• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4Kids Goes On Demand

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:21 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Yu-Gi-Oh!, Sonic X, and Kirby willl be available "soon" on Comcast's Video On Demand service. The 4Kids TV channel will offer 10 hours of programming with new episodes every two weeks.

Well that is pretty good I guess......I know lots of folks like Yugi, but I don't kids are going to be paying to watch it. Same could be said for Sonic and Kirby, not bad when they are on in the day but I am not going out of my way to watch them.
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:34 am Reply with quote
The press release wrote:
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will also premiere with a television exclusive - five all-new shell-tastic adventures jam-packed with awesome Turtles action - on TMNT Only On VOD.

Totally-Tubular-Turtleriffic and Rockin'-Reptile-Rice-A-Roni would've been much more accurate and descriptive substitutes.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:02 am Reply with quote
So lemme get this straight:

If I demand uncut One Piece, and 4kids doesn't provide it, can I sue for False Advertising??
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:10 am Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:

If I demand uncut One Piece, and 4kids doesn't provide it, can I sue for False Advertising??

No, since One Piece, censored or not, wasn't ever mentioned in the press release.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:28 am Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:

LOL that would be pretty awesome if that was true, can you imagine the amount of angry anime fans.....shiver in fear.

No I don't think so, Video on Demand simply means that of the video/programs that are available (regardless if it sub/dub) you can watch them at any time for the right price. You can demand all you want for One piece but all that is going to show up is that amazing dub, and there isn't much you can do except pray that 4kids start to make uncut boxes like Naruto.

So to answer your question no you can't suit for false advertisement, but you can watch all new TMNT.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
God Gundam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:43 am Reply with quote
4Kids on demand?

What's the point?
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:04 am Reply with quote
Becasue kids demand to see Kirby, Sonic X, and Yu-Gi-Oh! anytime, day and night. Why do you have to ask?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:10 am Reply with quote
YTV is also offering something like this, or at least advertising it. But it's only available on cable, so I don't know if it's implemented yet or not.

This actually seems to be a step backwards; to show programs which have aired on broadcast TV on PPV. Airing on PPV might be a good thing if the shows weren't available otherwise, but doing it now might encourage removing the better anime from broadcast.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:36 am Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
The press release wrote:
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will also premiere with a television exclusive - five all-new shell-tastic adventures jam-packed with awesome Turtles action - on TMNT Only On VOD.

Totally-Tubular-Turtleriffic and Rockin'-Reptile-Rice-A-Roni would've been much more accurate and descriptive substitutes.

Yeah, there's gonna be a new Ninja Turtles and it will take place in the future. Shell-yeah. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Laruto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:49 am Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
Wolverine Princess wrote:
The press release wrote:

Yeah, there's gonna be a new Ninja Turtles and it will take place in the future. Shell-yeah. Cool

There probably going to show the lost season that takes place in the ninja tribunal. They Mentioned TMNT's never before seen, not TMNT:FF never before seen". either way this could be a good thing inwhich they can show new episodes of Mew Mew power, and final episodes of Kirby, F-Zero, and other series that they canned, to keep things fresh. They can also licenses smaller series and premiere them there. Also have an uncut section maybe Crying or Very sad that would be nice.
uncutpokemon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:14 am Reply with quote
nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooo anything but that anything Crying or Very sad this is horrible just horrible that evil bastard Al Kahn will strike rich off of this one and you know it CURSE YOU KAHN curse you to hell and to everyone else whatever you do DON'T WATCH THEIR ON DEMAND CRAP cause if you buy their on demand shit they will demand you give your money to them! and no one wants to pay money to the evil kahn monster right?
coolGAL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:48 am Reply with quote
God Gundam wrote:
4Kids on demand?

What's the point?
LOL i agree dumb move 4kids dumb move.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:22 am Reply with quote
No need to waste my money. Period.
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:39 pm Reply with quote
uncutpokemon wrote:
nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooo ... and no one wants to pay money to the evil kahn monster right?
KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN! Sorry, that was way too easy.

If DirecTV picks this up instead of, well, FUNimation Channel and TAN, I well be annoyed. A little less then whatever bothers uncutpokemon, but bothered noon the less.
mmangelly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I just want to watch Shaman King on dvd. Why is it that 4Kids felt the need to license one of my favorite shows? I bet Shaman King won't even be on this 4Kids on Demand. I've even given up on Uncut Shaman King dvds at this point I just want to watch Saman King.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3