• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Top 10 / Worst 5 things. Why? (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Full_Metal_Goku wrote:

4. Inuyasha: This Series isn't like Gundam Seed or any of those "advanced" series where they use guns. Inuyasha is about a Half-Demon and a Human Girl who team up with a Monk, A Half Demon Fox, A Full Demon Fox, and a Girl Warrior who try to get the sacred Jewel shards before Naraku does. This is one of few anime shows that actually have a goal in the series. Its not like the characters just sit around till something comes up! This is also a great fighting Series even though the best fights are in the Opening THemes. Oh Well.

Unfortunately this "goal" kind of dies out and the show has officially been ended.

lol I also note that you said Pokemon is very formulaic and repetitive... so are pretty much all the shows you mentioned as your favourites (except Full Metal Alchemist). Granted, Pokemon is much more for the kiddies but Naruto, Dragon Ball and Inuyasha are all big shounen titles aimed at a slightly older audience. I'm a huge fan of Naruto, but even I gotta admit it's purely entertainment value and frankly I wish they would have less of Naruto. Hell, they should have an entire arc without Naruto!
unhealthyman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Kidder wrote:

Oh lord, Ranma 1/2 definately goes into my guilty pleasures pile Anime smile + sweatdrop Even though the episodes are formulaic and the characters really don't get anywhere in terms of relationship etc. I still find almost every single episode rib-crackingly hilarious.

I also keep a special place in my heart for Ranma 1/2 Wink It was the first (and only) manga I could get when I was younger and so I have read the first couple hundreds of times. I've still never seen the anime, maybe I should give it a crack.
Mini Jesus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...top 10's have never been easy for me but I'll give it a shot. I reserve the right to change it around if something else comes to mind though.

1: Neon Genesis Evangelion - What can I say about this anime that hasn't already been said. It's one you either like or don't like, I haven't met a lot of people in the middle. I loved the psychological aspect put into it. Diving into the characters head and seeing just what is happening to them was probably
one of my favorite parts of any anime. The characters, though
not all were necessarily likable, were beleivable adding to the overall feel of it.

2: Re: Cutie Honey - I watched this only because it was
a GAINAX anime and fell completely in love with it. It's just a fun three episode romp that's easy to do in one sitting with extremely lovable characters. Theme songs, both opening and ending, are great. Animation is beautifully done and very stylized at points. I really can't find anything bad about it.

3: Gunbuster - This is an anime I had been hunting down for awhile. Ever since I saw Evangelion(in truth only 2 years ago) I've been mad for anything GAINAX so knowing that this was another of their works I had to see it. Noriko is a very believable, lovable character. The science used gives it a more realistic feel compared to other sci-fi series, and the ending is probably GAINAX's best.

4: Diebuster - The sequal to Gunbuster that so far has been a lot less emotional and a lot more fun. The story is completely different from Gunbuster but they explain why things are like that with some fairly well thought out reasons that connect it to the first one. Animation is bright and vivid most of the time and Sadamoto's character designs work well with it.

The Rest are in no particular oder:

RahXephon - Eva-esque yet still oh so different. Likable characters all around, good mech designs, and a story that really keeps you interested. There really much more to ask for from an anime.

FLCL - Take a basic story of a kid growing up, now add aliens, androids, and another story on top of that about a plot to destroy your ability to think. There is so much beneath the surface of this anime that there is no way to completely understand it by only watching it once.

Chrno Crusade - One of my favorite stories from any anime. They twist and bend history to make it fit with the story but they do it in a beleivable fashion. Taking actual historical events and tweaking them to fit the story.

Azumanga Daioh - What can I say, it was just a fun series with great characters. Others have tried to it as well *cough High School Girls cough* but have not been able to be nearly as good. Osaka has basically become the unofficial mascot of anime.

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - The first anime I've seen based around quantum mechanics. Animation was amazing more often than it needed to be, the seiyuu were great, and it was just a whole lot of to watch. Even in it's screwed up aired order.

Elfen Lied - To tell you the truth, I'm really not sure why I like this one so much. Lots of nudity and blood and that's not normally what I'm looking for in an anime but I keep coming back to this one. The story in nice and thought out and it ends quite well in my opinion.

Kare Kano - This is the anime that most acurately depicts high school relationships. forget Tenchi or any other harem anime, none have come close to the level of emotions you feel between Arima and Yukino. Not to mention the comedy through out, and you have an anime that's more than worth checking out.

