• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga to Release Complete FMA Brotherhood Blu-ray, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, Eureka Se

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAnagelic1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Thank you Manga. At last I can continue FMAB on Blu Ray (Put off importing from Australia for the longest time).

Just please don't delay/cancel it.
Nilrem

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Thank you Manga, as one of the people that bought the Blu's of FMA:B I will be buying the remainder of the series on Bluray Smile
I've put off buying it on DVD in the hope it would get a HD release.

I'll also be getting Eureka Seven AO.
Dop.L

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Good news on FMA: Brotherhood. I bought the first Blu-Ray and was massively disappointed (and rather annoyed) when they stopped doing them.
I'm definitely going to get the set, though!
Jonny_Bravo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Black Rock Shooter - My week has bee made and its only monday Very Happy
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Oh, good, they're finally finishing off BroHood.

About 2 years after it actually mattered worth a concentrated Damn.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Great news on the BD front.
I don't bother with DVD releases of shows produced in SD, so if they release at the right price, they can have my money.
I'm just worried how much a complete FMA Brotherhood set would cost if each volume is £30? Shocked
No one is going to pay over £100, never mind £150 RRP.
hamsterfactor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:04 am Reply with quote
Good news for people who didn't import the remaining Brotherhood Australian BDs already (I did) Confused

I'm still waiting for the Milos movie and the OVAs to get cheaper, because there's no way I'll pay that much for those.
SebGray

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:32 am Reply with quote
This is great news! Doesn't matter to me if it's a few years late or not, the fact they're going back and actually finishing it on Blu-Ray shows that things are on the up for Blu-Ray releases in the UK.

vulcanraven01 wrote:
Great news on the BD front.
I don't bother with DVD releases of shows produced in SD, so if they release at the right price, they can have my money.
I'm just worried how much a complete FMA Brotherhood set would cost if each volume is £30? Shocked
No one is going to pay over £100, never mind £150 RRP.

To be honest (and as was said in the podcast) given the £30 price tag is the SRP, by the time online retailers put their prices up it'll come down to between £20-25 for each volume. Either way, if people want 'the' complete collection box set bad enough they'll pay for it. I for one have vols 1 & 2 on blu-ray already so I'll go for the 3 individual volumes. I'm just happy I'm going to be able to buy remainder of the series on this format.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quote
If Black Rock Shooter is being released sub-only over there in the UK, that probably means that AoA has decided to release it themselves without a dub over here in America instead of letting FUNimation handle it.

Which kinda sucks, honestly. I was really looking forward to watching it, but I prefer to watch English dubs, and I simply can't justify Aniplex's prices. Sad
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:07 pm Reply with quote
"letting them"? Who says FUNimation even want it ^^;
They haven't even had any videos up for it since May, despite it still being on niconico.com (RIP) at the time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
TheRealDeal51

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Seems to be out of stock everywhere (or at least I hope that is the case). Must be doing well this time around, I managed to find an ebay seller who had a few left.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm not bothered when the release date for Eureka Seven AO is, I'm just glad its this year - I now do not have to import - snaps for helping the UK economy Cool

Now i'm just hoping for a special edition Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:02 am Reply with quote
TheRealDeal51 wrote:
Seems to be out of stock everywhere (or at least I hope that is the case). Must be doing well this time around, I managed to find an ebay seller who had a few left.

I'm have my doubts about the validity of this post given the username but.. what is out of stock?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1