• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Full Alchemist in theaters

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:34 am Reply with quote
The Funimation site has dates for Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shambala. Too bad there are no dates for Ca. yet.
bennyb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:38 am Reply with quote
Waaaay to cover NY. I'm assuming there will be more dates put up in the future
ryujin jakka

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:16 pm Reply with quote
They did the same thing to me with Trinity Blood and Basalisk, No KC Date! This is really getting old, Once more there is not a theater with in 100 miles of me that it will be shown in. Get it togather Funimation. Mad

-Curtis
Kelly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm really surprised there are no California or New York locations, considering the population density.

Oh well. If we have to wait until the DVD release, that's what we'll have to do.
Webki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Well, I am assuming they will put it into theaters in its dubbed version. I really don't like the FMA dubs, plus I've already seen the movie. It is definitely worth the watch, but not dubbed. At least for my personally preference.

As for NY, it will probably play in many theaters in Manhattan, but the chances of the other boroughs getting it are slim.
bennyb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:57 pm Reply with quote
It pretty much goes without saying SOMEWHERE in NYC will get a screening, if not multiple theaters. However I live in Upstate NY and the chances up here are probably zilch. I prefer FMA dub myself and altho I didn't real care THAT much for the movie I wouldn't mind seeing it in a theater.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:59 pm Reply with quote
ryujin jakka wrote:
They did the same thing to me with Trinity Blood and Basalisk, No KC Date! This is really getting old, Once more there is not a theater with in 100 miles of me that it will be shown in. Get it togather Funimation. Mad

Can't really blame them, it's a risky venture and they have to stick with markets that will likely draw enough to turn a profit. It is a business and putting movies in theaters isn't cheap, they need to be very selective and careful with such a niche title.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hikaru393

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:16 pm Reply with quote
awsome 3 theaters are palying it righyt next to where i live except i thought it was in theaters on sep 8th it looks like august 25th and 26th
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jdb728

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:27 pm Reply with quote
I hope these companies stop snubbing the northwest. Not having showings in Oregon(where I live) is acceptable(no real guaruntee of a profit, or even a pretty good showing). Not having showings in Washington(state) is a huge mistake(IMO), WA has one of the biggest anime cons in the country(maybe not in the top 2 or 3, but Sakura Con has got to be pretty high on the list), thinking that the location of one of the most successful anime cons in the US wouldn't have a decent anime following(to make it worth while for a theatre screening) is just foolish.

I seriously hope they add more theatres, since the list seems like a lot of sections of the US wouldn't even have a real shot at seeing it.

Thanks. Cool
Kiyomaro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping it comes to Chicago.
b214

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Come on connecticut, lol like that's gonna happen. As long as they put one in NYC then I might go see it. I'm really surprised they don't have a showing it yet in seattle.
Anime Toy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:41 pm Reply with quote
I too hope it comes to Chicago. I've been interested in the movie for a while. OH PLEASE....DON'T OVERLOOK US!!!!!! Anime cry
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:52 pm Reply with quote
I would complain about the lack of Canadian screenings, but if not even California or New York are getting any yet, then it's probably not the most urgent matter at hand.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:55 pm Reply with quote
I hope they do somehow get it to Cali, that'd be a real bumme if they couldn't.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
I would complain about the lack of Canadian screenings, but if not even California or New York are getting any yet, then it's probably not the most urgent matter at hand.

Wow I didn't even look to see if NY was on the list of theaters, I am little perplex now. It's seems like the three biggest market (Chicago,LA,NY) have no theaters near them, I mean what gives? That just doesn't seem like the best move, excluding such a big part of the population. I guess Funi gotta be loyal to middle america or something.....or maybe the theater chains are completely different from us on the coast.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3