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad - This anime completely surprised with how good it was. An anime about a band didn't seem like it would appeal to me but I sat to watch it and wow. The animation during concerts was amazing. It was just extremely good. i can't think of what else to say about it.

Worst anime is even more difficult for me because I generally like what I see. I'm very easy to please most of the time. but here is my short list of only three.

Seed Grapher - I was only able to make it through 5 episodes before I gave up completely on it. It was just not able to keep my interest. I wasn't to fond of the character designs or the story the style.

Tenjou Tenge - Not necessarily a bad anime all around, but it's hard to like an anime where the flash back not only has a deeper, better plot, but also has just as much air time as the main story. Not to mention that nothing gets resolved in the end.

High School Girls - This seemed like an attempt at a raunchier version of Azumanga Daioh. Way to many panty shots to make them just boring rather than funny, and a forgettable cast of characters.[/b]
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
tyer123

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Top 10

1) Chrno Crusade
This is simply because I find the show to be really addictive and enjoyable to watch. It's funny, there are loads of action and it's thought provoking. The only problem that I have with the series was with the ending.

2) Love Hina
Although I found that the story was no where as good as the manga, it still is one of the funniest and most entertaining anime out there. Yui Hoire is such a good voice actor in this series, fitting the charater of Naru very well.

3) School Rumble
This is the best anime to watch whenever you are in the downs. I have seen the first seven or eight episodes and they all have been great. Cheered me up after the ending of spoiler[ Chrno Crusade]. And no-one can ever get sick of the love triangle genre.

4) Tsubasa Chronicles
I was a fan of Card Captor Sakura simply because the anime was cute. However I did find the story a bit boring. Tsubasa Chronicles brings Sakura and Lee back and some other characters from other animes created by Clamp into one awesome anime series. What constantly keeps me watching is that there are so many stories. It starts off a bit too draggy, but after a while the gang starts to go to lots of worlds, especially in season 2.

5) Paranoia Agent
I love shows that are thought provoking, and this is probably the best one. It is a little creepy, and I remember the first few episodes kept me up at night. However it does go a bit crazy in the end, but I suppose that's why they call it paranoia agent.

6) Gunslinger Girl
Heart breakingly beautiful and violent. It's creepy how a government organisation could turn innocent little girls into killing machines. Just sends chills down my spine whenever one of the girls holds a machine gun. My favourite character had to be Triela.

7) Air Gear
This is probably the coolest anime around at the moment. It's so cool, I feel like going outside and roller blading on the roofs of the high rise buildings in Japan!

8) Please Twins
This is because Miina is my favourite anime character of all time. The show is extra funny as well.

9) Digimon (original)
Well I never really liked Pokemon when I was young, so I started watching Digimon and absolutely loved it. I reckon the second and fourth season just killed the whole entire series though, that's why only the original season was good.

10) Azumanga Daioh/Mahoraba "heartful Days"
Asumanga Daioh is a great series. That's the only way I could describe it. Good for laughs. Mahoraba is just as good. it would have been ranked higher if it wasn't for the fact that I kept on getting a Love Hina vibe through the series. It was as if someone was trying to rip off Love Hina. However it is hilarious, and the plot of the main female character able to change personalities is reasonably original.

Bottom 5

5) Pokemon
Got really sick of this series.

4) Digimon season 4
Boredom, and as my english teacher always says...too many cliches.

3) Dragon Ball Z
This just got too draggy. Might as well read the manga, as the fight seens only take up four or five pages rather than ten episodes.

2) Digimon season 2
This season just ruined whatever the series was trying to do in the first season. And whose bloody idea is it to destroy spoiler[Tai's and Sora's relationship], and why did they show a few seconds of some random crap about some episode or movie that were never shown?

1) Final Fantasy Unlimited
It started off okay, but then there was no plot, animation started going crap (looks really amatuerish), the same things were repeating itself over and over again, and I got really bored and I'm stuck on ep15.
Taysiir

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:59 am Reply with quote
So, here is my top 10 and 5 least favorite or most hated anime.

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion - Unlike lots of mecha based anime, this one had this little grain, that when planted in a fertile soil, just like the good story, and given enough attention, would grow in something much more lively and humane, this little thing called life. NGE, gave life the characters that I fell in love with. Smile. I always see myself as shinji, because I have always been a sore looser and depressive fella Wink.

