• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Answerman on Hiatus; Two New Interviews

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:00 am Reply with quote
Answerman is spelt wrong in the title, but I hope he has fun at the con!
NegativeZero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:30 am Reply with quote
I really wanted to buy Seven Seas' Boogiepop Phantom novel releases... until they started making it as inconvenient as possible. Call me what you will, but I absolutely refuse to be a party to anti-competive tactics like exclusivity deals. Especially when those deals end up making me feel treated like a second-class citizen for living in a country which is not included in their wonderful deal. Neutral For what I'd end up paying to import the blasted things, I'd be able to buy a paperback locally that would be about eight times as long, and I'd have a nice wad of spare cash left over as well.

Not that I can actually buy it at all, because Borders' exclusivity deal doesn't extend to their online business, which is run by Amazon. Wouldn't want people outside the US to buy the novels, after all. They're not worthy of them. Rolling Eyes I'll have to stick to importing anime-related novels from companies like Tokyopop. While they may not have discovered the wonders of modern computer spell-checking, at least I can actually buy their products without running the red tape gauntlet.

Sorry for the rant, this is something that really annoys me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:46 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one who can't find Mr. Freeman's interview? Or is it "for US viewers only".
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:17 am Reply with quote
It's not you.

The interview seems to have disappeared. Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1