• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
High school of the dead (manga)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truered

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:49 am Reply with quote
Just wondering, has anyone else noticed how the manga of HSoTD seems to be completely sold out on UK sites? Amazon only has marketplace options, and volume 1 on TBD has been "currently unavailable" for months. I thought perhaps it might just have sold out in general, but a quick visit to amazon.com shows that isn't the case. I guess given the small and quiet nature of this subforum the answer is no, but could anyone have any idea why it seems to have completely vanished from UK stores? Did they only bother to buy three copies each? Razz

It's just been annoying me, as I've really wanted to read the manga. I could buy from amazon.com, but as I found out last time I tried to order an OoP Yotsuba volume, delivery prices and so on don't make it financially worth it at all. I know I buy a lot of stuff, but even I have my limits Laughing
ReaKon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote
I have been a bit confused by this aswell. I have never known a No.1 of a series to be sold out within a year of being released. Companies seem to produce alot more no.1's as they sell more of them.

I managed to get an order in for amazon.co.uk when it said 1-2 months delivery and because amazon doesn't take any money out of my account until it is sent, I thought why the hell not. I am not too confident about it arriving though seeing as it was taken off the site shortly after the order was placed. Hopefully they will be ordering a new batch of them...I will post here if I ever manage to get a copy.
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:39 am Reply with quote
My local comic shop here in Nottingham, Page 45, has it in stock. They can't offer the discounts that Amazon and BookDep can but they charge postage at cost so it'll certainly be cheaper than importing it via Amazon.com.
ReaKon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:54 am Reply with quote
I have just received an email from amazon saying that I will be receiving mine by 15th Jun now. Looking on amazon, they must have ordered a few more to go with it as there are 2 in stock again. Make sure to get your order in before they go as I imagine they won't last long!

Thanks for the tip by the way moomintroll. Next time I am over Nottingham way, I shall have a look at this shop.

[Edit] - It actually looks like quite a few places now have them in stock. They must have all been waiting for a shipment from Yen Press in America.
Parvis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Im from nottingham also, I'll be putting my order in through Page 45
IanC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:02 pm Reply with quote
I wait for the colour editions my self. Which means a much longer wait, i know... but it looks so lovely!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1