2. Gundam Seed - We live in a world at the edge of total chaos, israel making his move on lebanon and syria. A middle east in chaos. Gundam seed, is the anime I would have sent to bush on a golden plate. Its not the chars I liked, not the mecha warfare, but the morality out of it, call me pansy or anti war hippy, I dont care Wink. Gundam seed, has a lot of moral issues that appealed to me, kill someone, kill a child/brother/sister/mother/daughter, and you will be hated by his relatives. Thats why hated exist, why we have war, but war only bring destruction. nuff said. Smile

3. Gundam Seed Destiny - Well, what can I say. Please read what I said above. ehehe.

4. Trigun - I loved Vash character as much as I loved the story. Funny and a nice plot, even if it is much later that the truth about vash origin is mentioned.

5. Samurai Champloo - Lets see, two really awesome characters, with different mindset, on a trek together with someone who seems more bend on running into trouble. I really like the characters, the story and theme of SC. Fuu is really cute Wink

6. Samurai 7 - I didn't like it during the first episodes, mainly because of the presence of mecha, in this samurai sauce anime. But the story was awesome as well as the character development throughout the anime.

7. Ergo Proxy - Not much to say, haven't watch it completely, but nevertheless, its one of my favorite anime, because I really like the storyline so far.

8. Rurouni Kenshin - Not much to say on this one either, because I stopped watching at episode 40, and will prolly get the rest later on, but I really like the story and characters.

9. Bleach - Bleach is fun, specially the characters. <3 Kon. I hope to see more of it soon, fillers really ruin some anime like naruto.

10. Hellsing - A nice and well made vampire theme anime. The Alucard character is just awesome. What can I say more about being the most powerful vampire on earth and working on the good side of the line. Smile

Now, the dreaded Most hated/Least favorite 5 Razz
1. Elfen Lied - I didn't really like the mindless violence in it, despite the nice story, I dont justify killing people just because you have suffered in some way or another. Lucy was always mistreated in her childhood, and she even killed because of jealousy, its just plain stupid.

2. Naruto - I really like naruto from ep 1 - 148, but now, I just cant wait for Naruto Season 2, fillers ruined this wonderful anime.

3. Naruto movies 1/2 - Just plain boring, what can I say more? I fell asleep watching the second movie. Razz

4. Teken the movie - Well, just plain bad this time. Wasnt fun to watch at all.

5. I haven't been in anime long so, I will stop at 4. Most of the other anime I have watched were good and I dont see anyone fitting in this last spot Wink
Darc_knight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Top 10

10. Air---> A fun enthralling show to watch that can leave a feeling of happiness or sadness depending on the episodes.

9. Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo---> Absolutely beautiful drawings with a marvelous story. The designs of the cloths are all uniquely done that amazes me beyond belief! Also, the story plotwise is interesting and the developments of the characters are great even though it's a 24 episode series.

8. Eureka 7---> This anime is superb. It has tons of action, heart-stopping drama, excellent character development, a great plot, and much more that can’t be said with words.

7. Monster---> One of the greatest psychological thriller ever. The ending is kind of confusing, but it is great because there are many different things to look at when interpreting.

6. R.O.D -The TV----> I love the combination of three different sisters with different personalities yet same in some ways being put together. In addition, the manipulation of paper is keen and very intriguing.

5. Vision of Escaflowne---> I simply love the setting, the story and the characters. The setting feels like a better version of the scenery from The Twelve Kingdoms. The story is somewhat a little too imaginative, but extremely interesting. And the characters are truly something to look after for. All the characters have some important or unique roles.

4. Elfen Lied---> Short, interesting, beautiful, and lovable are the words for this superb anime. And the ending can't get any better.

3. Mobile Suit Gundam Seed---> The action is fascinating and the dramatic scenes are very heart-touching.

2. Hunter X Hunter---> This is the only anime that seems to be in the range of FMA when looking at the top anime. The plot, the characters, the visuals, the theme of friendship, the action, the special effects, all in all are masterpiece. I don't know about anybody else, but I can't believe how much I love this anime. This is a must, must, must watch for every anime fan.

1. Fullmetal Alchemist---> FMA has cool characters, heart touching scenes, excellent action, and everything else you can ask for in an anime.

