• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Perfect / Pointless / Poignant Quotes.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I thought this was pretty hilarious

Polycell wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Puerile and atavistic trogdolytes like you and your immature screed of pure dross make me ashamed to be a gamer. It's people like you, so enamored with the machinations of your own phallus that you cannot thole any denial of gratuitious sexuality, that are holding gamin back as a whole.
"Behold my ettanic and stupendous vocabulary! Cower before my mighty and hoity-toity words! Ye defend that I execrate, abhor and dislike; be ye as knaves, brutes, veritable typing glans! Be blamed, convicted, tweaked, drubbed, admonished, reproved and lambasted!"
Quote:
No, I will not stop being pleonastic.
"I am Mojo-jojo!"
Galap

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I really liked this one, from the California Crisis Pile of Shame:

Ian K wrote:
Quote:
Aw man, why aren't supah-cool OVAs like this made any more???

Because gaijin angered the anime kamis by downloading fansubs instead of purchasing DVDs.

The kamis saw that the gaijin were ungrateful for their gift of 'japanimation', and refused to give a portion of their worldly possessions to support the labor of the kamis' servants. The kamis then sent a virus called 'moe' into the world. This virus spread through the new animes, corrupting their burning manly passion with perversions of all sorts. The kamis saw their work, and proclaimed it good. "Only when the gaijin have repented of their greed and returned to the true path of capitolism will we restore japanimation to its true passionate glory."

- The Book of Desu, Chapter 12 Verses 7-11

*Note: kami means god
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I don't know what this person is on, but it seems to have some pretty awesome psychedelic side-effects.

Hamyuts Meseta wrote:
In the world of Anime you can be a brave Futa existing beyond space and time who must violate females absorbing their Quro energy in order to exist as a god. You see what exist in all Vagina is dark-space thus it releases Quro energy when orgasm.

I'll have what she's having.

From here.
Galap

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote
^ hahaha what the hell is that?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:26 pm Reply with quote
it's Hamyuts just being weird again.
rheiders

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:28 am Reply with quote
There were many hilarious and maddening quotes from this Dragon's Crown thread (I really liked the insistence by a straight man that Arnold Schwarzenegger is just the sexiest thing ever to women, for instance), but I thought the awesomeness of ikillchicken's retort here was plenty worthy of this thread.

ikillchicken wrote:
One day, when my death-ray is complete, I will etch the following into the moon:

"You have the right to be shitty to other people. Nobody is disputing that. But that doesn't mean you still shouldn't be shitty to other people. These are two different things."

And then, maybe, just maybe, I'll never have to have this ridiculous "But I have the right..." conversation ever again.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:36 am Reply with quote
I just need to get the prisms sorted out. The targeting system and the reactor are all set though.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:01 am Reply with quote
Thought this one was pretty hilarious:

Jose Cruz wrote:
TsunaReborn! wrote:
I guess the wider markets that most show are aiming are not fans of heavy/death/power metal...?

Indeed. It's would be commercial suicide for anyone to use such niche music in their show of movie. Like, there is only 1% of chance that the audience of a series (any series, anime or not) would like to hear some underground true metal music.

It would only happen, if, let's say, someone like Hideaki Anno were a huge fan of death metal, then he would include it in the climax of an Evangelion film and the EVA geeks would be burning their head trying to decipher the symbolism of that artistic choice.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote
From the recent article where Miyazaki says that he is willing to let Anno make Nausicaa 2:

kokone wrote:
You Can (Not) Be Serious

I'm not opposed to him doing it, but still I found this humorous.
SiLVER820

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:48 pm Reply with quote
More gold from ikillchicken in the recent "The Mike Toole Show" thread.

ikillchicken wrote:
Everyone wrote:
Everything used to be awesome but now everything sucks.

Everyone else wrote:
No everything is exactly the same and always will be. Change is a myth. Anime exists in a vacuum.

Etc. Etc.

You've actually had several perfect and poignant quotes lately, ikillchicken. Smile
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Love ZanraiKid's quote from the Attack on Titan...Perfume? Talkback thread:

ZanraiKid wrote:
sainta wrote:
Ah, the sweet and beautiful fragrance of Titan blood and the corpses of your best friends.

Right? Just imagine what the Titan scent would be.

"From the moments you laid on Kawaii-Titan, the wellsprings of your impassioned, non-sexual, platonic, undead love have burned like the houses of Wall Maria. Show her you care with the sensational summer fragrance.

Introducing...Rampaging Bloodlust

Top notes start strongly with waves of elephant musk, human bile, and rust. Enjoy the soothing middle notes of deer droppings and sweat. Finally, let the lingering scent of the crushed hopes and dreams of your foes be the perfect complimentary base note.

You know your race of beings is perfectly engineered to destroy all in it's path. Why not let that special someone know they should enjoy the finer things in life?

Rampaging Bloodlust."
[/url]
Ignatz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:13 am Reply with quote
I think DuskyPredator's post about Summer 2013 season deserves to be here.

DuskyPredator wrote:
It was the time of Tomoko's awkward situations. A time of a Japanese loving English girl, and a English loving Japanese girl. Where we watched anime about public servants working, or a fanservice swimming show for the ladies. Where the villain could be a freaky black and white bear robot that looked like a plushie, an aliene transvestite, or mad scientist with a staff. Young girls played basketball, play airsoft, dig graves, or try to save those corrupted into monsters. A boy could end up in the body of a dog, go after their step sister, expand their demon harem, or do their toughest conquest yet.

A vampire tried to resurrect the dead, a city boy learned how to work on a farm, and a Tanuki was proud of his idiot blood. There was a club that did nothing particular, a student council that researched love. Dolls that were AI from cards, and goddesses that were game consoles. This was Summer (Winter if you are in the southern hemisphere like me) 2013.

Last edited by Ignatz on Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:18 am Reply with quote
How this one didn't get picked up I have no idea.

Responding to Key's comment of "Note that some other content on the page may be NSFW.", getchman replied thusly:

getchman wrote:
"may be NSFW" if that figure of Imari from Bible Black crouching on a dildo doesn't make Sankaku completely NSFW, I don't know what will

LOL. He tells it like it is.
Galap

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:27 am Reply with quote
In the Beyond the Boundary thread, ikillchicken had had it with a merciless detractor, and this was the result:

ikillchicken wrote:
Okay man. I won't try to argue with you. It's clear to me that you have an immense, deeply rooted, psychological need to believe this. So fine, I "admit" it: Everyone else is completely wrong, ignorant and dumb and you're 100% right. This show is terrible. It is the single worst anime ever. It fails on every single level that exists and several new theoretical levels that physicists have been forced to posit just to explain this show. Nobody will buy it. It will sell exactly zero copies. In fact, the sales for this show will be negative. Store owners will be mystified as people continue to return copies despite never having bought them in the first place. And not only do fans hate it, even KyoAni doesn't like it. They never intended to sell it. In fact they don't even know how it ended up on TV. They just made it for practice at animating because they have infinite money. And the director only agreed to work on it as a sick masochistic penance for killing a prostitute a while back. This show will be so utterly and universally reviled that after it finishes airing, all the copies will be gathered up and thrown into the pit of infinite darkness at the lowest point on earth, where it will be guarded for eternity by demons and swallowed up by the great worm, praise be to him. May his passing cleanse the world.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I demand everyone go read ikillchicken's post about time:

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4154992#4154992

Awesome stuff! Surprised
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 98 of 105