• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ayakashi Ayashi

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryujin jakka

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:56 am Reply with quote
Does any one Know what it is about Exactly? The picture on there home page looks really cool, yet for some reason it reminde's me of Bleach's Kurosaki Ichigo? I would like to know more, as BONES has been impressing me lately! Eureaka Seven, and Full Metal Alchemist have been really good. Hope it end's up being good.

-Curtis
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Aspirations for the show are high, since the series is a period/historically themed anime - an unusual entry into this kind of a time slot.
From the look of the character on the site, it could be a samurai themed series. Then again, it is too early for any announcements. The site does not have a lot of contents, just a character and Japanese that I can not read.

Lately BONES has been making a lot of great stuff such as Fullmetal Alchemist and Ouran High School Host Club. I look forward to seeing this.
ryujin jakka

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:10 pm Reply with quote
It does kinda look like a Samurai Flick. I can't wait to see what BONES Can do with Samauri! I will eageraly be awaithing this title. Lets hope it come to America. I can't Read the kanji yet, so I don't know what it says, but maby there is someone out there who can read Japanese?*Hint, Hint*

-Curtis

Last edited by ryujin jakka on Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Aniplex, Bones and MBS are producing a new anime seres, Ayakashi Ayashi, set to premiere on MBS/TBS in October.
The important thing is that Shoji Kawamori is doing the character design. This guy is awesome. He did mechanical designs for Eureka Seven, Outlaw Star, and various Macross series. Sunrise should have gotten this him to do some mechanical designs for the Gundam Seed series since they ripped off their own original designs to make it look modern, shiny, and cool.

The show starts airing this October. We'd better get this in late 2007 to early 2008 if we are lucky. Plus they have not announced how many episodes it will be.

*They spelt series wrong in the main article.
ryujin jakka

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:56 pm Reply with quote
The Naked Beast wrote:
Quote:
Aniplex, Bones and MBS are producing a new anime seres, Ayakashi Ayashi, set to premiere on MBS/TBS in October.
The important thing is that Shoji Kawamori is doing the character design. This guy is awesome. He did mechanical designs for Eureka Seven, Outlaw Star, and various Macross series. Sunrise should have gotten this him to do some mechanical designs for the Gundam Seed series since they ripped off their own original designs to make it look modern, shiny, and cool.

The show starts airing this October. We'd better get this in late 2007 to early 2008 if we are lucky. Plus they have not announced how many episodes it will be.

*They spelt series wrong in the main article.

Judgeing By the past, We have most of what BONES has released, Cowboy Bebop, FMA, Eureka Seven, ECT. SO I think that chances are good well get it!

Curtis
Afax

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Hmm a little errata in the article. The character designs aren't by Shoji Kawamori, but by Toshihiro Kawamoto (Golden Boy, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain)
Bemman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Afax wrote:
Hmm a little errata in the article. The character designs aren't by Shoji Kawamori, but by Toshihiro Kawamoto (Golden Boy, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain)

Very Happy If that's true, that's even better (love Kawamoto's work!)
Riyousha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:09 pm Reply with quote
I would like to see it. It'll air on October. I hope it's good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ryujin jakka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:32 am Reply with quote
Afax wrote:

I thought that art looked more like Shoji Kawamori's Style But it is not. Very Cool, I like Toshihiro Kawamoto Too. I am Really Excited about this now! My hope that it will come out here Is Very High. Cool

Curtis
Rah-Rah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:22 am Reply with quote
Hmm, if this is airing in october, then I wonder when Code Geass is gonna air (It's supposed to be in the same time slot).Still, this looks pretty interesting, so I guess I can wait a while longer Very Happy .
ryujin jakka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:26 am Reply with quote
Rah-Rah wrote:
Hmm, if this is airing in october, then I wonder when Code Geass is gonna air (It's supposed to be in the same time slot).Still, this looks pretty interesting, so I guess I can wait a while longer Very Happy .

What is Code Geass? Unfortunatly we will all have to wait, and it is going to be along time, a very long time Crying or Very sad . I really Cannot wait for it to come out!

On the same note, I have a friend who can read japanese, if I can contact her I will find out what it says on the teaser site.

Curtis
Rah-Rah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:28 am Reply with quote
Code Geass is a CLAMP/Sunrise production, from the director of Planetes, Infinite Ryvius, and Gun Sword. There was an article about it here a while ago http://www.theotaku.com/news/view/new_clamp%7Csunrise_anime_confirmed/1460/
ryujin jakka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Rah-Rah wrote:
Code Geass is a CLAMP/Sunrise production, from the director of Planetes, Infinite Ryvius, and Gun Sword. There was an article about it here a while ago http://www.theotaku.com/news/view/new_clamp%7Csunrise_anime_confirmed/1460/

Cool! but that Mech Look's Like an Evangelion?
Rah-Rah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Kinda. Looks like more like a Eva/Gundam hybrid with wheels on it's feet to me. Still kinda cool though.
ryujin jakka

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:25 am Reply with quote
An Evangelion/Gundam Hybrid....God help us all the world is about to Implode in ontop of Itslef. I like Evagelion and i like Gundam, Lets hope that I like this Show too!

Curtis
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2