Bottom 4

4. Dragon Ball GT---> This is one of those horrible animes that ignorant people like.

3. Digimon Adventure---> Another one of those stupid animes that some babies like.

2. Yu-Gi-Oh!---> Is this show horrible or what? The characters don't realize the baby Yu-Gi transform into a bigger one until like half the show is over, especially when there is a tornado surrounding him. This anime is crazy; I don't know how it appeals to anyone at all.

1. Pokemon---> This show almost makes me throw up. I hate this show and I hate the Team Rocket even more. They are extremely annoying, aggravating, and simply the biggest nuisance ever.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
RoryG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quote
top 5

1. samurai x
the story hooked me in as soon as i started watching it.it wasn't just mindless slaughter. The music is an enjoyable change from what you usually here. I loved the art work.

2. princess mononoke
the visuals were more than pleasing. no loose ends. but a bit moralistic

3.hellsing
dark themes good story. they didn't use stereo typical vampires.

4.ghost in the shell : stand alone complex
it made me think. more daialog than action. decent change of pace.

5. final fantasy vii advent children
was a huge fan of the game. great cgi.

Bottom 4

4.inuyasha
seems like to many other things out there.

3. code lyoko
all episodes seem the same

2. dragon ball
bad action sequencing. repetetive story.

1. dragonball z
same as dragon ball
except worse
[/u]
Jeikobu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Kidder wrote:

Unfortunately this "goal" kind of dies out and the show has officially been ended.

Though it would appear so, I wouldn't rule out another series later. They're probably just waiting for the manga to get far enough ahead (or finish). Remember the info the trivia section of the ANN IY page:
Quote:
After 167 episodes, Sunrise Inc. decided to end the animated show and release the conclusion to the story in manga (Japanese comic books). But, on a radio talk show, the Producer of the show announced that they only ended the first series of the show. Hinting that a second series will be coming soon.

Kidder wrote:
I'm a huge fan of Naruto, but even I gotta admit it's purely entertainment value and frankly I wish they would have less of Naruto. Hell, they should have an entire arc without Naruto!

Man, I could not agree more. Naruto gets way, WAY too much spotlight. There are so many great characters in the show that deserve SO much more attention. Worse yet, most of the attention they do get is in the filler. What's with Kishimoto (with all due respect to him)? ><;;;;

As a result, my favorite eps are actually a filler arc. I don't care what anyone says, I enjoyed those few eps more than any other part of the series.

RoryG wrote:

1. samurai x
the story hooked me in as soon as i started watching it.it wasn't just mindless slaughter. The music is an enjoyable change from what you usually here. I loved the art work.

First let me note "Samurai X" is just a cheap name stupid ADV made for it. Its true name is still Rurouni Kenshin, it's just these are OVAs, not a TV series or movie (and ADV also sadly gave the movie the "Samurai X" title. >< Thankfully Media Blasters got the series and retained the true name).

But I highly agree, the RK Trust, Betrayal, and Reflection OVAs are some of the best anime ever made. The animation is simply outstanding (my personal favorite EVER. The art style is so beautiful. The characters like very Japanese but still anime-esque), as is the score (some of my favorite music ever). Follow that up with a deep, gripping, amazing story that immediately pulls you in and has you hooked start to finish, and is filled with fantastic action sequences (however overly violent), beautiful romance, and heart-wrenching drama, and you have one heck of an anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
3. code lyoko

Code Lyoko isn't an anime; it's a North American* cartoon with some stylistic similarities to anime.

*My mistake, its a French cartoon.

Last edited by Wolverine Princess on Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
biliano

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
Quote:
3. code lyoko

Code Lyoko isn't an anime; it's a North American cartoon with some stylistic similarities to anime.

Code Lyoko originates in France. Source
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:01 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:

Code Lyoko originates in France. Source

Thanks, I didn't know that. I just assumed it was domestic production.
Mr.Roboto

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:44 pm Reply with quote
These aren't in order except for the first one being my favorite.

Yu Yu Hakusho- From the first time I saw this anime on Cartoon Network I was hooked. My favorite anime characters of all time is in this. Yusuke is the coolest smartass and Kuwabara is funny and cool. All the other characters are so awesome and cool like Hiei and Kurama and Toguro and Sensui. The characters develop really well as it goes on too. If it wasn't for the great characters it probably wouldn't have been that good. To me it's the perfect anime. Also I like it cause it has awesome fights and the same time it's fast paced and having a good story.

