[is that if she in a coma, it feels like the old .hack story is being retold. But yet it feels like there is someone who is trying to do that.
]

Tony K. wrote:
spoiler[By the way, I'm confused. Is Tri-edge some hacked player or a glitch in the program, a la the Key of the Twilight?]

spoiler[I think Tri-edge is a program, a bug but yet Tri-edge seems to be attacking certain individuals for a reason. And not only that it's really odd that Kite is back in a world where he shouldn't exist.]

KuzuryuuTakumi wrote:
On a side note, where did this sudden interest come from? I had the impression that it was just me and DeltaKiral that was interested in this series
Well that because things are finally getting interesting, and also it is nice to hear other people. Don't forget that a lot of popular series Fate and Melancholy just ended so perhaps people are looking for something new to enjoy.

KuzuryuuTakumi wrote:
spoiler[My theory in Tri-edge is that he is an AIDA that infected the remnants of Kite's PC data. However, I'm wondering - the bracelet is something that Aura entrusted to Kite - so why does Tri-edge have it? I would have thought she would have removed it from his data somehow unless he got her first.
Another thing is that his bracelet is fragmented - but when Kite's bracelet was broken by Blackrose, it was unusable, so why is it functioning properly?]
I don't know about that, my spoiler include the end of the four games. spoiler[How did Kite's PC data get into this world? It seems so strange, the original world was destroy when the main servers were burned and ruined So how is Kite still around. I know people have legends about him and yet how did this bug get a hold of that. Also in the game Kite recieve an another bracelet after Black Rose destroyed the first one, but still his bracelet was destroyed when the world was lost. ] Makes you wonder whom exactly is from the old game?

Last thing of note spoiler[I do think that Ovan arm is indeed very important but I have this strange feeling that weren't going to be finding out, until the end of the GU game.] Good to have some more people joining us in this thread, I was starting to fear that no one was watching this beside KuzuryuuTakumi and myself.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
One last thing that I am interested in with Shino spoiler[is that if she in a coma, it feels like the old .hack story is being retold. But yet it feels like there is someone who is trying to do that.]

Yeah. Much like when spoiler[ Ovan got captured by Naobi for analysis or when Tsukasa was unable to logout, Shino's conscience is probably still trapped in The World with her vegetable-like body just laying there in reality.

But when she got killed, it looked like her data was completely, um.. destroyed? I don't know what term would be suitable, but physically speaking, she seemed to just turn into strings of data and disintegrate into thin air.

Meaning, she might've reformed somewhere else with the aid of some Aura-esque character, is lost/trapped like when Naobi got Ovan, or is actually dead. Although, I doubt they'd want to write something that dark into the series. It's just not typical .hack style.]

Previously, I was also mulling over spoiler[ who Naobi might be from the previous World, but I haven't even played the games, so it could be anybody. At this point, since the series is still running there could be any number of possible story scenarios left.]
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
spoiler[ But when she got killed, it looked like her data was completely, um.. destroyed? I don't know what term would be suitable, but physically speaking, she seemed to just turn into strings of data and disintegrate into thin air.

Meaning, she might've reformed somewhere else with the aid of some Aura-esque character, is lost/trapped like when Naobi got Ovan, or is actually dead. Although, I doubt they'd want to write something that dark into the series. It's just not typical .hack style.]

Yea wasn't that strange what happened to Shino but I wouldn't be surprise if the series did turn to a darker one. The director of the game and anime have both said how GU has lots of meaning but one of the most important things is growing up, and that in itself has mulitiple meanings. spoiler[ Although I doubt that Shino is dead, likely in a coma and that was strange how she died. With her data scattering, but then again that what data drain does to a character.]

Tony K. wrote:
Previously, I was also mulling over spoiler[ who Naobi might be from the previous World, but I haven't even played the games, so it could be anybody. At this point, since the series is still running there could be any number of possible story scenarios left.]

Yea that is one of the many things I have been thinking about, one spoiler[character that enter my mind is Balmung, although not as Naobi although I think he is someone else and I am not sure who that is yet. Do you wonder if Kite plays this new world, I kinda doubt it with everything that has occur. From the anime maybe I guess Crim could, Sora up there but I doubt that he wants anything to do with the key of twilight.]

I kinda want to rewatch a little SIGN now to brush up on some of characters to see which characters might still be around.

