• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Return of Robotech [2006-07-22]

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Well I don't know about everyone else, but after reading the whole thing I am actually pretty excited. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Wow. I can't believe ADV's even lost the Robotech sequel to FUNimation after the series did so well on dvd for HG. And FUNi has yet to prove they can do successful theatrical releases.
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:13 pm Reply with quote
wow never thought funi would get this and even a theater release when there not exacalty that good with getting movies in theaters and even in major citys.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sykosteve

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:26 pm Reply with quote
As far as the ADV comment goes, ADV is dealing with original macross storyline and not the americanized robotech. So I see no reason ADV would try for the licensing of Shadow Chronicles.

As much as I want to see shadow chronicles, I haven't watched american robotech in well over 10 years, and at this point, i'd much rather watch original japanese macross that ADV is releasing currently.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:43 pm Reply with quote
syko:
Quote:
As far as the ADV comment goes, ADV is dealing with original macross storyline and not the americanized robotech.

They've been selling both shows on dvd. ADV even at one point claimed Robotech to be their biggest seller.
Saouri

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Finally, Robotech's fans will enjoy the long-time-waited Shadow Chronicle OVA.

But i think one thing is pretty sad...the oficial page (Robotech.com) is not talking about this good news.

Well, good for all the fans in USA who have the oportunity to go to cinemas and watch the premiere of Shadow Chronicles. The rest of the world, will wait to the DVD release Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sykosteve

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:06 pm Reply with quote
*cough* well...ahem, forgive my ignorance on my first post Anime hyper

I didn't realize it was ADV distro'ing the robotech dvds. -_- carry on then Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Jasonc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:10 pm Reply with quote
sykosteve wrote:
As far as the ADV comment goes, ADV is dealing with original macross storyline and not the americanized robotech. So I see no reason ADV would try for the licensing of Shadow Chronicles.

As much as I want to see shadow chronicles, I haven't watched american robotech in well over 10 years, and at this point, i'd much rather watch original japanese macross that ADV is releasing currently.

It's not like you can only choose one to watch. I watch Macross and Robotech equally as much. and at this point in time, Robotech and macross are two totally different shows. The only thing that tied them together was the original 32 eps. of Macross. So to relate the two now into Shadow Chronicles would make no sense. If anything, it'd be more like MOSPEADA Plus or MOSPEADA II.

I'm happy about it being funimation. I think Funimation will do fine if they try a limited theater release. They have Full Metal Alchemist coming out in limited theater soon, and based of it's popularity, should do well.

I hope for a release date of November from Funimation. It's a great movie. Very Happy
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Saouri wrote:

But i think one thing is pretty sad...the oficial page (Robotech.com) is not talking about this good news.

Nothing on the Funimation site yet either.
red stranger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm just getting back into Robotech, but it's nice to know that the Shadow Chronicles will be available. I'm probably going to get it, eventually, and I will enjoy not looking at the ADV logo.
vmerquise

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:16 pm Reply with quote
well, I can understand the lack of web updates as it is saturday and the ink isn't even dry on the paper yet. They'll probably have something up by monday though.
As for me I can't wait, I'm going to Mecha-con to see the only full length con presentation of Shadow Chronicles, only 20 more days!!!
CaptainJLS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:58 am Reply with quote
Well, geez, of course there's nothing up at Robotech.com about this -- everybody was probably out late partying last night celebrating the fact that they finally got this monkey off their backs! Very Happy
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:29 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Wow. I can't believe ADV's even lost the Robotech sequel to FUNimation after the series did so well on dvd for HG. And FUNi has yet to prove they can do successful theatrical releases.

True (then again, FUNimation hasn't had much in the way of serious theatrical material), but on the other hand I doubt there were many distributors who would have picked Robotech up, possibly due to several factors, that being they charged too much, harmony gold charged too much, or FUNimation were the only ones to either have potential or see potential in the title.

Sometimes you just have to duke it out with what you've got and what you can get Smile .

On the subject of the movie itself, more Macross/Robotech related stuff from the people who also did Macross Plus is awesome and I can't wait for this movie. Generally I prefer Robotech to Macross/Various (part due to nostalgia, others for reasons I probably wont mention) , however I honestly think neither for or against is an issue with this movie, because in all honest it could just be a good film in general, good enough to receive applause at Cannes.

Robotech happened, and happened due to market and economical conditions. I say to all of those people who are unsure, you're best off putting it behind you because you can't undo the past, and you might miss out on something that's genuinly enjoyable if you keep being bitter about it.
God Gundam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:31 am Reply with quote
Jasonc wrote:
Robotech and macross are two totally different shows. The only thing that tied them together was the original 32 eps. of Macross.

Macross is 36 episodes.
kurotsuki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:27 pm Reply with quote
so...basicly..that measn we get the actual realease....when ?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3