Cowboy Bebop- I love the whole style of this anime. The Jazzy style. Spike is another one of my favorite anime characters. His voice really matches and he's so calm about everything. This and Yu Yu Hakusho are probably the only anime shows I could watch over and over again. The first time I saw the theme song start up on Adult Swim I never missed an episode after that. Also it has a lot of action.

Inuyasha- This is the first adult swim show I ever saw. It's probably what got me into the adult swim anime. I think it has a really good story. The quest for the jewel shards. I think they stretch it on a little too long but it was really enjoyable the whole way. Inuyasha'a has a cool attitude. I think the first episode got me hooked as well. I'm not sure it was either that or I saw him fight with Shoshomuru. I also like how Naroku is perverted and I think it's pretty funny. Naraku is a cool bad guy. The only episodes I've seen are the Band of 7 and on ones and a couple of the first episodes. I still loved what I saw.

Samurai Champloo- Once again cool rap/anime style that I love. It doesn't have much of a story but I love the fights. I think it's so cool how Mugen is cool and unbeatable and Jin being mysterious and unbeatable. I'll never forget when Mugen was breaking the guy's fingers in the restaurant. I never saw past episode 14 but I just love it.

Dragonball/DBZ/DBGT- I love it so much when everyone underestimates Goku and all of a sudden he does something no one thought was possible. Dragonball was way better than DBZ and DBGT but I love the fights and different Super Saiyan levels. The only thing that I don't like is eventually Goku and Vegeta are the only strong ones and everyone else is weak. I just hate that. I want Goku stronger than everyone else but when they just suck and Goku's on a mega level it's not as enjoyable. I love the Dragonball series for the memorable characters and fights.

Those are my favorites but I really don't have any least favorites except-

Yu-gi-oh GX- Boring and when they take out Yugi and his friends it kills the whole thing.

Naruto- It's so boring and there's is just no story at all. All the characters are so annoying except Kakashi. The action is really repetitive and the whole idea is old and boring.
UKfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:34 pm Reply with quote
I voted more than 10 as masterpieces but these are the 10 I rate the highest of those.

Elfen Lied

I loved the story and the characters. I was amazed how they managed to fit so many different emotions in to the anime. There was alot of bad stuff happening but an equal amount of good stuff as well. My first impression was that it was a comedy series as it was very funny although it did sober up a bit near the end.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

I lost about 2 years of my life to Final Fantasy VII when it was released and I nearly wet myself with joy when I watched this. It might not have much appeal to anyone unfamiliar to the games but just seeing the team in full CGI beauty was a dream come true.

Gunbuster

I heard alot about this before I saw it and I wasn't dissapointed.
It might be old but it's a great story, epic almost, especially the battles. I like Giant Robots and you don't get much bigger than the Gunbuster. The ending was moving as well and left me feeling elated yet sad at the same time.

Last Exile

Beautiful to look at. One of the best looking series I've seen but it isn't just flash and effects it has a great story and great characters as well. I'm a big Skies of Arcadia fan so the fact it had flying warships made me very happy as well.

Nadia: Secret of Blue Water

What a ride. I felt sad and empty when I ejected the last disc and realised my adventures with Nadia, Jean and Marie had finished. It might have got a bit ropey in the middle but I enjoy a bit of comic relief so it didn't bore me. Plenty of action in the rest of the series and a great story kept me glued to the screen.

ROD the TV

I enjoyed the OVA so I was looking forward to the TV series and it didn't let me down. More of the same, yet bigger and better. It looked nice and I loved the Paper Sisters, they made a great trio of heroines and they were fun to watch even when not doing anything exciting.

***RahXephon***

Simply the best Giant Robo style anime I've seen. I loved the fact it had an emotional side to it as well as the action. The animation was pretty and the characters were fun. Interesting story and Xephon just looked cool. One of the few anime I cried like a baby while watching, if you've seen it you know the part. Simply the best series I've seen so far. Everything about it just worked and I couldn't tear myself away from the screen until it had finished.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

A beautiful film. The art style, architecture and general feel of the film were fantastic. The story was exciting yet also moving and D is simply one of the best hero characters I've seen in an anime. The whole thing comes together to make an amazing viewing experience.

Vision of Escaflowne

I love the whole schoolgirl taken to another world style anime and this is the best of those I've seen. It beats Magic Knight Rayearth by a small margin due to it's cleaner visuals and more dramatic storyline. A fantastic fantasy adventure with a host of interesting characters and the Escaflowne wins my 2nd best looking Giant Robot award. A fantastic series.