Till next time,

Delta Kiral

[EDIT: Cleaned up your post for spacing and BBCode tag placement. -TK]
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Well, I can see the series turning morbid just because they used Ali Project for their songs. I, of course, love that they used it with this series because it makes it feel more dark like Rozen Maiden and Avenger. As for Shino spoiler[her mother states tat she was in the hospital in a coma, we know she's NOT dead because this is several days later and if she WERE dead she wouldn't exactly be in a hospital, but in a morgue.]

Oh, and I've been following this series since it had started, just never bothered to make anu comments, or an account, until Haruhi ended Razz.

Another thing, is it just me, or does there seem to be a deeper connotation (sp?) to some of the things in the series. I can't put my finger on it yet, but there just seems to be a deeper meaning to some of the things they're saying.

spoiler[As for Shino getting attacked by Tri-Edge, wouldn't she be lvl 1 since she changed char types, never played the games so I'm not sure, just a guess. But I think Tri-Edge is more focusing on Ovan's contacts and somehow has the ability to read their minds, thus having the ability to determine if they're a threat to him. It kind of doesn't make sense that a program can read your mind through a VR headset, but does being in a coma becase you're char got deleted make any more sense?]
KuzuryuuTakumi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:54 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Yea that is one of the many things I have been thinking about, onespoiler[character that enter my mind is Balmung, although not as Naobi although I think he is someone else and I am not sure who that is yet. Do you wonder if Kite plays this new world, I kinda doubt it with everything that has occur. From the anime maybe I guess Crim could, Sora up there but I doubt that he wants anything to do with the key of twilight.]

My post contains spoilers for .hack//G.U vol2 spoiler[Apparantly, after Tri-edge is defeated by Haseo and his party, two more characters appear in the forms of Balmung and Orca. I don't know exactly what happens in Vol.1 so I can't come up with any theories for this.
As for Naobi/Yata, while it's obvious that he's someone from the previous version of the world, I get the feeling that he's someone from the games - one of the less important characters like Wiseman or Moonstone.]

Deltakiral wrote:
spoiler[Although I doubt that Shino is dead, likely in a coma and that was strange how she died. With her data scattering, but then again that what data drain does to a character.]

Now my post contains spoilers for .hack//Quarantine.
spoiler[Even though the victims of the Twilight incident were comatose in real life, they were able to appear and help out with defeating Korbenik form 2. Everyone from Orca to Sora and even Seig - so Shino should be able to reappear as well and that means that her data wasn't deleted. ]
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:03 am Reply with quote
Daemonblue wrote:
As for Shino spoiler[her mother states tat she was in the hospital in a coma, we know she's NOT dead because this is several days later and if she WERE dead she wouldn't exactly be in a hospital, but in a morgue.]

Oh, duh.. should've realized that earlier Anime smile + sweatdrop. I probably meant to imply spoiler[ brain-dead instead of dead-dead.]

Daemonblue wrote:
Another thing, is it just me, or does there seem to be a deeper connotation (sp?) to some of the things in the series. I can't put my finger on it yet, but there just seems to be a deeper meaning to some of the things they're saying.

Like, philosophical or psychological? Between //SIGN and //Roots I never picked up on any real symbolism or metaphorical representations of anything. I always assumed these were just to make the video games more intersting to play Razz.

Daemonblue wrote:
spoiler[It kind of doesn't make sense that a program can read your mind through a VR headset, but does being in a coma becase you're char got deleted make any more sense?]

Hm.. spoiler[ well for the coma thing, I'm guessing it's just some kind of shock to the synapses. Assuming that when you put that headset on that you're able to simulate the five (maybe six) senses within the game, it makes sense (no pun intended) that if you "die" there, it will affect you somehow.

In the normal case of a PK, you just die and the game automatically resets itself. However, since Shino was killed by Tri-edge, who at this point isn't even a real person, then it might've done something different, depending on what he did to her (Data Drain, perhaps?).

By the way, has anyone speculated on what those "Signs" are yet? From what little I've been able to observe, they appear to just be markings left by Tri-edge, hence the three slashes. And they all apparently seem to be placed at Twilight Brigade hangouts as well. On top of that, there was the one time some of them were teleported too, but only when Haseo was around.]

Hm... interesting, indeed.
RedComet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:43 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

spoiler[
By the way, has anyone speculated on what those "Signs" are yet? From what little I've been able to observe, they appear to just be markings left by Tri-edge, hence the three slashes. And they all apparently seem to be placed at Twilight Brigade hangouts as well. On top of that, there was the one time some of them were teleported too, but only when Haseo was around.]

Hm... interesting, indeed.

spoiler[Weren't the "Signs" only at the Lost Grounds?]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6