• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Stage!! Boys-Love Manga Has Anime in the Works

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juhachi

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:30 am Reply with quote
It's official; I can die happy now. Very Happy
fencer_x

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:58 am Reply with quote
About time something NOT by Nakamura Shungiku got animated--and Zaou's stuff has proven popular in the past (Princess Princess!), so I'm really looking forward to this :3
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:00 am Reply with quote
Is this true? Not a really mean play of our hearts? Will it come soon or will we have to wait ages for it like we've been waiting for the supposed Hybrid Child OVA (two years without news T^T), or the supposedly confirmed Yokozawa Baai anime, of which we've heard none since November?

I hope we at least get some decent information for this before this year ends (can I hope for it to air Winter/Spring 2014?). If it succeeds it'd be awesome if other BL authors got exposure like this, not just Nakamura (please, please Yamamoto Kotetsuko please. There's enough Honto Yajuu material for at least one season and it's awesome)

I'm not even organizing my thoughts anymore, I'm too excited
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:20 am Reply with quote
fencer_x wrote:
About time something NOT by Nakamura Shungiku got animated.

My thoughts exactly. xD Super excited for this, here's hoping it does well.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:26 am Reply with quote
This will probably be an OVA or a TV anime which will take at least two years to air.
If it does air quickly, I will be surprised.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:01 am Reply with quote
This story was really funny and sweet. Very well written. It's nice to see it get turned into an anime.
Hamu

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:18 am Reply with quote
Such good news! I haven't read it yet, but it's great to see more BL anime. At least not by Nakamura, lol. Many of my friends say great things about this manga. Hope it doesn't fall in limbo now...
Cloudedmind

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:46 am Reply with quote
Very excited. I really enjoy this manga. Hopefully, we don't have to wait forever for it to come out.
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:51 am Reply with quote
See you guys in 2015!!!!

LOL (JK).

It's just that I am still waiting for other BL anime to come out since they have been announced by Kadokawa 1-2 years ago. I'm used to waiting 5-6 months for anime AFTER they are announced. But lately with the BL announcements, I don't hear about them for years after they are announced. It's frustrating. It's like the Sailor Moon Anime. It was supposed to air this summer but then it got delayed and delayed.
sakuragtin

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I don't know about ya'll but I would love a third season of Junjo Romantica or Sekaiichi Hatsukoi or for that matter someone to license Sekaiichi.

As for this, it looks cute. I haven't read it yet and how things go usually with BL anime announcements I won't see it anytime soon lol. I don't think it will be a TV series but just an OAV like most are.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:20 pm Reply with quote
sakuragtin wrote:
I don't know about ya'll but I would love a third season of Junjo Romantica or Sekaiichi Hatsukoi or for that matter someone to license Sekaiichi.

As for this, it looks cute. I haven't read it yet and how things go usually with BL anime announcements I won't see it anytime soon lol. I don't think it will be a TV series but just an OAV like most are.

I'm struggling to see how they can make a full series out of it with only 3 books released... Unless they take a few years to get the ball rolling... Which is very likely.

I agree it would be good to have a third series of Junjo seeming as English print stopped at 12 and I struggle to read scans - I don't know why but they frustrate me - and I would love to see how it has been developing, which I can imagine it has developed very little as it is BL lol.

I would like to see Sekaiichi licensed just to add to the physical collection, even though I did get bored towards the end of the series.

Ether way I'm glad there is a new series even if it is very far off in the horizon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AmemiyaKyoko

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:25 pm Reply with quote
OH MY GAWD. I'M SO EXCITED WHEN I HEARD THE NEWS!!

THIS MAKE ME SO HAPPY T^T
PansyWansyLinsy

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:06 pm Reply with quote
This is great news. I rarely watch anime, but I'd gladly tune in for some BL. There's so very little yaoi anime (aside from Junjou, which I don't really care for). Love Stage has a pretty effeminate uke, so I'm not surprised about the choice, but then again, I really liked the manga despite the girlish uke. It's a got a great mixture of humor, romance and the idol story isn't so supremely annoying as Skip Beat!
gilnokoibito

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh yesss!!!!

I'm super excited about this! I really like Love Stage - the art, the story, it's all very well done!

Now, if only Crimson Spell could get an anime my BL anime wants would be (mostly) satisfied. *keeps up some small slice of hope that one day...ONE day....* lol
LKK

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm not familiar with this specific work, but I love Eiki Eiki and Taishi Zaou's character designs. If the anime's character designs manage to capture their unique style, I'll watch the show even though I don't know the story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2