X TV

Much more than a supernatural fight anime. A deep and intresting storyline, multi-faceted characters and some touching love stories combine to make a great series. I also really like the CLAMP style of characters and this is the best of their work.

Least favourite (although I still enjoyed them, someone has to be the worst)

Spriggan

Sounded good, was good but it was nowhere near as good as I hoped for. A bit of a lame story didn't help and the hero just didn't seem that good. Seemed a bit like someone came up with alot of good ideas and just stuck them all together hoping it worked.

Those Who Hunt Elves

I watched this dubbed with the subs on for the most part just to make sure I wasn't missing too much of what was going on. It was a funny story and I enjoyed the slapstick nature but it never really went anywhere and it wasn't very mentally stimulating.

Pilot Candidate

The Goddesses looked a bit too corny for my liking. Fancy computer robots might be a good idea but they just didn't seem to fit in. It looked like it might have been better than it was at the start and it seemed like more could have been done at the end so I was expecting more than I got. Training just doesn't make for exciting viewing.

~~~Martian Successor Nadesico: The Prince of Darkness~~~

This was so much of a crime against the series I cried. Besides the fact the letterboxed visuals looked drab and dark it just didn't capture the magic of the series. Not what I was expecting after watching the series so I was dissapointed. I enjoyed the chance to return to the Nadesico but I have to say this is the most dissapointing anime I've seen.

Final Fantasy Unlimited

They used about 10 minutes of each episode for one animation. It was a tacky CGI animation as well. A shame really as the story showed alot of promise near the end and if they hadn't screwed up the start they could have done something interesting with it. A lost opportunity I feel.
DemonicHunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:36 pm Reply with quote
hmmmm well

1.Neon Genesis Evangelion- This anime was the first i ever bought...i fell in love with the characters. Evangelion changed my life sorta haha =D I loved episodes 25 and 26 also =D the manga was awesome also
2. Chobits- haha in this i also loved the characters! haha Chii is soo cute!
3. Love Hina- haha i thought this anime was wicked funny and i enjoi every last part of it =D the manga was better i thought
4. FLCL- this anime made me go WTF and i dont understand what the heck Fooly Cooly means... but this anime was wicked funny and i also enjoyed it
5. Blue Gender- this anime had an awesome story i thought. i loved how Yuji had to try to make it to second earth.
6.Higurashi no Naku Koro ni- Im still in the process of watching this anime but I LOVE IT haha =D i love the story of it and i think its pretty scary =)

i cant pick out anymore =/ and i dont have any dislikes =( [/b]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kurisutaru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:45 am Reply with quote
Okay, I'll try my best to give some explanations as to why I love/don't like the anime I choose.
(note that my English isn't the best since it's only my second language)

My Top 5 anime:

1) Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon

The story is one of the best I've seen. Okay, there's more character development in the manga or elsewhere, but I think the anime is great too. There are so many heartwrenching scenes, there's so much to laugh etc. The music is catchy even in the dubbed version. The show's quite old, but who cares? Sailor Moon is the reason why I became an anime fan.

2) Shoujo Kakumei Utena

It's an out of the ordinary story with lots of mysterious characters. The music must be the best one I've heard, next to Sailor Moon. (note that the director of SKU is the same as the one who did some Sailor Moon episodes, how convenient)
I still have to watch the movie. And, for an old anime, the animation is superb!

3) Trigun

The animation is not la crème de la crème, but the story and the humour is. I'm only in possession of the first two volumes of the anime, but it's enough for me to give an opinion. The action sequences are well done, the voices absolutely fit their characters. Usually I don't like sci-fi western, but Trigun made me think otherwise. Great anime!

4) Fullmetal Alchemist

It had me at "Hello". An interesting and original plot, great unusual character designs and development (even if sometimes, Edward's voice grates on my nerves), peppy opening and ending theme songs... there's everything I need to call this anime succsessful!

5) Shin Shirayuki Hime Densetsu Pretear

Very similar to Sailor Moon, one could call it a ripoff. But it has better animation and even if there are many clichées, there's still some originality in that specific series. The characters aren't your everyday Mahou Shoujo stereotypes. In fact, they can be humourous, funny and very creative such as Mr. Tanaka or Mayune. ^^

The 5 worst anime will follow soon. I'm tired...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 39 of 122